Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Solar Storm Warning of 2012

Ecto76

If this was posted already or in the wrong place, apologies in advance.

Just curious what some people think about this conspiracy regarding 2012?

http://solarstormwarning.com/

Is this what the Mayan Calendar was predicting? I'm not saying it is the end of the world. But I find it strange that the media nor the government seems to not be taking this Solar Storm seriously? The world deserves to be prepared or at least informed of such a catastrophic event. Especially if it affects our National Security. Although I guess if a big announcement was made that it would create mass mayhem and the last thing they want is chaos and riots.

If you You-Tube search CNN/Solar Storm warning, you will find the announcement there too. Thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cotton

• Hero of our time.

• Damrod

• jules99

If this was posted already or in the wrong place, apologies in advance.

Just curious what some people think about this conspiracy regarding 2012?

http://solarstormwarning.com/

Is this what the Mayan Calendar was predicting? I'm not saying it is the end of the world. But I find it strange that the media nor the government seems to not be taking this Solar Storm seriously? The world deserves to be prepared or at least informed of such a catastrophic event. Especially if it affects our National Security. Although I guess if a big announcement was made that it would create mass mayhem and the last thing they want is chaos and riots.

If you You-Tube search CNN/Solar Storm warning, you will find the announcement there too. Thoughts?

Sorry, you need to study the sun and solar weather - solar storms are regular, nothing unusual.

Sorry, you need to study the sun and solar weather - solar storms are regular, nothing unusual.

Yeah, but if you watch the Fox News video and CNN video they are expecting a much bigger Solar Storm. At least from the impression I get from watching these videos. I've read read a lot about it and know its a regular & common thing for the Sun to have Solar Storms. You've missed my point. My point is, they seem to expect a bigger storm this year. I have never seen CNN nor Fox News ever mention Solar Storms. Its up for debate not make comments at people, so thanks.

Yeah, but if you watch the Fox News video and CNN video they are expecting a much bigger Solar Storm. At least from the impression I get from watching these videos. I've read read a lot about it and know its a regular & common thing for the Sun to have Solar Storms. You've missed my point. My point is, they seem to expect a bigger storm this year. I have never seen CNN nor Fox News ever mention Solar Storms. Its up for debate not make comments at people, so thanks.

Oppono Astos is quite right when he says that solar storms are nothing unusual. They occur regularly, some small, some quite large. The thing about this year is that there will probably be more due to the 11 year solar cycle. Every 11 years the sun produces more sun spot activity than the interim years. Sun spots are known to create solar winds (storms). Most of the effects of these storms are deflected away from the Earth by it's magnetic field but if the solar storm is large enough, some of it will enter the atmosphere near to the poles causing the auroras.

If it is a particularly large flare from the sun, it can cause electrical outages such as that seen in Canada a few years ago.

Governments and Electricity companies are well aware of the dangers and research is ongoing in order to give more protection to things like electrical substations and power lines from the effects of these solar storms.

I hope this helps you to understand more :)

its already been stated by top researchers in this that no matter how much solar activity happens or the fear of being destroyed by a solar storm, fire, heat, ect no matter how big the blast, it would never retain its heat and such when in time it would hit the earth,,ever since the beginning of time, earth has been fired upon by the sun over and over again and yet humanity is still here,,the only threat from the sun we have that would destroy life is when the star dies and it expands and swallows the planets and that millions to billions of years from now,,,so i think for the time being we are safe and fine.

its already been stated by top researchers in this that no matter how much solar activity happens or the fear of being destroyed by a solar storm, fire, heat, ect no matter how big the blast, it would never retain its heat and such when in time it would hit the earth,,ever since the beginning of time, earth has been fired upon by the sun over and over again and yet humanity is still here,,the only threat from the sun we have that would destroy life is when the star dies and it expands and swallows the planets and that millions to billions of years from now,,,so i think for the time being we are safe and fine.

Solar storms are known to cause massive power outagges and satalite problems. A big enough one can sure a hell hurt us and one big enough turn us back to the bronze age. We have been hit by many solar bursts big and small however it's not the heat nore the fact it will effect us like a nuclear bomb with radiation. It's the simple fact that elctronics and power grids could be affected.

Try living with no power for 6 months and no satalite communication. No more communication, no more fuel no more food. It's an issue but as of now I don't think we are in that much trouble as was said it's an 11 yr cycle so ya the media will jump on it. It sells commercial time.

The media likes to run these same warnings every solar max. The key factor is the potential effects on mankind's increasing reliance on vulnerable technology, not any change to/from the sun itself.

11 - 14 years for one cycle of the sun, sun spots. Cycle ,cycle ,cycle - every where cycle ! Wow

And your point is? :blink:

Just remember .... When government, broadcast some kind of explanation that its all ok ... and stay calm things are being taken care of....

That's when I know I WILL find a hole to hide in...

Just remember .... When government, broadcast some kind of explanation that its all ok ... and stay calm things are being taken care of....

That's when I know I WILL find a hole to hide in...

LOL! i wish this forum had a *like* button..:D

Wouldn't even the strongest flares only effect half the worlds grids or satellites?

Losing all cell phones for a few months would be kind of cool to see though.

From what I have heard (I can't remember the source from which the information was gathered), there is supposed to be a vast increase in the amount of solar activity being exhibited by the Sun this year. Some are (supposedly) predicting that these increased storms could have severely crippling effects on technologies in our society.

These theorists claim that all power grids, satellites, etc... could be knocked out for months, or perhaps years.

Do some research on Youtube and on Google, and you will find the information you are looking for.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens! :tu:

Wouldn't even the strongest flares only effect half the worlds grids or satellites?

Losing all cell phones for a few months would be kind of cool to see though.

It wouldn't take much to drive many populations into chaos. Even just losing electricity for a week or two.

Take most large populated cities in America for example. There would probably be rioting after only a few days.

From what I have heard (I can't remember the source from which the information was gathered), there is supposed to be a vast increase in the amount of solar activity being exhibited by the Sun this year. Some are (supposedly) predicting that these increased storms could have severely crippling effects on technologies in our society.

These theorists claim that all power grids, satellites, etc... could be knocked out for months, or perhaps years.

Do some research on Youtube and on Google, and you will find the information you are looking for.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens! :tu:

You don't need wild youtube speculation videos and doomsday theorists. The USA government published a study on this a couple of years ago. I didn't bookmark the site, but there is a fed study online as to what will possibly happen if we take a direct hit from a strong to severe X-class flare and CME. Possibilities range from disrupting and shutting down satellites to power grid and sensitive ground based technology failures.

Not the end of the world, but Clyde is probably right, the chaos that would spring up would probably make it feel like the end of the world was here.

Here is a couple of handy sites I share with people interested in the topic...not doomsday, the science of our sun and surrounding asteroids. I keep them bookmarked and check them once or twice a week just to see what's new.

http://spaceweather.com/

http://www.solarham.com/

Enjoy

Edited by Damrod

Not the end of the world, but Clyde is probably right, the chaos that would spring up would probably make it feel like the end of the world was here.

Not the end of the world? Tell that to the people no longer able to use their cell phones or I-Pads.

I was freaking out! Until I found GOD! As in JESUS CHRIST.

2012 is just another year... but nonetheless another year closer to the worlds inevitable doom!

I was freaking out! Until I found GOD! As in JESUS CHRIST.

2012 is just another year... but nonetheless another year closer to the worlds inevitable doom!

err..ok..

Concerned.jpg

The sun will darken for the believers in historical jesus until they give up and accept as their saviour mythical jesus and then will know the "unconquered sun " shine to them in righteousness.