Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Occult stuff real?

TCMike

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Dat necropost.:blink:

I honestly didn't realise how old this thread was until you mentioned about a necropost. :lol: I wouldn't have seen it if Truman didn't reply 7 days ago.:P

I feel people get into this as a shortcut to try to experience something paranormal,which to them is all evil,ghoulish stuff.Most of them are  messers with this and should stick to painting their fingernails black and only coming out at night so everyone else doesn't have to look at them.Elvira(mistress of the dark) is the exception :wub:

People may also 'get into it' because they are looking for answers for 'stuff' that may be going on That they find difficult to explain. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 7:11 PM, ThereWeAreThen said:

I honestly didn't realise how old this thread was until you mentioned about a necropost. :lol: I wouldn't have seen it if Truman didn't reply 7 days ago.:P

I think it's a great topic! 

"Cults and Extreme Belief."

I've been watching on  t.v. lately...

Have you seen any of these?

I am blown away with some of the so called religious groups out there that are very BAD ! it's just unbelievable what some people do and how some people can be so manipulative to innocent people their children.

Even though I have a strong faith in God, I am not a member of a church.

I've studied countless religions but I still keep to myself and maybe now i know why...

Wow it's crazy! Especially when these sick leaders are hiding behind religion and their so called image of God only to do evil things.

Now I can see why so many people are afraid to trust a church, church leaders, religious faiths and even God Himself, its sick and very sad and very unfortunate for the people who get sucked in to never return to the one true God and thinking in the beginning of all that it was all going to be the total opposite from what it really is : (

And another thing that gets me is authorities generally dont get involved unless there are countless accounts and then it's too late and it has already spread in to other parts of the world.. I think there should b ed better protection ed actions against such organizations monitored somehow, you know like theres the CDC and NRA, FDA well I think it's time to start something like this for people seeking God.... (lol)

• Like 1

On 1/21/2012 at 9:36 PM, Bracket said:

What type of answer are you expecting on a site about the occult? :huh:

Oh, and ouija boards are a pile of crap. :tu:

Well now, my grandmother wouldn't think so... her ouija board told her when grandpa was coming home from wwii

Yeah I've summoned Lilith many times. :-P ;-) 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2012 at 2:27 AM, TCMike said:

Just wondering objectively about if there really are serious people into doing it and that it works for them. What I'm saying is for my very few personal experiences of seeing people playing the ouija board, it seems they were having more fun pulling my leg about it than seriously answering my question if it was real or not.

Yes, the occult is real and it works.

I would argue that paranormal entities arent what we think they are. Each of us is divided into two, with the part that has been separated off wanting to reunify into a whole. That other part of ourselves is responsible for all paranormal activity and puts in appearances as entities.

Mind has primacy over matter, not the other way around. So any aspect of the mind separated off from our consciousness can materialise as a material entity and can affect physical objects. The part that we keep separated we repress down into our unconscious where we keep it hidden, never to see the light of day. To get straight to the point its your dark side. All those socially unacceptable aspects of yourself which you have intentionally divided off from your current self.

It can move a Ouija board marker, it can do full poltergeist activity, telekinesis, and appear before you or other people as a spiritual entity of its choosing. If you ever see it you will panic as its pure evil. You will misunderstand what its about, it wants to be whole with your again nothing else. You might even awake in the night to find it watching you as a hat man or entity sat at the end of your bed.

On 1/22/2012 at 2:49 PM, xYlvax said:

Is real. It gets more interesting and asks for more questions to be answered the farther you dwell in it. Or you could get obsessed..

Insanity! Is what happen to the girl I knew that was hard core into that stuff.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yes, the occult is real and it works.

I would argue that paranormal entities arent what we think they are. Each of us is divided into two, with the part that has been separated off wanting to reunify into a whole. That other part of ourselves is responsible for all paranormal activity and puts in appearances as entities.

Mind has primacy over matter, not the other way around. So any aspect of the mind separated off from our consciousness can materialise as a material entity and can affect physical objects. The part that we keep separated we repress down into our unconscious where we keep it hidden, never to see the light of day. To get straight to the point its your dark side. All those socially unacceptable aspects of yourself which you have intentionally divided off from your current self.

It can move a Ouija board marker, it can do full poltergeist activity, telekinesis, and appear before you or other people as a spiritual entity of its choosing. If you ever see it you will panic as its pure evil. You will misunderstand what its about, it wants to be whole with your again nothing else. You might even awake in the night to find it watching you as a hat man or entity sat at the end of your bed.

I agree with a lot of this, but I think it happens when we're too focused on the darkness...too overcome with grief or loss or rage that it somehow spills out.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

I agree with a lot of this, but I think it happens when we're too focused on the darkness...too overcome with grief or loss or rage that it somehow spills out.

In my opinion its the urge to repress intense dark negative emotions which occur in ourselves that give cause to paranormal activity.

Edited by RabidMongoose

From Dictionary.com:

Occult: 

1) of or relating to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies.

2) beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious.

