Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

double satellite

oberon

Hi, quick question is it normal to see two satellite's moving very fast one after another about two-three seconds apart but going in the same direction. They were going roughly north to south and quite bright. I meant to say they were on the same line of travel.

Edited by oberon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oberon

• ChrLzs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 'normal', as in they aren't commonly seen.. but yes they certainly exist, so consider yourself lucky. I've only seen a triplet twice and a double once, and I spend a lot of time out there lookin..

NOSS satellite doublets and triplets

My pleasure!

Forgot to mention one other possibility, that sadly doesn't currently apply.. I was also 'lucky' enough to watch the Shuttle chasing the ISS a few years back, after reading a local news article that it would be visible over my area - that was really cool to see, one bright spot (the ISS) and the Shuttle slightly dimmer following it. I may have imagined it, but I think I could even tell that it was gaining on it in the short period (only about 40 seconds or so, iirc) that it was visible.

Gave me a strange feeling of awe looking up and thinking about the astronauts on board those 2 craft, so far up. Similar feeling to that back in July 1969 as I looked up at the Moon, knowing that 2 people were standing on it - that was what they now call a 'head rush', I can tell you... :D