Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Occult stuff real?

TCMike

Just wondering objectively about if there really are serious people into doing it and that it works for them. What I'm saying is for my very few personal experiences of seeing people playing the ouija board, it seems they were having more fun pulling my leg about it than seriously answering my question if it was real or not.

What type of answer are you expecting on a site about the occult? :huh:

Oh, and ouija boards are a pile of crap. :tu:

However, Ouija boards are quite real, and the results are quite "real". I was a member of a group who got replies from a board for years, with none of us INTENTIONALLY pushing the traveler. But in general I don't currently find there to be validity in most occult or paranormal claims, with the possible exception of some psi abilities such as telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition and similar more-or-less spontaneous things.

Occult is a pretty huge umbrella. So overall answer IMO is yes. There really is hidden knowledge out there, there really are people that practice occult practices. There are esoterics out there. There are people that do it in secret or only share it amongst themselves. Of course there are folks that do share it freely with others as well, and then you get forums like this one.

I think it kind of depends on which branches of the occult you are asking about as to how valid or not they are, or how well they work.

For instance, meditation practices could fall under the occult umbrella, and a lot of people use meditation, and it works. Some people try meditation and it does not work.

Alchemy could be considered occult, and there is debate as to how well it works or not. But alchemy helped spawn chemistry, a science that works very well and is known well enough now that it is not considered occult at all. Amusingly, I think that if one were to take some of our chemistry tricks from today and take them back to when alchemy was more popular, that chemist would likely be killed as a magic user.

Ouija boards? There are likely as many different views as to if they work or not, and all of the in betweens as there are ouija boards in existence.

• Like 1

Is real. It gets more interesting and asks for more questions to be answered the farther you dwell in it. Or you could get obsessed..

Occult is a pretty huge umbrella. So overall answer IMO is yes. There really is hidden knowledge out there, there really are people that practice occult practices. There are esoterics out there. There are people that do it in secret or only share it amongst themselves. Of course there are folks that do share it freely with others as well, and then you get forums like this one.

I think it kind of depends on which branches of the occult you are asking about as to how valid or not they are, or how well they work.

For instance, meditation practices could fall under the occult umbrella, and a lot of people use meditation, and it works. Some people try meditation and it does not work.

Alchemy could be considered occult, and there is debate as to how well it works or not. But alchemy helped spawn chemistry, a science that works very well and is known well enough now that it is not considered occult at all. Amusingly, I think that if one were to take some of our chemistry tricks from today and take them back to when alchemy was more popular, that chemist would likely be killed as a magic user.

Ouija boards? There are likely as many different views as to if they work or not, and all of the in betweens as there are ouija boards in existence.

What she said. :P

Well, as far as I know , most of it is not. But, there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that certain aspects of the occult, like ghosts, and UFOs may have some type of validity. Personally its the pursuit that matters more to me than actually finding anything, the possibility that there are wonders out there yet to be discovered it just to stimulating to ignore.

In my experience, there is a spiritual dimension that exists in tandem with our physical dimension, and there are inhabitants of that dimension with whom we can interact. Warning: some of those inhabitants exhibit chronic deceptive behavior.

• Like 1

In my experience, there is a spiritual dimension that exists in tandem with our physical dimension, and there are inhabitants of that dimension with whom we can interact. Warning: some of those inhabitants exhibit chronic deceptive behavior.

Yes I agree... Deceptive...... Well ok.... But you have to understand that for higher dimentional beings, communicating with us is like talking to a two year old Mabey even a c*** roach. We regularly deceive children in the hopes of guarding their innocence or safety. If I knew my child was prone to running into trafic, I would take many measures including fear to stop him from doing that. spirits regularly scare people back into their bodies to guard their sanity. Sometimes you are just not ready for what you are after and they will redirect you. You cannot stand on your own two feet In the spirit world when you have the instincts of a rodent and are not in control of them.

• Confused 1

Just wondering objectively about if there really are serious people into doing it

There are.

and that it works for them.

They think it does. Whether or not it actually does is another question entirely. As of yet, I've seen no reason to think that the answer is "yes".

What I'm saying is for my very few personal experiences of seeing people playing the ouija board, it seems they were having more fun pulling my leg about it than seriously answering my question if it was real or not.

That's because ouija boards are just party tricks, and most people realize and accept this.

Just wondering objectively about if there really are serious people into doing it and that it works for them. What I'm saying is for my very few personal experiences of seeing people playing the ouija board, it seems they were having more fun pulling my leg about it than seriously answering my question if it was real or not.

The trouble with ouija boards is the same as the existence of thought. Thought is that opportunities seem to exist. Given the ouija board the opportunity seems to exist to tell someone something covertly. There will be an agressor. So really, only kids and the enlightened can use one, and neither really has a need to because they don't have questions of their own for it; they allow the future to remain an unwrapped gift so that when it become present it will unwrap itself.

What's the usual rational reply to any question consciously asked? That you are asking it because you have substituted an idea of reality for reality, a belief in God for example for God, because the belief gives you a God you can deal with, a God who hopes you will pray and do good works and all that.

The Occult is very real. Ouija Board is very real, the fact it doesnt work for everyone can mean there is intent and intelligence in the unknown beyond our human perceptions?

But I also believe the genuine stuff is rarely sold in bookstores or Amazon.com or published if at all.

