Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon behind the sofa: Scary face goes viral

Still Waters

It could just be a trick of the light. But the terrifying face in this picture could be something more sinister.

At first glance, there is nothing untoward and the image has divided the internet between the people who can see it, and those who cannot.

Once it is pointed out, however, it is difficult to take your eyes away from the face that suddenly becomes clear.

The origins of the picture are unclear, but it's possible that it was actually created by someone hiding behind the cushion while being photographed.

Or it could be something that somebody has been created using Photoshop.

arrow3.gifRead more...

wow i defineatly jumped alittle when i saw this. how about the black girl in the picture in the article. i jumped on that on too.

OMG.,. that sofa things gunna have me checking behind my lounge for weeks now! dontgetit.gif

photoshop

I don't think anyone with a bit of knowledge of imaging and the concept of provenance, is all that divided..

Let's see..:

- terrifyingly awful quality (suggesting multiple saves at high compression and unwarranted and destructive adjustments of contrast/saturation/etc)

- the originals aren't available

- nobody admits to taking the image

Well worth investigating. {/sarcasm}

Mentally subtracts another 10 points off the Daily Mail..

I don't think anyone with a bit of knowledge of imaging and the concept of provenance, is all that divided..

Let's see..:

- terrifyingly awful quality (suggesting multiple saves at high compression and unwarranted and destructive adjustments of contrast/saturation/etc)

- the originals aren't available

- nobody admits to taking the image

Well worth investigating. {/sarcasm}

Mentally subtracts another 10 points off the Daily Mail..

Spot on :tu:

How do these stories make it to the national press?

When I first saw the image, I nearly jumped out of my skin. I don't know whether it was photoshopped or a very clever mask or something, but whatever it is, it's very creepy. :yes:

Edited by Robert1

The person that made this photo is just having some fun !!! It is obviously not real... it doesn't look any where NEAR real !!!!!!! but it's funny !!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :w00t:

When I saw this on Facebook it was presented as one of those puzzles where you have to find the face hidden in the picture. There was no suggestion that it might be a real demon!

I thought it was going to be a funny trick of light or something not a photoshop image.

Must be a slow news day to be putting out pics that are obviously photoshopped. Pop culture news is great, lol.

At first i couldnt see it, then all of a sudden i did! Wow, made me jump, freaked me out. Took me a good few minutes before i looked at it again and thought why would a Demon etc hide behind a cushion? Then, i relised...... FAKE!

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like David Bowie.

As to the one with the black girl, how's that even scary?