Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman who's addicted to eating plastic

Still Waters

TLC show My Strange Addiction has shown us people addicted to everything from corn starch to sleeping with hairdryers. But the new series, which starts this weekend, promises its most bizarre subjects yet.

Season three features teenager Kailyn, who admits to being hooked on eating plastic.

The 18-year-old, from Sacramento, California, believes she has eaten over 60,000 plastic goods over the past 11 years, and will even choose it over food.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Still Waters

• Eldorado

• Bendy Demon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!

She's already banned from every creche in the country after eating all the lego and stuff..... and you don't want to know about the infamous tupperware party incident.

When asked why she loves plastic so much, she explains that it is not the taste as much as the texture.

I completely agree. I love plastic but I don't swallow it... I spit it out after I grind it down. I do it mostly with straws because they're just everywhere.

I don't see it as a problem but the guy in the article who's french kissing his car bumper is stranger then she is. :rofl: I don't judge! He's not hurting anybody...

So let me get this straight, she has been doing this since she was seven and no one has been able to help her? (or willing)

I am surprised her teeth aren't all broken from all this supposed plastic eating.

I am also surprised she hasn't suffered worse health issues..yet.

If she prefers eating plastic to real food then this is more than a "fetish.

Problem is that if she decides to have children, she could end up passing on this handicap to them.

I don't think she is cool or odd but rather I think she has serious issues that no one, especially her parents, refused to address.