Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you seen or experienced God or Jesus?

Cassea

I keep seeing many skeptics saying that God is an imaginary friend. Or that there is no evidence or empirical evidence for God or Jesus. And I'm wondering. Without sounding like a testimony. Without getting into it too much. Would people share if they have seen or experienced God or Jesus. I will try to add a poll. I will say that. When you see Jesus day after day sitting next to you in a light. Everyone telling you that you imagined it. Get's very hard to accept. If you have seen Jesus. You will know it's not just a visual experience. It is huge. It overwhelms you. You aren't not sure. It's not like thinking you saw a Ghost. And getting spooked. It is 100 percent.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Walker

• Cassea

• JGirl

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

I keep seeing many skeptics saying that God is an imaginary friend. Or that there is no evidence or empirical evidence for God or Jesus. And I'm wondering. Without sounding like a testimony. Without getting into it too much. Would people share if they have seen or experienced God or Jesus. I will try to add a poll. I will say that. When you see Jesus day after day sitting next to you in a light. Everyone telling you that you imagined it. Get's very hard to accept. If you have seen Jesus. You will know it's not just a visual experience. It is huge. It overwhelms you. You aren't not sure. It's not like thinking you saw a Ghost. And getting spooked. It is 100 percent.

I have never seen Jesus but I have seen with spiritual eyes and experienced with my whole being the presence of the Holy Spirit. I have also been visited by Mother Mary on two occasions when I was interceding for two different people. I could see her, again, with spiritual eyes, I also saw a golden sparkly presence and something else happened when she was next to me. It was sublime. Both people were healed when she made herself present.

Keven

I was with a friend in Rome October of 2007 and we were exploring some of the many chapels around St Peter's Square. She was truly taken away into a spirit as she visited one of the smaller chapels. I walked out the door and within a few steps was standing near the tall pyramid marking Peter's place of martyrdom. It was a warm day late in October and the sky was so blue it would take your breath away. There was a timelessness in that place. The buildings and statuary so ancient and the sky so immediate and ageless. It is one of my best memories. In that single day I felt at peace and wished it could go on forever. And it will, forever in my memories.

I keep seeing many skeptics saying that God is an imaginary friend. Or that there is no evidence or empirical evidence for God or Jesus. And I'm wondering. Without sounding like a testimony. Without getting into it too much. Would people share if they have seen or experienced God or Jesus. I will try to add a poll. I will say that. Everyone telling you that yoWhen you see Jesus day after day sitting next to you in a light. u imagined it. Get's very hard to accept. If you have seen Jesus. You will know it's not just a visual experience. It is huge. It overwhelms you. You aren't not sure. It's not like thinking you saw a Ghost. And getting spooked. It is 100 percent.

In my dreams or at least what I thought God was like.

Its hard to accept that you meet a man who supposely lived 2 millennia ago, thats like saying I know what kind of person Plato was.

Being in the presence of the light is a profound experience. There is no denying it. Especially when millions of others have experienced it.

I have met Father and Mother (God) and also conversed with Bro Jesus. Been sharing about them for years. Yes quite spectacular. Not worth trying to prove though. but sometimes I like to share the miracles and experience.

(Disclaimer)- It's understandable if one does not believe.

Love :blush: mnaka

I have sensed the majesty of God the Father, and the love of Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit. This has happened countless times over the decade. Song lyrics:

In the presence of Jehovah

God Almighty, Prince of Peaces

Troubles vanish, hearts are mended

In the presence of the King.

I haven't experienced anything.

Thats OK. Keep trying, If you will.

Love Omnaka

"God" is just an english word or lable we attach to an entity with certain characteristics. Having said that, then yes, most definitely, in many forms, avatars etc., for over 40 years. You know my story. I wont repeat it again. We all attribute something when we experience the reality of god, and you can see that in the individual accounts here, but across all human experinces ther are a number of common characteristics to such an experience.

In my experience, an encouter with god has several elements to it, just like an encouter with an elephant. There is the physical encouter where you see, smell, and might touch or be touched. You can see the wrinkles in the skin and feel the breath on your face.

All this can be shared, with other peope, ether with that elephant, or who have had a smilar experience with another elephant, in another time and place,

But then there is all the internal; dialogue,understandings, thoughts, reflections, emotional responses etc. and experiece; which is individual.

