Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A 3-pronged mark

herenow

Thank you for those links, Ashen. Just a few days ago I saw the Hebrew letter Shin and recognized it as being similar to what is showing up.

The woman and her father could very well have been of the deer clan. There have been three other times when I’ve asked questions specifically to this family and then immediately seen a deer. There are deer in these woods, but they are much less common than other animals and they usually hide .vs. presenting themselves.

You may want to go to the ceremonial circle again and ask the deer what it is it wants you to know. Sounds like it has good medicine to teach you.

That's my 2cents. Hope you find it helpful.

Thank you for your 2cents. I’ll go out there tomorrow.

Cool! Let me know how it goes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cool! Let me know how it goes. :)

That hike, and the dozen since, have been ‘fulfilling’. Sorry I haven’t had a chance to do any updates.

I jumped in here today to post about something I’ve recently learned. It has to do with the ancient Pauwaus (Shamans, Medicine Men/Women) from this area and one of their practices.

It seems they made maps on bark and on stones (petroglyphs) . They put various symbols on these maps indicating important areas of Manitou (spiritual force or power). They would use these maps in rituals, drawing power from the symbols, which represent the power spots on the land shown on the maps.

Looking at the 3-pronged mark on stone and the Othila-shaped mark on stone as petroglyphs, and tying this in to my obsession with old maps (I’ve had an antique map business for 20+ years), I dunno. It might be a step towards explaining what’s going on out there.

• 2 months later...

I haven’t done an update here in a couple months, so here we go!

I found the 3-pronged mark again, this time in a book showing items dug up near here when a ball park was being built.

3-prong-merrimac.jpg

In reply #17 of this thread I talked about the relationship these woods had with the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. The woods were once owned by a guy I described in that thread.

A few days ago I drove by a large cemetery here and suddenly got the urge to see if he was buried there. The dude called out to me and in a graveyard of a couple thousand headstones I found him in about 5 minutes.

faulkner1.jpg

In early December an old woman came to me in a dream. She said “You have to write this down”. The words were BIENT NOVAIRE.

I woke up, went to the bathroom (sorry) and went back to bed. I fell right back into the same dream and she again told me to write it down, so I got up again and wrote it down.

I had no idea what I was supposed to do with that info. If anyone has any ideas as to their meaning, please let me know.

Here’s what I found, but maybe I’m trying too hard to connect dots.

That dream was Tuesday night.

On my hike in these woods on that day (Tuesday) I was drawn to pick up a piece of quartz. In looking at it I saw a 5-sided shape, it looks kind of like a house to me. Anyone else see it?

Well I had the dream that night, and the next morning while googling ‘Novaire’ I found a village in Italy with that name which on the google map shows it having a 5-sided shape.

I’ve attached a photo of the rock and the map, excuse the dirty fingers. The link below shows the shape a bit better.

novaire2.jpg

Following that lead and that line of thinking lead me to a group of Northern Italians (the Woodpecker People) who are important in this and I’ve come across before. My paternal roots are from that area of Italy. I found that when these people emigrated from Italy, the majority of them settled in the same place in the US, and this place is 50 miles from the place where the other people I’ve been researching, people from my area in Massachusetts, moved to about 1000 years ago. This area was the final stop in a journey known as the Seven Fires Prophecy and the place was known at that time as ‘Woodpecker Island’.

Edited by herenow

Ok, so with those 3 entries I feel I'm pretty caught up.

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has.

And no need to be gentle!

• 1 month later...

On yesterday's hike I walked over a bare piece of ground. Most of the forest is covered by at least a foot of snow, but this one-square-foot section was bare.

In the center of the bare patch was the thing on the left in this picture. It looks like a thin chip of obsidian? It is not glass and is not mica.

The shape reminds me of the shape of the map of these woods:

map_shape.jpg

• 6 months later...

I've been waiting for an update on the Saratoga Stone.

Not sure if it will be coming.

So I decided to do an update on a mark I keep finding, and the woods with which the mark is associated.

Over the past two days I’ve become extremely obsessed with a small section of these woods.

I’ve never had an interest in this section before, though I’ve walked through it hundreds of times.

A few weeks ago I started feeling something when I’d go through this small section but mostly ignored it. Then yesterday I began obsessing over it, pouring through old maps, aerial photos, google earth, etc.

Last night I visited this spot in my ‘dreams’. This morning I went out there, walked right to this small section, looked down and found this 1/3” claw. I picked it up and kept walking, totally convinced it was left there for me… AhhhhHHH!!!!

