Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woolly Mammoth spotted in Siberia

MysteryMike

I agree. Bear. The trunk looks weird to me.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hucksterfoot

• Sakari

• Legaia

• chainsawcam

On the zoomin, the trunk looks somewhat detached, much like a bear with a fish in its jaws. However, usually the best way to debunk things like these is look at the source, The Sun.

If it were an mammoth, it sure doesn't move like one either.

I just found this video, which claims to be a live Woolly Mammoth crossing the river.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4116326/Woolly-mammoth-spotted-in-Siberia.html

What do you think? Real or not? Looks like a Bear with a fish by the head in it's jaws to me.

its from the sun

that is all

Once again with videos like this, if I was filming what I thought was a mammoth i would film it for a lot longer than that. Where is the footage of it exiting the river? Seems suspicious to stop there, as usual. Just like the Iceland river snake video

It might be a juvenile mammoth and the gap between its head and trunk is its tusk. I personally think its a bear but I do like the idea of mammoths still roaming. And as usual with these types of videos only part of the clip is shown...

What a mammoth discovery, or not as the case maybe...

I think you can rule out CGI as image distortion could be down to compression to get the video on-line. This would help blur the gap between the fish and the bears mouth making it look more trunk like, and create a few other distortions along the way.

Do you really think that if it were a real Woolly Mammoth they would limit the the footage to less than a minute? Hell, I would still be trying to track and film the damned thing! Every news agency in the world would be all over this!

awww FFS sheeples!!

It's a bear with a fish hanging out it's mouth!!!!

If you cannot see that - GO TO SPECSAVERS!!

Just shown it to Stevie Wonder, and even he confirms it's not a mammoth.

Some right TARDS on here!!!!!

Im sorry but I have to disagree with a few of you here

Its not a salmon its a trout! :w00t:

I wonder if it could be cg...there doesnt seem to be any water splashing up against the "mammoth". It just looks like it is walking slowly, not struggling to get across. The movement doesn't look right to me.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Look at how strong that current is and no splashing water? hmmm

Doesn't seem right.

:D

Im sorry but I have to disagree with a few of you here

Its not a salmon its a trout! :w00t:

Genius

Yea, at first I thought this had to be a bear with a fish in his/her mouth. Then, I got to looking at the side of the animal's/mammal's head that is visible to us. If I'm not mistaken there seems to be some darkening in color going on there and movement, so to suggest maybe a large ear. So I dunno, not sure if there are actual elephants in that region, or how much elephants take strolls across, what looks like, strong current rivers. Although, there is a lot of talk going on recently of "resurfacing mammoths" in Siberia. That doesn't credit this story any, but this story may credit that. Or it's just some big hoax that the people in Siberia are involved in right now.

IT'S A SNUFFELUFFAGUSS!! :w00t:

He's a long way from Sesame Street, I wonder if he's singing........

Sunny Day Sweepin' the clouds away, On my way to where the air is sweet

Can you tell me how to get, How to get to Sesame street

How to get to Sesame Street...

nope werewolf carrying a baby megalodon

Kodiak Bear with Large Salmon in mouth, if it was Mammoths trunk the color would match its fir, buts it has the reflective of scales.

Kodiak Bear with Large Salmon in mouth, if it was Mammoths trunk the color would match its fir, buts it has the reflective of scales.

This is probably the most mundane, pragmatic and feasible explanation. :tu:

Perhaps it's a mammoth with a prosthetic trunk?

Just a bear with fish, like they said.

It's already fishy enough that it's so blurry, and even so the movement isn't right. :rolleyes:

I'm always suspicious when the video is grainy or slightly out of focus. With the alleged mammoth being relatively close and with todays video technology the video should be crystal clear. Looks like a bear.