In the case of god it is also as if the elephant can talk to you, send you images, knowledge etc. It is as if you can become the elephant, and see the world through its eyes, smell the earth through its nose, and feel as it feels.

ANd because god is very sapient and very knowedgeable, there is an extra dimension of power and knolwedge, including a transcendence of current time and space, one does not get from sharing ones consciousness with a elephant

At one point of my life I thought that I did. Guess what? It was all in my head. Since then I don't give a flying frak about such things.

Jesus? Yes, in a few rare and pivotal dreams. As well as other spiritual/religious figures, some that I didn't even know had names/existed until after these images motivated me to investigate and study further, subsequently finding out that these figures were significant in other religions I'd never bothered or concerned myself with before (Shiva, Heva, Sariel, and others I've yet to place a name to). Also right around the time when I began having minor prescient experiences. But despite all my logical efforts to find suitable answers or evidence for why or how, I still have to just accept it as is. Don't like that particularly, but it is what it is. Just having the connection is ... reassuring.

People experience what they want to experience... simple as that.

An interesting supposition - until you add in the simple fact of no desire, no exposure and no experience of definitive aspects of supposed "want".

Simple becomes most complex when these considerations are in place (unless, of course, we already know everything - then it's still simple).

Edited by Sevastiel

An interesting supposition - until you add in the simple fact of no desire, no exposure and no experience of definitive aspects of supposed "want".

Simple becomes most complex when these considerations are in place (unless, of course, we already know everything - then it's still simple).

Really please do give me one example where someones experience doesn't coincide with their belief system or their answer to their lack of a belief system.

Ill give you an example using a phrase I personally use "everything happens for a reason" I know this isslightly off track but it explains human nature to rationalize. You see in my life I'm a hopeless optimist I use that phrase often. I can justify its meaning as I look back to my experiences and everything does look like it happens for a reason. It just exemplifies my current life as being created from my previous choices or experiences. Those that follow the word of God say its gods plan and Hindu cultures call it kismet. Three different belief systems coming separately to the same conclusion. I am self aware enough to know I am simply being optimistic about some of the bad things that have happened in my life. I don't like the idea of telling someone no you did not see God or Jesus. That is simply not right. Especially if those moments are needed for oneself. So because of that I would just like to end this as a correction to my first statement " people see what they may need to see."

And to those that HAVE seen God or Jesus you very well might have. If so it was a gift you needed to see. I'm glad it happened to you.

Our brains have a powerful ability to create 'virtual experience' if a right kind of condition or chemical is applied. Back in highschool there were kids who sniffed industrial grade glue and guess what, they could fire laser from their fingertip during the trip. :D

If you experience laser finger you shouldn't trip in the first place. I'm just saying... that goes for the myth of leprechauns and becoming a glass of orange juice also.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Really please do give me one example where someones experience doesn't coincide with their belief system or their answer to their lack of a belief system.

There is no logical reason at all why anything which happens to a person should coincide with a belief system. Take a child. They dont have prexisting belief systems, so life is as it is to them. However the experience of life is a causal factor in them developing belief systems.

Yet when a pereon choses to live by what he/she knows, not what they believe, they disconnect experience from belief. Thats what an agnostic does. I use the classicc example of the platypus People did not believe in it and believed such an animal ws impossible. Yet it existed. Once you met one, you redefined what you knew, and belief became irrelevant. Thus expereince can also eliminate belief and disbelief, replacing it with knowledge

Ill give you an example using a phrase I personally use "everything happens for a reason" I know this isslightly off track but it explains human nature to rationalize. You see in my life I'm a hopeless optimist I use that phrase often. I can justify its meaning as I look back to my experiences and everything does look like it happens for a reason. It just exemplifies my current life as being created from my previous choices or experiences. Those that follow the word of God say its gods plan and Hindu cultures call it kismet. Three different belief systems coming separately to the same conclusion. I am self aware enough to know I am simply being optimistic about some of the bad things that have happened in my life. I don't like the idea of telling someone no you did not see God or Jesus. That is simply not right. Especially if those moments are needed for oneself. So because of that I would just like to end this as a correction to my first statement " people see what they may need to see."

Iam not sure what you are getting at here. People perceive all physical things via their language and social constructions. Both individual, and community/social world views, will influence what we call something and how we attribute parameters to it.

