Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elderly couple buzzed by UFO during drive

Saru

Bruce and Priscilla Wetherill were terrified when a saucer shaped object hovered inches above their car.

The Wetherills said the UFO, which was shaped like a flying saucer, was dark on top but glowed underneath and made no sound. At the last moment, it lifted up and narrowly missed the car, they said. Mr Wetherill said: “It was an amazing thing – it came so close to us that I thought it was going to crash on us.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• d e v i c e

• sinewave

• JGirl

• hilton1337

The couple said the incident happened two years ago but they wanted to come forward after a spate of recent UFO sightings in Teesdale, as reported in last week’s Teesdale Mercury.

if they was really that amazed dont you think they would of come forward sooner instead of waiting for other reports to come out and then post there's ....? that seems more strange to me

it exellent more and more people are exepting that its happening and are comming forward,it happend to me and my brother also so i know how the feel

UFO encounter of the worst kind, nothing but an anecdote. Still trying to work out how the 'saucer' hovered inches above the car when it apparently approached and flew over at speed?

Or, perhaps quite explainable as the newer so-called blue edge rotor technology that radically reduces noise. As I recall Eurocopter has been testing this some some time. The apendage mentioned could be explained as the landing gear and the glow as the landing light because the copter was following the roadway.

I must omit id never post a UFO encounter (if i had one) on here, or report it. Too many skeptics everywhere waiting to prove you wrong!

The couple said the incident happened two years ago but they wanted to come forward after a spate of recent UFO sightings in Teesdale, as reported in last week’s Teesdale Mercury.

if they was really that amazed dont you think they would of come forward sooner instead of waiting for other reports to come out and then post there's ....? that seems more strange to me

No. It's not strange at all. I for one would never come out with anything at all because I would be labeled as a madman.

I must omit id never post a UFO encounter (if i had one) on here, or report it. Too many skeptics everywhere waiting to prove you wrong!

Exactly this! Even if it is real, there is no point in trying to prove it, if I ever encounter a UFO I will keep it to myself as it's not worth the trouble trying to convince people.

Don't get me wrong i do believe in UFO's and spirits, but if or when i encounter anything first thing would be check my footage, then seek local radio stations and news to see if anyone else had reported in anything, then try and think of possible ways it can be replicated, and if I'm still stuck i seek online help within these type of forums with possible answers and to help with information about it.

At the end of the day yes its a shocking unexplained event but wouldn't you want to know if others had seen what just happened and if you thought your friends might take the p*** out of you because of it.... then are they really your friends or acquaintances,

Don't be shy with your finds its just a shame so many people go out to hoax a video

One must report there encounters no matter how much they believe they will be ridiculed . Neve worry what a septic,skeptic will commit on Its your time to shine !

I have many friends that never told of there encounters until just in the last ten or so years. many happened during the cold war years near Airforce bases,ect military bases. Most to be explained by our toys,and aircraft.

The real clue is the ones that people with highly trained observation skills have that report quite extreem sightings. These are the .01% that may never be explained. Thats good enough to not dis-count the possibilities of E.T`s

Until then "Keep Looking Up" :tu:

p.s I believe the couple may of seen just about anything !

One of these days Governments are gonna have to admit the truth.I worked for the Brit Civil Service,and almost every thing is based on a "need to know" attitude.I do not think that the general public would panic if the truth was known,but for some reason Gov'ts seem to think that people would start to run around like headless chickens.It just shows the mentality of your politicians.

I think the governments would be out of the 'need to know' since they change like the tides. Think of the millions past leaders could make just by selling their stories. Senior military and civilian intelligence agencies would be 'in the know'...yes they report to government, but they don't have to report everything. I personally think the 'need to know' serves us well; I would imagine it comes from the "careless talk cost lives" attitude, since they are others who might like to find out what we know...not just the general public. Owning up to knowledge that would put you ahead of any country on Earth opens you up to a whole host of electronic espionage/warfare and covert surveillance from foreign intelligence services belonging to both your allies and enemies.

I'm not sure what the elderly couple saw, without some form of media its just a story...but you won't get answers from the government because they don't know anything (One of the biggest debates this week was on the price of chocolate oranges - and they're bickering about that)

And would you honestly expect someone to take you seriously if all you had was a story? Sixty plus years of UFO reports and the best evidence we have are anecdotes. The lowest form of evidence to science, I might add. What value does yet another story add?

And would you honestly expect someone to take you seriously if all you had was a story? Sixty plus years of UFO reports and the best evidence we have are anecdotes. The lowest form of evidence to science, I might add. What value does yet another story add?

Exactly. And any videos/photos would be shot down as fakes, even if they were real.

Exactly. And any videos/photos would be shot down as fakes, even if they were real.

There is no shortage of alleged UFO videos and ways to fake them. The point is, given the BEST evidence, we have to rely on someone's integrity or perception. Most reasonable people are not willing to do this.

"We're both 84, Priscilla - If we don't get our 15 minutes of fame now, we never will! I was only saying to Winston Churchill the other day................."

I don't buy it.

It annoys me that someone only has to say they saw a ufo and it makes the news.

Get a life peeps Anyone can see a UFO, and we all have the freedom to say what we see ! in this world,mostly ! :rolleyes:

Too many people as seeing stuff. Must be something in the water. After all the government would NEVER lie to the people!

The only reason why governments wont admit the truth about ufo's is because then they'll have to admit they're completely powerless to do anything about it. What government would want to admit that to their people? No government. Hence the coverup and the lie.

The only reason why governments wont admit the truth about ufo's is because then they'll have to admit they're completely powerless to do anything about it. What government would want to admit that to their people? No government. Hence the coverup and the lie.

How do you know they haven't? What is the truth and would you even recognize it if you heard it?

Sort of like lost gold mine stories where the storyteller is always about to die, and burried a fortune but couldn't remember exactly where, or a partial map was left, same with ufo's, always a grainy out of focus picture. For Christs sake, doesn't anybody have a new camera? it's all bunk, bottom line, it's rubbish

Dear Posters...UFO experiences happen so quickly and are so startling. How many of us carry cameras 24/7 around our necks? My sighting was 12,000 ft at 11:20pm (approx) on the summer ski slope at Aspen, Colorado at the Music Festival. Looking for fallings stars, a light came out from the 11:00 position of the sky, hovered just a few seconds over the (then, 1969) small Aspen village, and sped off horizontally so fast it could not have been a conventional craft. It was the traditional "saucer shape" with orange revolving lights around the dome. I was only 16, but I'll never forget it. I recorded it in my diary. I don't believe in aliens. I just know it happened, and incredibly quickly. PS. One other person at the Music Festival saw it as well...when it's your turn to see one, you'll understand. I'm now 59, and it still baffles me.

How do you know they haven't? What is the truth and would you even recognize it if you heard it?

Yes; one sure way of telling if something's the truth: if a Politician says it, then it most probably isn't.

If there was only more gullible people.