Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP in Indiana

katy47201

Q&A

I touched you - says it after it touches my mom

f u it's not the camera - at then end after I lift my head up

and I have a few others posted there on my channel...check them out and let me know what you think...sometimes other people can hear more or less than I do...

I've been experiencing some paranormal activity since November...shortly after the death of a close friend...which led to my first evp recording...I turned on my webcam and went to bed...it's 3 hours long and somewhat creepy...growling...get out now...some cussing...anyone interested in listening to it I know I can send it via skype...just let me know...have had some other strange things take place...weird smells...vacuum cleaner turn on...tv's on/off and volume up/down...and an iron man push button activated toy went crazy one night and was making breathing noises and growling...I contacted a priest at a catholic church...no luck there...got a prayer cloth from another denomination...sage cleansed and blessed my home...have made contact with a few paranormal teams in the surrounding area to no avail...all backed up...so any suggestions?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• katy47201

• Sakari

• Fluffybunny

• ColoradoParanormal

ok, not to be rude but... In the first video within the first 30 seconds you tell someone to go into another room and turn on the TV. The second video is mostly just filming you while other people are talking off camera. The last video a cell phone is held up to the camera for the most part making who knows what kind of playback.

In general, all of it is so polluted by noise, EVP action is IMO right out of the question.

ok, not to be rude but... In the first video within the first 30 seconds you tell someone to go into another room and turn on the TV. The second video is mostly just filming you while other people are talking off camera. The last video a cell phone is held up to the camera for the most part making who knows what kind of playback.

In general, all of it is so polluted by noise, EVP action is IMO right out of the question.

Did you listen to the full clips?...

In the first video...before even being asked...I could hear..."I am half alive"...in a somewhat creepy voice...later when asked what year it is...something replies I dunno...when asked how many others...2...names I could make Jack and the other is inaudible...I asked again how many there were...2

In the second video...me and my mother are in my bedroom...something touches her...and you can hear something say in a male voice...I touched you

In the last video...the phone had just white noise recorded...I've found that using something to keep the mic going - since it's noise activated...keeps the evp from being cut off...the evp came after the phone was removed...and plain as day....

I have others on the youtube page...check them out...maybe we could do a live skype/yahoo chat...and I record it...and after we talk...I could send it over for a listen...the voices are only on playback...if you are interested in doing so...let me know and we can set it up...then you would get instant video...and we can do it with the tv off...and you can tell me what you hear before I listen to it...

It would be great if you could give timelines, or shorten the videos in order to isolate the specific sounds you would like us to be listening for, videos that are many minutes long are too much to sit through to try and find faint noises.

Thank you.

The latest evp's collected...check it out let me know what you hear...

Again, with audios as long as these, timelines are going to be needed in order to help out. Having 45 minutes or so of video uploaded is asking a lot of people to go through and listen for possible evp's.

It would be great if you could give timelines, or shorten the videos in order to isolate the specific sounds you would like us to be listening for, videos that are many minutes long are too much to sit through to try and find faint noises.

Thank you.

would be at time 0:07 sounds like katy get them out of here 1:25 sounds like it says this is how - repeating something it heard on tv in a deep male voice 2:11 sounds like get out 2:19 sounds like an evil laugh 2:49 sounds like get out 5:12 sounds like samantha I need to **** you and another voice get out (samantha is the girl in the beanie she goes by kayla it calls her by her first name)6:40 do you hear me get out 7:11 sounds like rest room in a male voice 7:14 sounds like kill 7:19 sounds like can I take you out 7:56 sounds like bullsh*t 8:07 sounds like katy get them out of here

that was just a quick listen...so I might have missed a few...those are some of the ones I heard tho...

would be at time 0:07 sounds like katy get them out of here 1:25 sounds like it says this is how - repeating something it heard on tv in a deep male voice 2:11 sounds like get out 2:19 sounds like an evil laugh 2:49 sounds like get out 5:12 sounds like samantha I need to **** you and another voice get out (samantha is the girl in the beanie she goes by kayla it calls her by her first name)6:40 do you hear me get out 7:11 sounds like rest room in a male voice 7:14 sounds like kill 7:19 sounds like can I take you out 7:56 sounds like bullsh*t 8:07 sounds like katy get them out of here

that was just a quick listen...so I might have missed a few...those are some of the ones I heard tho...

4:58 samantha I need you to **** me which is repeated again at the other time noted

Edited by katy47201

Again, with audios as long as these, timelines are going to be needed in order to help out. Having 45 minutes or so of video uploaded is asking a lot of people to go through and listen for possible evp's.