BUT human minds work physically in identical ways. This allows us to communicate and transfer symbolic and physical knowledge. For example we all see a tree, even if what we percieve about a tree might be influenced by world view and culture.

Thus there are many words and concepts for that observable factor we might call luck or fortune or serendipity or kismet or chance or coincidence or singularity

Thats different to having a sapient being enter your life and tell you how to survive, or have good fortune or providing you with abilities to make luck happen. For example, it is significantly different, winning the lottery through chance, to having an entity tell you the winning numbers and when to invest . And if this happens not once, not twice, but three times, then it is really something different to luck or chance or fortune.

It becomes the conscious intervention of a third party. Just as if another person had told you which numbers to pick on three occasions and you won every time. What we assume about that person would be up to us. But logic and common sense should inform us of something ..

And to those that HAVE seen God or Jesus you very well might have. If so it was a gift you needed to see. I'm glad it happened to you.

Need has nothing to do with reality. For example if you are walking, or perhaps skiing, down a slope and there is a bloody great pine tree in the road, you dont see it because you need to see it, you see it because it's there. And its presence forces you to make mental and physical recalculations and adjustments. If you say," I dont really need that bloody tree there in my path" and walk, or ski, into it, you will suffer a painful experience.

If people see a real and physical god, it probably has nothing to do with whether they need to or not. It may be as a result of gods need, or it may be placed /manifested there, to force them into physical, and mental recalculations.

Mr walker you know we have had some great conversations in the past and you may know my beliefs are not that of an agnostic though I assume you were simply using that as an example.

I don't know that I can argue with what you wrote because that is what you believe. I simply believe something different. I am trying to view it unbiased and I tried to be understanding at the end of my post.so ill just say that our perception of certain truths are ones own and effect our life in ways too personal to fully allow everyone to understand.

Its great seeing you again as its been some time.

Mr walker you know we have had some great conversations in the past and you may know my beliefs are not that of an agnostic though I assume you were simply using that as an example.

I don't know that I can argue with what you wrote because that is what you believe. I simply believe something different. I am trying to view it unbiased and I tried to be understanding at the end of my post.so ill just say that our perception of certain truths are ones own and effect our life in ways too personal to fully allow everyone to understand.

Its great seeing you again as its been some time.

No i wasnt assuming you were agnostic. To be honest I cant remember your personal world view. I was just pointing out that an agnostic makes a choice not to allow their world view to be informed by either belief or disbelief. They just admit to not knowieg and allow that some thngs are presently unknowable. Humans are inheremtly believers but it is not very hard to put aside that inherent belief and replace it with other learned perspectives.

most of wha ti wrote isnt belief based its e science based. its how humans do learn have language and think. The lastt bit was a philosophical viewpoint and is arguable. But if you had a man walk up to you and say, "God told me to tell you these numbers for the lottery", and you won 30 million dollars. Wouldnt that logically inform your perception of reality and alter it?

Suppose this happened on a regular basis. Are you saying you are so "stuck" in your present reality that you would build a belief around your circumstances, based on that prexisting view. Or that other people should do this? Shouldnt reality inform your world view, even where that reality is largely a personal one.?

Sorry didnt mean to be argumentative especailly when you have been s polite but it intrigues me why people allow belief or disbelief to shape their reality, rather than the opposite.

You tell me, I don't know.

I was stationed in the UK in the early 80's. I had been studying meditation for only a few years. I turned to this due to very strange occurrences in my youth. One day I was off from work so I stayed in my dorm room to meditate. As I relaxed and did my breathing exercises I felt very different. I felt a burning, tingling sensation starting at my feet and slowly working up my body. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Suddenly my entire body was engulfed in this sleeping limb burning feeling. I was trying very hard to sit up or roll out of my bunk but I couldn't. I had the sensation of falling forward even though I was laying down. Suddenly I found myself floating up through the ceiling and above my dorm.

I could see the sky, the clouds and though I couldn't turn to look at what was below me, I could feel it. It was a party cloudy day but I could see the stars. I found myself passing the moon and as I tried to look around I found that I didn't have to look directly at something, I just knew what it looked like but on a deeper level. I could somehow feel it, become it, whatever it was. I saw the planetary plane. I felt the sun and I could feel the forward motion even though I could not reference it.

