Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre UFO Photographed from plane

bouncer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scowl

• Englishgent

• quillius

Its strange that that is the only object that is blurry. Also the blur on the object does not look like the kind of blur you would see on a moving object.

Just doesnt look like and object moving at any kind of real speed. Like below.

PHOTO_6248161_16878_7799031_ap_320X240.jpg

i must be missing something here....how does he take a picture of underneath the plane with an iphone?

(I assume thats the underneath of plane?)

Its strange that that is the only object that is blurry. Also the blur on the object does not look like the kind of blur you would see on a moving object.

Just doesnt look like and object moving at any kind of real speed. Like below.

PHOTO_6248161_16878_7799031_ap_320X240.jpg

yeah i noticed that too, also there's a transparent box that is around the image.

Doesn't provide enough clarity to show much of anything. Could it be a bird?

It looks like a piece of chewing gum streaked. On the window. To me. The camera is focused on the outside. So the gum being closer is blurry.

The plane is an amphibean (flying boat) with high wing, That would be the view from the cockpit, looking underneath the wing.

Strange how everything else is in focus other than the alleged UFO though.

edit. What Erix mentions as a transparent box bothered me so I looked again. I think whoever faked this photo did it by having the alleged UFO printed onto a piece of transparent plastic sheet, then stuck the plastic sheet onto the aircraft window. This would explain what Erix sees as a transparent box around the alleged UFO and would also explain why it is not in focus. It is quite plain as you can also see a slight difference in the colour of the sky due to the plastic film or sheet.

Solved :)

Edited by Englishgent

i must be missing something here....how does he take a picture of underneath the plane with an iphone?

(I assume thats the underneath of plane?)

It is a small high winged aircraft. Think of something similar to this:

100_4999.jpg

The plane is an amphibean (flying boat) with high wing, That would be the view from the cockpit, looking underneath the wing.Strange how everything else is in focus other than the alleged UFO though.

It is a small high winged aircraft. Think of something similar to this

thank you both :blush: I will now go and continue to sit in the corner...quietly :)

Hi Fluffy and Quillius. I was editing my post when you were putting your posts up, Check my edit and let me know what you think :)

thank you both :blush: I will now go and continue to sit in the corner...quietly :)

Not so fast Quillius...the pilot said...

" Only the luck of the camera could tell me that it was some sort of object of quite some size, as our wing is nearly 50 long and that float out there (40 ft away) is 10 ft long. I estimate that it is about the same size as our plane or longer, that would make it approximately 70-80 ft long. "

...doesn't sound like the little plane in Fluffybunny's picture?

Cheers.

The plane is an amphibean (flying boat) with high wing, That would be the view from the cockpit, looking underneath the wing.

Strange how everything else is in focus other than the alleged UFO though.

edit. What Erix mentions as a transparent box bothered me so I looked again. I think whoever faked this photo did it by having the alleged UFO printed onto a piece of transparent plastic sheet, then stuck the plastic sheet onto the aircraft window. This would explain what Erix sees as a transparent box around the alleged UFO and would also explain why it is not in focus. It is quite plain as you can also see a slight difference in the colour of the sky due to the plastic film or sheet.

Solved :)

Yep!...I can see that now Englishgent!

Well done buddy. :tu:

Cheers.

Not so fast Quillius...the pilot said...

" Only the luck of the camera could tell me that it was some sort of object of quite some size, as our wing is nearly 50 long and that float out there (40 ft away) is 10 ft long. I estimate that it is about the same size as our plane or longer, that would make it approximately 70-80 ft long. "

...doesn't sound like the little plane in Fluffybunny's picture?

Cheers.

There are high wing planes of all sizes, I posted that picture for the fact that it demonstrates how a photo could be taken and show the underside of the wing; I was not claiming that the photo WAS the plane in question, just that the wing configuration is similar. There are very large high wing planes that carry dozens of people...

stock-photo-berlin-june-high-wing-twin-turboprop-transport-aircraft-casa-cn-at-ila-berlin-air-show-55628464.jpg

Edited by Fluffybunny
added photo

Thanks 1963...good to see you pal.

Anyhow I see what you are saying Englishgent....one thing that would assist in confirming you are correct would be to see the other 2 pictures also...not that I doubt your explanation :)

Edited by quillius

Its strange that that is the only object that is blurry.

Especially with a shutter speed of 1/1774 sec!!!!

(I checked the file data using Adobe)

To try and give benefit of doubt the rectangular shadow could be a reflection from the opposite cabin window - there is a another misshapen shadow to its left and under the wing - but it looks mighty suspicious and 'wrong'.

I can't help feeling that we should be seeing the reflection of the photographer in the glass?

Looks like Anakin's or Sebulba's podracer. But it would be flying from the other direction as the plane. Episode I is coming out in 3-D next week. Hmmm.

image037.jpg

episode_1_podracer_race.jpg

Edited by Mattacaster

The blurriness is a concern. It was a high shutter speed and the depth of focus is from the near wing down to the Three Sisters so if the object is just outside the plane it should be in focus.

There is clearly no motion blur in any direction from the object.

It does look like junk on the window. It have been so small that the photographer didn't even see it.

I can't help feeling that we should be seeing the reflection of the photographer in the glass?

The iPhone was probably pressed right up against the window.

The GPS data matches the location, in case anyone hasn't checked that yet. :tu:

For once, just for ONE TIME, I would like to see one of these pictures CLEARLY!! Is that just to much to ask? I can't believe that everything else in this picture is crystal clear except the UFO. Maybe they are made that way, blurry. I would just like for one time to see one clearly. It is 2012, you would think with all the incredible technology we have someone could take ONE clear picture of a UFO..... <_<

Rocketgirl B)

For once, just for ONE TIME, I would like to see one of these pictures CLEARLY!! Is that just to much to ask?

The post says he has three pictures of it passing their plane at an incredible speed. Oddly I've only found the one picture and iPhones aren't known for their high frame rates.

If it's going super duper fast, it could be creating a cloud of condensation around it although this should make the front of the "object" more blurry than the back.

Or it could just be an excuse the guy made up after he took a picture through a window that had some crap on it. :rolleyes:

It looks like a bug hit the window and the air stream smeared its red guts across it.

The post says he has three pictures of it passing their plane at an incredible speed. Oddly I've only found the one picture and iPhones aren't known for their high frame rates.

If it's going super duper fast, it could be creating a cloud of condensation around it although this should make the front of the "object" more blurry than the back.

Or it could just be an excuse the guy made up after he took a picture through a window that had some crap on it. :rolleyes:

It looks like a bug hit the window and the air stream smeared its red guts across it.

Red guts, yes, that does make sense. It does kinda look like a yucky mark. :unsure:

Thanks 1963...good to see you pal.

Anyhow I see what you are saying Englishgent....one thing that would assist in confirming you are correct would be to see the other 2 pictures also...not that I doubt your explanation :)

Hi Quillius!...it's good to see you too my pal. :tu:

Of course you are right to reserve judgement until you have digested all available evidence. And yes , you are right!...I did rather jump onto Englishgent's explanation!(bad habit of mine. :rofl:)...but it does still seem likely to me buddy.

I traced the original NUFORC report....

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/086/S86794.html

and managed to get the second photograph of the three...

http://www.nuforc.org/S86794_b.jpg

..but for some reason, they haven't released the third..?...wonder why?

Cheers.