When I was a kid my mother was curious and got one from a neighbor lady who put one in the trash.Mom asked if it really worked, kind of like you are. The lady told her yes and that's why she wanted rid of it. It's the devils game blah blah blah. We took it home to find out it could spell things and we were facinated. My father the analytical skeptic blind folded us and spun the board in different directions and it still worked and we all took turns being blind folded and turning it on the other person. He asked it things he knew the answer to but we didn't. Some things it said I don't know. It proved to us it worked but some days it didn't. It teaches you how to be medatative and relax and give part of your body to something else. This is not a good thing if you have no clue what you are doing. No matter what message you get it's only as good as the messager, whether its your subconscious or something else. I view it as a cell phone and you don't know who you're calling it could be a stalker or your inner fears! Sometimes a cell gets a blocked signal or else it goes in and out. It's a lower form of communication between yourself the other person and what ever vibrations are around you. Sometimes it would be a comedian sometimes a predictor sometimes an out right liar, sometimes a tattle tale, sometimes it just sits there and does nothing. We knew what it was when we started if it was bad and we stop until another day. The danger to some people is that they are welcoming something in to themselves not knowing what's out there and believe it. Others see it as a silly game which it is. I think it's condemned so much because it is the easiest form of mediumship or just a some deceitful hand pusher at group parties. It did show us that what ever it was when we were blindfolded the first day could see out side of our eyes to spell words and sentences. When it was good it spelled and talked wisely, when it was a jokester it didn't spell as well, other times it was in different languages and we had to look up french german hebrew etc to even know what it saying! Interesting experience but I never believed it even when it did "work" because if something works IT could just be getting you to trust it and that's where creepy stuff could happen. It's a pyschic toy with sharp edges if you know what I mean.

• Thanks 1

When I was a kid my mother was curious and got one from a neighbor lady who put one in the trash.Mom asked if it really worked, kind of like you are. The lady told her yes and that's why she wanted rid of it. It's the devils game blah blah blah. We took it home to find out it could spell things and we were facinated. My father the analytical skeptic blind folded us and spun the board in different directions and it still worked and we all took turns being blind folded and turning it on the other person. He asked it things he knew the answer to but we didn't. Some things it said I don't know. It proved to us it worked but some days it didn't. It teaches you how to be medatative and relax and give part of your body to something else. This is not a good thing if you have no clue what you are doing. No matter what message you get it's only as good as the messager, whether its your subconscious or something else. I view it as a cell phone and you don't know who you're calling it could be a stalker or your inner fears! Sometimes a cell gets a blocked signal or else it goes in and out. It's a lower form of communication between yourself the other person and what ever vibrations are around you. Sometimes it would be a comedian sometimes a predictor sometimes an out right liar, sometimes a tattle tale, sometimes it just sits there and does nothing. We knew what it was when we started if it was bad and we stop until another day. The danger to some people is that they are welcoming something in to themselves not knowing what's out there and believe it. Others see it as a silly game which it is. I think it's condemned so much because it is the easiest form of mediumship or just a some deceitful hand pusher at group parties. It did show us that what ever it was when we were blindfolded the first day could see out side of our eyes to spell words and sentences. When it was good it spelled and talked wisely, when it was a jokester it didn't spell as well, other times it was in different languages and we had to look up french german hebrew etc to even know what it saying! Interesting experience but I never believed it even when it did "work" because if something works IT could just be getting you to trust it and that's where creepy stuff could happen. It's a pyschic toy with sharp edges if you know what I mean.

Not enough input. Very few blindfolds are effective. As a rule you have to want to be blind for the game. One person's hearsay, if we believe the other to be an actual witness. (As soon as it starts with trash-picking and a cute noise from the neighbor I'm incredulous.) No mention of sibling rivalry or parental favoritism. And primarily: if two kids are blindfolded, how do they testify to what they picked out? Another hearsay problem.

• Sad 1

Not enough input. Very few blindfolds are effective. As a rule you have to want to be blind for the game. One person's hearsay, if we believe the other to be an actual witness. (As soon as it starts with trash-picking and a cute noise from the neighbor I'm incredulous.) No mention of sibling rivalry or parental favoritism. And primarily: if two kids are blindfolded, how do they testify to what they picked out? Another hearsay problem.

Try it your self is all I'm saying as an experiment. We used black cloth and duck tape and then it won't be heresay :)

• Confused 1

Try it your self is all I'm saying as an experiment. We used black cloth and duck tape and then it won't be heresay :)

also you have at least 4 people in the experiment not just kids

I'm somewhat enraged with bad memories when I hear skepticism about ouija boards, I got ahold of "zozo" only later did i see how much terror in similar ways so many others dealt with out of sheer curiosity as I did trying to speak to my beloved grandfather, so I more than differ on placebo and BS claims, way too surreal to ever deny or re live.

Edited by Prestige
  • Thanks 1

The Occult is very real. Ouija Board is very real, the fact it doesnt work for everyone can mean there is intent and intelligence in the unknown beyond our human perceptions?

It's a real board game, some people clearly like talking to themselves using it.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, many areas of the occult are real. Its ancient science some of which has been shown as bunk, some of which you'll know about but dont realise comes from the occult and some of which exists in the foundations of cutting edge physics (quantum mechanics).

Much still remains in the realms of far-outness as it cant be investigated or tested with modern science.

• Like 1

Yes, many areas of the occult are real. Its ancient science some of which has been shown as bunk, some of which you'll know about but dont realise comes from the occult and some of which exists in the foundations of cutting edge physics (quantum mechanics).

Much still remains in the realms of far-outness as it cant be investigated or tested with modern science.

When we hear "open your mind", the conscious, which is the chatter of thought, incorrectly assumes that the idea is that it can open, which presumably means: by adding chatter from a previously ignored thread.

Move something profound from the world into the ken of thought and it must be so severely simplified, so as not to make the masks seem flimsy, that it has nothing left of the profundity of the original.

• 7 years later...

The occult is real in a sense that people are involved in it. But all the crap like ouija boards and what not involved in the occult is all aload is ****e .

• Thanks 1