It occurred to me that I knew everything I was experiencing. I could feel, not alone but life all around me. I could feel other life forces. Not so much their thoughts or worlds but I could feel their life. I was so happy. A joy without end. There was no end to my knowledge. Then I thought something very stupid. I asked myself. What about God? Is there a God and if there is, where is He? Am I God? Big Mistake!

Suddenly all the motion stopped. All the beautiful stars, galaxies, nebulae....everything started to condense into one tiny ball of light right in front of me. Then I started falling into it. All there was was this little point of light slowly getting bigger and bigger while surrounded by the darkest void. A total absence of light. I found myself thinking, "You died and this is that tunnel they talk about." Then I was in the light.

I couldn't see anything just this pure white light. I tried to reach out but realized I didn't have a body, I was a ball of light. I don't know how I knew this but I just knew. So now I don't know if I'm looking up, down or sideways. Then this thunderous sound invaded me, my entire whatever body I had, was in this sound. I had no thought. Then I heard it again but this time I understood it. It said, Do you still want to know? Before I could form a thought to say who is this or what are you talking about I said YES! If I had hands I would have covered my mouth immediately.

Then this sound filled me again but this time it was a harmonic sound. Like voices in song. Angels I thought? But instead of feeling happy to be here, I was sad. I had wasted so much time, said so very little to those I loved. In the meager, insignificant 20 years I had lived I had accomplished nothing worth mentioning. I saw hair. The light was so bright I couldn't tell what color it was. It flowed like there was a warm soft breeze but I felt nothing. Then I started to see the top of the forehead. And when I saw the eye brows I screamed "I don't want to know yet!"

I felt myself falling...falling forever. But I did not experience the view I had getting here, just swirling light. Then with a crunch I was back in my body and falling out of my bunk. I was soaked. It felt as if I has just had a bucket of water poured on me. I crawled to my feet totally exhausted. I made it to the showers and washed off.

I told no one for 2 weeks. Finally I went to a Chaplin for answers. Another big mistake. After he listened and we read some bible passages he asked me to meet him after services on Sunday. So I did and waiting for me in his office was my First Sergeant and a Staff Sergeant from Mental Health. My First Sergeant asked for my badge and weapons card (I was a cop) and I was escorted to Mental Health and placed on suicide watch. For the next 2 weeks I was asked if I hated my mother and if I drank grape soda, smoked cools and ever parted my hair down the middle??? So after this circus I was deemed fit for duty and returned to my unit. I never spoke to another Chaplain the rest of my active duty period.

I still don't know what I experienced. It has never happened again and I've tried. I did however become more vocal with my family. I still make mistakes but there's never a dull moment. Sometimes at night I'll lay on the hood of my car and look at the stars. I still feel a connection. I can still feel what I felt and it is good.

Edited by Sierra Seven

I was stationed in the UK in the early 80's. I had been studying meditation for only a few years. I turned to this due to very strange occurrences in my youth. One day I was off from work so I stayed in my dorm room to meditate. As I relaxed and did my breathing exercises I felt very different. I felt a burning, tingling sensation starting at my feet and slowly working up my body. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Suddenly my entire body was engulfed in this sleeping limb burning feeling. I was trying very hard to sit up or roll out of my bunk but I couldn't. I had the sensation of falling forward even though I was laying down. Suddenly I found myself floating up through the ceiling and above my dorm.

I could see the sky, the clouds and though I couldn't turn to look at what was below me, I could feel it. It was a party cloudy day but I could see the stars. I found myself passing the moon and as I tried to look around I found that I didn't have to look directly at something, I just knew what it looked like but on a deeper level. I could somehow feel it, become it, whatever it was. I saw the planetary plane. I felt the sun and I could feel the forward motion even though I could not reference it.

It occurred to me that I knew everything I was experiencing. I could feel, not alone but life all around me. I could feel other life forces. Not so much their thoughts or worlds but I could feel their life. I was so happy. A joy without end. There was no end to my knowledge. Then I thought something very stupid. I asked myself. What about God? Is there a God and if there is, where is He? Am I God? Big Mistake!

Suddenly all the motion stopped. All the beautiful stars, galaxies, nebulae....everything started to condense into one tiny ball of light right in front of me. Then I started falling into it. All there was was this little point of light slowly getting bigger and bigger while surrounded by the darkest void. A total absence of light. I found myself thinking, "You died and this is that tunnel they talk about." Then I was in the light.