Nothing evil or bad or whatever. Just a bunch of fluffy-bunny woo. No more "real" than any other human created mythology/religion.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2012 at 1:27 PM, TCMike said:

Just wondering objectively about if there really are serious people into doing it and that it works for them. What I'm saying is for my very few personal experiences of seeing people playing the ouija board, it seems they were having more fun pulling my leg about it than seriously answering my question if it was real or not.

Ouija Boards work on something called the ideomotor phenomenon.  It isn't occult in the slightest.  As to whether the occult is real, well, opinions vary.  Much depends on one's world-view.  I am inclined to think that there is too much supernatural stuff going on for it all to be a hoax, and when you control supernatural stuff via a ritual or mental power, that's occult, right?  Now occult means "hidden", so basically stage magic is occult, and so is the world of espionage, and so are pretty much all religions, and much government, especially bureaucracy.  If you want to limit your definition to the supernatural, well, I'd say yes, it's real, in the sense that sometimes things happen that can't be rationally explained, but not very often.  You're more likely to win the lottery than encounter a genuine supernatural phenomenon.

Edited by Alchopwn

8 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

In my opinion its the urge to repress intense dark negative emotions which occur in ourselves that give cause to paranormal activity.

l just have actual real-life experience with this, but I do think it's possible it could go both ways.

It does require getting back into balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

l just have actual real-life experience with this, but I do think it's possible it could go both ways.

Yep! Eventually one will out weigh the other. 

14 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Yep, whatever we are repressing if its strong enough it causes paranormal activity.

4 minutes ago, Debra F. II said:

Yep! Eventually one will out weigh the other. 

I see what RM means, though. People could likely be repressed to the point of having these kinds of issues.

But then there are people who really do need to claw their way out of the abyss/dark night of the soul...whatever you want to call it. 

For those people, they do need to step away from the darkness. 

It's not about repressing their shadow selves so much as it is refusing to wallow in the abyss. 

• Like 2

I've known wiccans who do take spells/incantations seriously. Also from what I've read (Drawing Down the Moon-Margot Adler..not much) not all wiccans share the same beliefs.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GlitterRose said:

I see what RM means, though. People could likely be repressed to the point of having these kinds of issues.

But then there are people who really do need to claw their way out of the abyss/dark night of the soul...whatever you want to call it. 

For those people, they do need to step away from the darkness. 

It's not about repressing their shadow selves so much as it is refusing to wallow in the abyss. 

In my opinion Jungian Shadow work is more than psychology, its occult science.

Our repressed side can put in appearances, it can telekinetically move objects, it can cause poltergeist activity. Under normal circumstances our shadow just exists in our unconscious. Its when we are distressed that it comes to the surface and takes action. It is the shadow entity, the ghost, the entity causing paranormal phenomenon around us.

Telekinesis/Poltergeist activity normally happens to younger women repressing their sexual side but is not solely restricted to them. It can occur in anybody of any age. They are usually repressing their sexuality due to a repressive family culture.

In my opinion all people descend into the abyss during life (although to what extent differs). And we only climb back by our becoming whole again, by using and integrating what we are supressing. And paranormal activity arises from our repressed side seeking that re-integration.

I dont believe ghosts are the deceased or demons, I think they are our shadows calling out to be re-integrated.

59 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

In my opinion Jungian Shadow work is more than psychology, its occult science.

Our repressed side can put in appearances, it can telekinetically move objects, it can cause poltergeist activity. Under normal circumstances our shadow just exists in our unconscious. Its when we are distressed that it comes to the surface and takes action. It is the shadow entity, the ghost, the entity causing paranormal phenomenon around us.

Telekinesis/Poltergeist activity normally happens to younger women repressing their sexual side but is not solely restricted to them. It can occur in anybody of any age. They are usually repressing their sexuality due to a repressive family culture.

In my opinion all people descend into the abyss during life (although to what extent differs). And we only climb back by our becoming whole again, by using and integrating what we are supressing. And paranormal activity arises from our repressed side seeking that re-integration.

I dont believe ghosts are the deceased or demons, I think they are our shadows calling out to be re-integrated.

A novel theory, but how does poltergeist activity help integrate the "shadow" ? It would seem to me more likely to do the opposite. By placing a focus outside the person, it seems to go against placing the focus on what is within, but unacknowledged, which is presumably what the "shadow" is.

55 minutes ago, Habitat said:

A novel theory, but how does poltergeist activity help integrate the "shadow" ? It would seem to me more likely to do the opposite. By placing a focus outside the person, it seems to go against placing the focus on what is within, but unacknowledged, which is presumably what the "shadow" is.

It doesn't. 

If we realize the activity ultimately comes from us, we can deal with our issues. 

That's what brings it to heel, so to speak.

4 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

It doesn't. 

If we realize the activity ultimately comes from us, we can deal with our issues. 

That's what brings it to heel, so to speak.

Of course, but the mongoose has other ideas, and I have no idea where he got it from, or how he can think his idea makes sense

Just now, Habitat said:

Of course, but the mongoose has other ideas, and I have no idea where he got it from, or how he can think his idea makes sense

It makes sense because we're talking about balance. 

Sometimes things happen in life and people get out of balance. 

Whether it be that they're repressing negative emotions, or wallowing in them...there's an issue that needs to be dealt with. 

Once it's dealt with, the woo seems to disappear.