Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woolly Mammoth spotted in Siberia

MysteryMike

I just found this video, which claims to be a live Woolly Mammoth crossing the river.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4116326/Woolly-mammoth-spotted-in-Siberia.html

What do you think? Real or not? Looks like a Bear with a fish by the head in it's jaws to me.

Edited by MysteryMike

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hucksterfoot

• Sakari

• Legaia

• chainsawcam

Erm, it looks a little bit on the small side. I know it's shot from a distance but still... Also, why would the 'trunk' such a different colour from the body? I love how, with all the technology available these days, not one video of this kind of thing is anything like a decent quality :w00t: .

I'm hoping that Mr.EVERYTHINGISAHYRAX doesnt discover this thread just yet :\

And I have to agree with you. The head doesnt look right, I mean, wheres the trunk? If it is a mammoth, then the face should be more verticle, rather than snouted.

I sure as heck can't tell what it is, but is is on the smallish size for a mammoth.

It could be a juvenile, but then where's its herd? I can see an overall shape of a "brown elephant-looking thing", yet something doesn't seem quite right about it.

Edited by Verneph

Looks fake to me, as the supposed mammoth looks alot more blurry than anything infront or behind it. Besides, who would not try to get a better picture of a LIVING mammoth that you see out in a stream? I'd move so close so it would actually notice me then I'd start filming. :rolleyes: Imagine the fame for having a clear, genuine video recording of a living mammoth, you'd be famous.

It's like claiming to have bigfoot's in your backyard regulary, but you never bother taking a picture of them, or try to get any evidence.

Looks a little too small. And why oh why is the video proof in every case blurry????

It's like claiming to have bigfoot's in your backyard regulary, but you never bother taking a picture of them, or try to get any evidence.

But you've totally seen him back there. Totally. And everyone should believe you, because it is totally true and all. :lol:

Looks like a Bear with a fish by the head in it's jaws to me.

That's what it looks like to me too.

That's what it looks like to me too.

That's what it most likely is. I agree with you Still Waters.

Edited by MysteryMike

I'm hoping that Mr.EVERYTHINGISAHYRAX doesnt discover this thread just yet :\

And I have to agree with you. The head doesnt look right, I mean, wheres the trunk? If it is a mammoth, then the face should be more verticle, rather than snouted.

Nah....he'll be out looking for his WereMammoth...normal Mammoths are sooooo last season...:wacko:

I just found this video, which claims to be a live Woolly Mammoth crossing the river.

http://www.thesun.co...in-Siberia.html

What do you think? Real or not? Looks like a Bear with a fish by the head in it's jaws to me.

It is a Bear with a Salmon.........Here is a clear shot of a Bear in Russia doing the same....

I sure as heck can't tell what it is, but is is on the smallish size for a mammoth.

Well, let's suggest a simple explanation for why it doesn't look like the Wooly mammoth's of picture books : Perhaps, like everything else, in the few thousand years since the last one was seen it changed due to evolution?

Or an even simpler explanation - it's a misidentified animal.

Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia.

Really? they got a sample of it's hair? It's a bear. With a fish. Best guess.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/overnight-am-bigfoot3/

We introduced the story of “Mr. Mike”, who claims that he is experiencing repeated Bigfoot sightings in the backyard of his home, on July 3, 2010 when “Mr. Mike” joined the program and we found ourselves inadvertently making history.

I wonder if it could be cg...there doesnt seem to be any water splashing up against the "mammoth". It just looks like it is walking slowly, not struggling to get across. The movement doesn't look right to me.

I wonder if it could be cg...there doesnt seem to be any water splashing up against the "mammoth". It just looks like it is walking slowly, not struggling to get across. The movement doesn't look right to me.

Probably bad cg covered up with blurry. The one front leg is doing something funky.

I guess it's not alone.

WoolyBear.jpg

Edited by hucksterfoot

:rofl: Only in the Sun...

I mean these guys think our Prime Minister is good! :wacko:

It looks like a bear with a fish. The "trunk" moved a little in the video.

It is a Bear with a Salmon.........Here is a clear shot of a Bear in Russia doing the same....

I know. That's why I said that.

I'm going to vote with the bear crowd too. It does appear like a small mammoth in a few frames, but if you go frame by frame you can probably find one that looks like a boar, and other that looks like an ape, and so on. Overall it looks like a bear.

As usual the most telling thing to me, is that why didn't the guy rush it when it came out of the river? The bank it was heading for is pretty steep, so it would have been slow to pop up into the woods. At the least there would be evidence of elephant-like tracks.

http://www.thesun.co...in-Siberia.html

Bear with a Salmon.

Looks like a Bear with a fish by the head in it's jaws to me.

For sure. That's exactly what it is.

I'm going to vote with the bear crowd too. It does appear like a small mammoth in a few frames, but if you go frame by frame you can probably find one that looks like a boar, and other that looks like an ape, and so on. Overall it looks like a bear.

As usual the most telling thing to me, is that why didn't the guy rush it when it came out of the river? The bank it was heading for is pretty steep, so it would have been slow to pop up into the woods. At the least there would be evidence of elephant-like tracks.

Great point. Where are the tracks?