Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Dinosaurs Extinct

Transform

I think the climate change theory is the best possible theory. I mean I think the environments gotten extremely colder & the dinosaurs couldn't cope with that & they eventually died out.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir_Oguh2

• cor_raven

• moe eubleck

• Talon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I say it was the* Aliens or a higher intelligence that took the Dinosaurs, they knew about Man and our capabilities. A universal theory: Life saving life.

Or the mosquito rules the Earth

Edited by primordial

pssh. haven't you heard? dinosaurs are just a government conspiracy aiming to to discredit the bible.

Pssst guess what I heard. Dinosaur's very existence was documented and will prove the Bible and related texts. :P

dinosaurs didnt ALL extinct. what are plesiosors that live in the loch ness and other lakes? what is the mokele mbembe? not a dinosaur?! of course they are dinosaurs

Considering that neither of your examples exist, then they really don't constitute proof.

the dinosaurs left our planet on great space craft. This was after they evolved into bipedal beings and learned the ways of sciene . They now groove in the andromeda galaxy with the Space lobsters.

haha wwwaaaaa?

it all happened in monty python. he went back in time and farted, resulting in the extinction of dino's.

:lol: monty python rules!

I've never heard of that theory before java joker. :hmm:

Could you expand/explain it a little further ?

Most of these writers don't take into account the fact that vast numbers of other creatures died out at the same time as dinosaurs, which rules out most of their theories. The Yucatan meteor seems to be the most plausible explanation. The world-wide coating of iridium at precisely the geologic level in which the dinosaurs vanish is hard to dispute.

I think Ayers Rock has something to do with dino extinction.

Collision b/w asteroid and Earth.

:huh: I can almost guarantee that Ayres rock has nothing to do with the extinction of the Dino's.

I would be looking more towards the Gulf Of Mexico as an impact site myself :yes:

Edited by indeed

The generally accepted scientific belief is that it was an asteroidal impact around 65 million years ago that killed off the dinosaurs. One of the ways they proved this is that they found the impact crater in the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, and dated some of the material (namely, Iridium) to around 65 million years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be harder for a virus to kill off the dinosaurs than it would to kill off humans because we have very easy methods of travel, and can spread the flu from continent to continent, while Dinosaurs can not. Humans are also very social creatures, and we interact with eachother more so than dinosaurs would have. If the dinosaurs were able to run 300 miles per hour, and walk 100 mph, then the virus would have been easily transfered and this theory would be plosable.

i know why they are dead, causae something...or someone.. kileld them... gosh so simple :P

ok seriously, they probably finished all the food, or sumthing.... or maybe it happned what happning to us... global warming, or something alike...

• 9 years later...

It was probably a mixture of alot of things and a meteor started it all, it hit killed lots and blocked off sunlight so plants withered surviving creatures ate the dead plants and creatures as there wasn't food around and the decomposition and bacteria got into them maybe mutated creating disease then these disease ridden creatures in search of food go further out infecting others and so on in the mean time the effects of the meteor causes harm world wide effecting earth's climate killing off more and more plant life and there could of been a huge volcanic eruption that spewed out alot of chemicals which plants werent around to filter so created a green house effect and everything went to ****, mammals back then mainly stayed underground like rabbits so had shelter and food from bugs and roots and ended up being the fittest to survive as well as bugs and bacteria.

I really don't think it was just 1 thing it was a storm of things that happened all at once, if it was just a meteor and that's it the world could of recovered eventually and a half of the dinos could of survived and adapted but things just kept on happening and they weren't built to adapt