Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How did you come up with your username?

Hostess

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were big and I kept trying to get some for my kids. The internet was just starting and my co-workers came up with ninjadude. It's not because I'm like 20something. It's because my kids are.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wordless Wanderer

• Paranoid Android

• Ealdwita

• Jester Harlot

The first board I ever posted on came around the same time I was reading an art book done by James Fitzpatrick (really cool knotwork and myth based art)... The book was a 'graphic novel' of the ancient Irish text the "Lebor Gabala" (Sp) The "Book of Invasions"... The central character in the book was Tuan Mac Cairill who had a line "I am Legend, I am Memory turned into Myth".. which I thought was really cool..

So I took the name 'Tuan' ... but I fat fingered it and typed Taun - never got around to correcting it...

I use the same name and logo on all boards...

Edited by Taun

This being a message board you just really never know how much of what your seeing of someone is real, hence; TransparentReality B)

Ruby is my dogs name and she was born in 2004 :)

Tried to name my profile on a forum "Chronos" years ago. It was taken.

Then I tried "Chroni". Taken.

And finally I tried "Chronii". Available.

First letter combined with a word... forms another familiar pronunciation.

I am not going to disclose anymore cuz I asked for a psychic readings afterall. ;)

Darkside?

My display name was the title of a book I was working on..I gave up on the book but I liked the name! :P

I got mine because of some **** I have run into during my experiences with the occult.

Enjoyed reading everyones.

Mine I just made up and I like it...the 931 is a number I have many dreams about.

Darkside?

More likely it would be "decide" :P

I got mine from a video of a friend that was being tazed as part of training in the AF. She kept moving around and the guys holding her arms for support said something to her and she responded, almost desperately, "I'm not resisting!" I laughed so hard when I saw it. :rofl:

More likely it would be "decide" :P

Oh yeah! Too much of Star Wars on my mind :P

Singularis: Latin:

singulāris m and f, singulāre n; third declension

alone, unique

single

singular, unusual

Oh yeah! Too much of Star Wars on my mind :P

No shame in that. Star Wars is very easy to get inside your head (I'm possibly the world's biggest Star Wars geek, haha).

No shame in that. Star Wars is very easy to get inside your head (I'm possibly the world's biggest Star Wars geek, haha).

Ditto :D

I got mine from a video of a friend that was being tazed as part of training in the AF. She kept moving around and the guys holding her arms for support said something to her and she responded, almost desperately, "I'm not resisting!" I laughed so hard when I saw it. :rofl:

:rofl::lol: :lol: Too funny.

Mine is pretty easy. I love zombies and to kill a zombie you need to aim for the head. :tu:

:rofl::lol: :lol: Too funny.

Mine is pretty easy. I love zombies and to kill a zombie you need to aim for the head. :tu:

I like your style. ^_^ And zombies. :wub:

I like your style. ^_^ And zombies. :wub:

:gun: I like meeting people who like zombies as much as I do. :wub:

My original user name was from an old D&D character I have from 30 years ago.

After being stalked by some crazed loons, I changed my name to Travelling Man for the following reasons:

1. I am a Freemason, who are sometimes known as "Travelers" or "Traveling Men".

2. It was something easy to remember for me.

3. I spelled it with a traditional British spelling - the "LL" vice a single "L" of us Yanks.

Hmm, good question I guess it was just a reflection of how I felt as a youth. Never really into the stuff others were, there for a bit of a misfit and a lurker.

You're all of course familiar with the mysterious Majestic 12 from the days of Roswell. Well, there happened to be a survivor of that famous incident that joined the team to assist in the cover up and to consult the United States government in the advancement of technology. Having no way to return home, I resigned my fate to become the13thMajestic, whether I liked it or not.

I used to be Mistress of Shades, but I changed it to shadows after KnightofShadows gave me the idea.

I came up with the Mistress of Shades part because I have often had dreams about weird, strange and shadowy creatures.

Nemo - Latin for 'No one'

Myesterio - Spanish for Mystery.

Myesterious Nobody is the idea.

Alternatively I'm a Fish an a WWE wrestler combined.

Darkside?

Nope - more geographical. My guess is the man hails from Deeside, Chester, UK!