Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weedinator! The new way to clear your garden

Still Waters

It could be the ultimate dream machine for gardeners – an electric gadget that kills weeds in seconds without using harmful pesticides or causing backache from bending over borders.

But this zapper comes with added shock value – the weed exterminator fires a 2,500-volt charge, the same as that used to execute prisoners in electric chairs.

The electricity penetrates the vascular systems of weeds, boiling the water in the plant cells and breaking down the cell walls.

Weeds wilt immediately in a cloud of steam like overcooked vegetables, then dry out and within days disintegrate into the soil.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meryt-tetisheri

• WoIverine

• james1951

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

A gardener's 'ultimate' or 'last' dream machine ? Aren't 2500 volts a bit too drastic? A flame thrower actually sounds safer! I admit there are days when I wouldn't mind using a flame thrower, but I doubt that even that would work.

There have been regular 'weed-burners', powered by compressed gas in a small tank, for decades, at least. One simply turns on the fuel supply, lights the nozzle and directs it at the weeds. Long handle minimizes bending over. I recall using one of these years ago.

There have been regular 'weed-burners', powered by compressed gas in a small tank, for decades, at least. One simply turns on the fuel supply, lights the nozzle and directs it at the weeds. Long handle minimizes bending over. I recall using one of these years ago.

"Weed-burners" are for those times when the weeds and I are being civil and polite; a couple of weeks into spring time, active growth of weeds & frustration, the gloves are off on both sides and I start to fantasize about a flame thrower. However, I am not yet at the 2500 volts stage.

but what about all those idiots that would use it on other people?

if you need a license to get a tazer shouldn't you need one for this?

but what about all those idiots that would use it on other people?

if you need a license to get a tazer shouldn't you need one for this?

lol, the potential hijinx are limitless

Because idiots will totally not use this tool for pranks they can film for youtube.

With that voltage it sort of IS a tazer but for plants. It looks a little like a cattle prod.

The gardener just went Rambo!!!

I wonder if you actually NEED that many volts to get the job done or if that's just abit of overkill

Volts are one thing

.. what are the ohms?

What a great multipurpose home invader prevention/protection tool. I too wonder how much current this thing carries? Iknow you can buy stun guns that carry 6 million volts fairly cheap, but really isnt it the amp/current that kill you not so much the volts?

Wooow...I remember this from way, way back in my tween years. Back then, in the futuristic show called Beyond 2000, I saw them experimenting with this for farms. They hooked it up to a farm machine and since the weeds grew taller than the crops, anything the wire touched got zapped.

It took 30 years for this to become a hand-held model?

Edited by aquatus1

Volts are one thing

.. what are the ohms?

Lmao really! I should read what I write right away instead of coming back hours later... I was trying to ask about amps... not ohms.

• 2 weeks later...

Could they not do the same thing with laser technolgy. What happens if the ground is wet? weeds , plants and the farmer become compost for next years crops?

Lmao really! I should read what I write right away instead of coming back hours later... I was trying to ask about amps... not ohms.

volts? ohms? amps? And lets not forget about wattage....