Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Occult stuff real?

TCMike

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I think that a lot of people tap into primitive fears. Like being afraid of the dark. So as time passed and relative safety increased. What could once been a lethal predator hiding in the dark became shadow men, ghost, even demons. We "project" our fears onto the world around us. Even though it's really a matter of perception.

If you think about it. On some level magick and occultism really comesdown to controlling, creating, eliminating, and utilizing certain aspects of self. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

If you think about it. On some level magick and occultism really comesdown to controlling, creating, eliminating, and utilizing certain aspects of self. 

Lesson 3. 

A "spirit" is the personification of nature and human nature.

I think you're stuck on the creation aspect.

I don't think you really understand where I'm coming from.

It's more like everyone carries the abyss inside themselves, and they have to be careful how much attention they pay to it, or it will spill out.

I should have put that to Habitat.

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 1

People think of angels and demons as external entities that are entirely independent and flit around looking to help or harm.

It's a bit more disturbing if good and evil reside within us, and we're responsible for what we choose to focus on.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

People think of angels and demons as external entities that are entirely independent and flit around looking to help or harm.

It's a bit more disturbing if good and evil reside within us, and we're responsible for what we choose to focus on.

Of course it's disturbing. It's casting the blame on some imaginary entity in order to either validate or escape the responsibilty of our actions. Feeding certain ideas can be great and terrifyingly horrible. 

• Like 3