1:51 sounds like hi katy

1:58 sounds like that's pretty - right after my friend says that's freaky

2:11 sounds like coming at/after you

2:26 sounds like did you have to believe it - after a noise like sharpening a knife or scratching something along metal

2:33 - 2:37 same sharp sound

2:55 - 2:58 something being said couldn't make it out - possibly - it helps if we talk out loud to katy

3:32 sounds like take him back or they getting back together

4:00 sounds like knock out

4:08 sounds like two katy

4:12 sounds like watching you

I'll work on some more of them in a bit...they kinda creep me out...

Here's the deal. EVP's, especially ones such as this, are highly likely to be nothing more than audio pareidolia. After reviewing the way you went about investigating and how you received these "EVP's" I'm saying this is likely the case also, I'm hoping you were just goofing around and not really doing an investigation. And if this is the case, the information received is null automatically.

Please, be more methodical and scientific with your processes and investigations. Also, when sharing a potential EVP, don't tell people what they're going to hear. You're automatically destroying your test group. By telling people. Sound File A sounds like "yada yada" people will automatically be hearing "Yada Yada." Suggestion is a powerful tool. Post your findings with "Here's a sound file, please Message me privately with what you think it's saying." That way people are not diluting your test group.

Here's the deal. EVP's, especially ones such as this, are highly likely to be nothing more than audio pareidolia. After reviewing the way you went about investigating and how you received these "EVP's" I'm saying this is likely the case also, I'm hoping you were just goofing around and not really doing an investigation. And if this is the case, the information received is null automatically.

Please, be more methodical and scientific with your processes and investigations. Also, when sharing a potential EVP, don't tell people what they're going to hear. You're automatically destroying your test group. By telling people. Sound File A sounds like "yada yada" people will automatically be hearing "Yada Yada." Suggestion is a powerful tool. Post your findings with "Here's a sound file, please Message me privately with what you think it's saying." That way people are not diluting your test group.

Study up on the bold :)

Colorado, awesome reply, I agree 100% :yes::tu::nw:

TV has made people even more guillible, and ignorant.....People want to " hear " ghosts, and " see " ghosts so bad they will find voices, bumps, visual contacts, etc. in everything they do.

I really think you want this so bad, you will find something in anything.

For the record, I hear giggling girls, and no spirits talking at all......Really study on audio recording, and how different microphones can effect quality.And especially background noise.

TV has made people even more guillible, and ignorant.....People want to " hear " ghosts, and " see " ghosts so bad they will find voices, bumps, visual contacts, etc. in everything they do.

For the record, I hear giggling girls, and no spirits talking at all......Really study on audio recording, and how different microphones can effect quality.And especially background noise.

lol Of course Sakari. Knew everyone was wanting to say it. To the OP, listen to what everyone is saying here and don't take this as a slap in the face. We're just here to help and educate.

lol Of course Sakari. Knew everyone was wanting to say it. To the OP, listen to what everyone is saying here and don't take this as a slap in the face. We're just here to help and educate.

I am just getting old.....Tell it like it is I guess.

You know how older folk just lose that tact of " blowing smoke ", or " ***** footing around "......Maybe even " sugar coating "....

I mean no disrespect, or as a slap in the face.I am just to honest I guess :)

To the OP....Please read up on sound pareidolia....

Also, spend some time researching the psychological side of the " paranormal ".

In all honesty, I used to believe in Bigfoot, thought Crop Circles were made from aliens, and even believed the first season of Ghost Hunters was authentic.( the bigfoot and crop circles fantasy went away a very long time ago ).......After I started researching beyond TV and paranormal sites, I learned a lot, and now see things with a more educated mind.

Here's the deal...I know what I hear...maybe you can't hear the sounds - maybe I have better hearing than you - others have heard them without needing a timeline...someone else asked for that...that's why I posted that...I have several evp's on youtube...from other times...and it wasn't goofing around...it was proving a point to one of the friend's present...anytime anything with recording capabilities is recording they talk...and the evp's are not the only phenomena...other things have happened...thank you for your opinion and the warm welcome!...

I didn't ask for this...and I sure didn't want cussing on my christmas video...with three small children present...none of which would have been using the f word or calling anyone a b...I wouldn't wish this kinda thing on anyone...it frightens my children...which concerns me...others believe it after they witness it firsthand...cuz it seems too crazy to be true...which is common of any skeptic...to doubt it cuz they don't believe in it...maybe someone who is an avid evp listener/researcher will stumble upon my post...their are more opinions out there...thank you for yours...next!...