I couldn't see anything just this pure white light. I tried to reach out but realized I didn't have a body, I was a ball of light. I don't know how I knew this but I just knew. So now I don't know if I'm looking up, down or sideways. Then this thunderous sound invaded me, my entire whatever body I had, was in this sound. I had no thought. Then I heard it again but this time I understood it. It said, Do you still want to know? Before I could form a thought to say who is this or what are you talking about I said YES! If I had hands I would have covered my mouth immediately.

Then this sound filled me again but this time it was a harmonic sound. Like voices in song. Angels I thought? But instead of feeling happy to be here, I was sad. I had wasted so much time, said so very little to those I loved. In the meager, insignificant 20 years I had lived I had accomplished nothing worth mentioning. I saw hair. The light was so bright I couldn't tell what color it was. It flowed light there was a warm soft breeze but I felt nothing. Then I started to see the top of the forehead. And when I saw the eye brows I screamed "I don't want to know yet!"

I felt myself falling...falling forever. But I did not experience the view I had getting here, just swirling light. Then with a crunch I was back in my body and falling out of my bunk. I was soaked. It felt as if I has just had a bucket of water poured on me. I crawled to my feet totally exhausted. I made it to the showers and washed off.

I told no one for 2 weeks. Finally I went to a Chaplin for answers. Another big mistake. After he listened and we read some bible passages he asked me to meet him after services on Sunday. So I did and waiting for me in his office was my First Sergeant and a Staff Sergeant from Mental Health. My First Sergeant asked for my badge and weapons card (I was a cop) and I was escorted to Mental Health and placed on suicide watch. For the next 2 weeks I was asked if I hated my mother and if I drank grape soda, smoked cools and ever parted my hair down the middle??? So after this circus I was deemed fit for duty and returned to my unit. I never spoke to another Chaplain the rest of my active duty period.

I still don't know what I experienced. It has never happened again and I've tried. I did however become more vocal with my family. I still make mistakes but there's never a dull moment. Sometimes at night I'll lay on the hood of my car and look at the stars. I still feel a connection. I can still feel what I felt and it is good.

You were very fortunate in your experience and very unfortunate in its aftermath. All the professional people i have spoken to have been very understanding. They acknowledge the reality of my exeriences, but admit that, while they encounter these realtively often in their professions, they have no explanation for them. On the other hand, i was assessed as particularly "sane, rational, integrated' etc and "highly functional"

I was perhaps fortunate that due to earlier childhood experiences of a similar but limited nature and range, i had learned to use/apply reality checkers quite consciously. I was able to recount contextually the application of these checkers to my experiences and their postive results. Also my experiences were, in part,the physical, external parts) witnessed and supported by other independent people.

This was a pleasing and relieving finding, given the nature and on going time frame of my connection to the force/entity you describe.

As an older and more experienced person, I no longer need reassurance or validation from anyone, including experts. I know who and what i am; and my connection to the cosmic consciousness (or god) is simply a part of that.

It empowers, enables, and facilitates me, as a human being and so has never created any conflict, only advantage.

Its also great fun, and educational; but as a teacher of adolescent humans, I never made the mistake of discussing such things with anyone not bound by confidentiality, until I was too old to care what people thought :devil: .

The entity/ being you describe here came into my body, mind and consciousness, and never left. It continues to empower and inform me every day. It exists within me and yet also provides a conduit or nexus to the, "ends of the universe"

Edited by Mr Walker

I was stationed in the UK in the early 80's. I had been studying meditation for only a few years. I turned to this due to very strange occurrences in my youth. One day I was off from work so I stayed in my dorm room to meditate. As I relaxed and did my breathing exercises I felt very different. I felt a burning, tingling sensation starting at my feet and slowly working up my body. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Suddenly my entire body was engulfed in this sleeping limb burning feeling. I was trying very hard to sit up or roll out of my bunk but I couldn't. I had the sensation of falling forward even though I was laying down. Suddenly I found myself floating up through the ceiling and above my dorm....

That is quite an experience. I'm sorry they acted so paranoid and mishandled you. I hope that doesn't discourage you from allowing the ebb and flow of the universe to speak to you.

Keven