I didn't ask for this...and I sure didn't want cussing on my christmas video...with three small children present...none of which would have been using the f word or calling anyone a b...I wouldn't wish this kinda thing on anyone...it frightens my children...which concerns me...others believe it after they witness it firsthand...cuz it seems too crazy to be true...which is common of any skeptic...to doubt it cuz they don't believe in it...maybe someone who is an avid evp listener/researcher will stumble upon my post...their are more opinions out there...thank you for yours...next!...

It is not because I do not believe in it.....I told you I used to until I educated myself.......You are not willing to take ionto consideration anything except a paranormal answer, when EVPs, or anything paranormal for that matter has ever been even close to have been proven.....Yet, other answers have been proven.....

Here, a kind gesture....try this : http://www.spinvesti...EVP_Project.pdf

contact him.....I can help with that if you would like, even if I am a skeptic :)

edit to add : you said it frightens your children?.....I would bet the farm you are the one whom pointed it out to them.I am sure they would never had heard a thing without someone saying " hey, did you hear that"........Are they also educated by shows such as Ghost Adventures and such?

I can't buy into the " my kids are scared to death " stuff......Every time, the scary stories, and opinions of adults are what feed these scared kids...Without the adults feeding this crap to them, they would be just fine.

Anyway, that link may help you, and as said, I can help you make contact with him....

And coloradoparanormal is a investigator also.....He is a avid evp listener/researcher, and he did stumble upon your post and replied.

Edited by Sakari

Pareidolia ( /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- – "beside", "with", or "alongside"—meaning, in this context, something faulty or wrong (as in paraphasia, disordered speech) and eidōlon – "image"; the diminutive of eidos – "image", "form", "shape". Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.

My recordings were not playing in reverse...

Pareidolia ( /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- – "beside", "with", or "alongside"—meaning, in this context, something faulty or wrong (as in paraphasia, disordered speech) and eidōlon – "image"; the diminutive of eidos – "image", "form", "shape". Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.

My recordings were not playing in reverse...

It doesn't have to be in reverse but there are great examples from back in the late 80's and 90's of rock music being played backwards and words, or messages being able to be heard.

The same thing can happen with audio recordings, where people assume to hear words or phrased is the white noise of a recording.

I have not been through all of your recordings yet, but from what I have heard, I am not getting the same answers as you are. I don't hear the same details you are getting. I could try to cut them down, and apply filters to see if it becomes more clear, but I don't think it would help with the stuff I have dealt with so far.

Thread cleaned

Lets keep this topic civil please.

Apologies, Katy, for any offense caused.

It doesn't have to be in reverse but there are great examples from back in the late 80's and 90's of rock music being played backwards and words, or messages being able to be heard.

I lived in Sparks, Nevada.....This above all ways brings back memories of the Judas Priest trial where a kid first shot himself ( and survived ) in the face with a shotgun, than later killed himself for good.The parents blamed Judas Priest saying their albums had " subliminal " messages on them, and the outcome is identical to what fluffybunny is pointing out :

Sparks, Nevada - After James Vance demolished his face with a sawed-off shotgun at a church playground, he rode his bicycle around town shocking people with his grotesque disfigurement.

Plastic surgeons had been able to restore his ability to eat and breathe, but were not able to restore his smooth, youthful face.

James' physical deformity stunned the town, but not as much as the message he later delivered: Heavy metal music drove him and his closest friend to strike a suicide pact, one that only James survived.

"I believe that alcohol and heavy metal music, such as Judas Priest, led us or even 'mesmerized' us into believing that the answer to 'life was death,'" James wrote to his best friend's mother in 1986, quoting some of the album's lyrics.............

Source : http://www.reversespeech.com/judas.htm

• 2 weeks later...

it's a good idea not to tell anyone what it says. because if you say "it says this" than people will hear what you said rather than what might actually be being said.

there was a small experiment done this way that proved it. when posting an evp it's more credible to just post the evp and let people decide what they hear. it might be what you hear but if more than one person hears the same thing and all say it says the same thing than that is more than likely what it actually says.

where in indiana did you get these? was it just your house or a friends house or something? i was in bedford for a week in october and hoping to go back again this year sometime.

I'm always willing to come in and listen open minded. I listend and heard some of what you told me I would hear. I do agree it would have been alot better to try to figure it out without knowing in advance what I was listening for.

When I hear scared children are involved I get concerned. My advice to you is to nip this in the bud. I would recommend going to a local univeristy and ask there science department if any students would like to take part in an experiement. Tell them you have been experiencing odd and random auditory phenomena and would like an outside source to see if then can record the same sounds. (Don't tell them it is EVPs this will make them skeptical.)

Once they are able to capture the haunting sounds on their equipment and confirm the spirits, you will be world famous and the first person to unequivocally prove the existence of paranormal entities. You will be able to move and the house will likely be a hotbed for scientific research teams.