I believe it is a bird talon .vs. an animal claw because it is almost hollow and very light.

Can anyone identify it?

Claw:

talon.jpg

Today:

talon_map_4.jpg

1930s:

talon_map_3.jpg

1880s:

talon_map_2.jpg

1870s:

talon_map_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I cannot give you and answer or opinion but I will say this. You sure have my interest. Can you find out more about the woman somehow? I think your answer, or at least part of it is with her relatives. I am very interested in this story if you can take it farther.

you'll want to start with Raven Hare

I've been waiting for an update on the Saratoga Stone.

Not sure if it will be coming.

So I decided to do an update on a mark I keep finding, and the woods with which the mark is associated.

Over the past two days I’ve become extremely obsessed with a small section of these woods.

I’ve never had an interest in this section before, though I’ve walked through it hundreds of times.

A few weeks ago I started feeling something when I’d go through this small section but mostly ignored it. Then yesterday I began obsessing over it, pouring through old maps, aerial photos, google earth, etc.

Last night I visited this spot in my ‘dreams’. This morning I went out there, walked right to this small section, looked down and found this 1/3” claw. I picked it up and kept walking, totally convinced it was left there for me… AhhhhHHH!!!!

I believe it is a bird talon .vs. an animal claw because it is almost hollow and very light.

Can anyone identify it?

It is a claw from a very old animal that whites don't know about we natives though we know about them you should b more careful where you go hiking

Claw:

talon.jpg

Today:

talon_map_4.jpg

1930s:

talon_map_3.jpg

1880s:

talon_map_2.jpg

1870s:

talon_map_1.jpg

you'll want to start with Raven Hare

Can you say more about Raven Hare?

In previous entries I've mentioned the 3 pronged-mark and also mentioned the importance of woodpeckers.

I don't think I’ve said anything about shamanism or animism or nature-based beliefs, but they are also a part of this.

And yesterday I found an author who seems to have been on this same trail. She passed away in the 1940s, but of the 6 books she has written, one is on woodpeckers, another is on the 'Indians' of Maine, and a 3rd is called "Old John Neptune And Other Maine Indian Shamans".

I've just ordered the 3rd book. It is about a Penobscot Indian who the English called 'Neptune', (The Roman God Neptune carried a trident - the 3-pronged symbol), and the Roman name ties in the Italian Stregha aspect, and of course other local Shamans or Pauw Wauws or Medicine people who lived in this area.

I’m looking forward to receiving the book.

Hey herenow. How ya doin'.

Still on your quest I see.

Like a dog hanging on to a bone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In previous entries I've mentioned the 3 pronged-mark and also mentioned the importance of woodpeckers.

I don't think I’ve said anything about shamanism or animism or nature-based beliefs, but they are also a part of this.

And yesterday I found an author who seems to have been on this same trail. She passed away in the 1940s, but of the 6 books she has written, one is on woodpeckers, another is on the 'Indians' of Maine, and a 3rd is called "Old John Neptune And Other Maine Indian Shamans".

I've just ordered the 3rd book. It is about a Penobscot Indian who the English called 'Neptune', (The Roman God Neptune carried a trident - the 3-pronged symbol), and the Roman name ties in the Italian Stregha aspect, and of course other local Shamans or Pauw Wauws or Medicine people who lived in this area.

I’m looking forward to receiving the book.

Ok, I'm convinced the 'Old John Neptune' is a direct descendant of the people who've "shown" me the 3-pronged mark.

More later...

Yeah, so that book about a dude named Old John Neptune led me to a number of things, none of which will interest the casual reader. But it also lead me to this.

I've been in these woods for 20 years but this morning I bushwaked to this spot where I've never been, and found a man-made mound, about 10 feet tall and 15 feet at the base.

It appears to be made of stacked rocks, covered with dirt, possibly some kind of chamber.

I believe it is hollow because the the green top is moss-cover cement and it looks like it covers a chimney or entrance or something. paperclip.png

• 3 months later...

There's a 3-pronged symbol I've written about for a couple years here.

This time it has shown up in the form of a pitchfork under an odd circumstance in the 150 year old building where I work.

Here's a recap.

1) I found this mark on a quartz stone in the woods (which has since been dug up and stolen).

2) A deer pawed out that same mark in the snow one winter, right over where the quartz had been.

3) I found that same mark on a small piece of quartz which somehow showed up on my kitchen floor.

4) I've found a signature on an old "Indian" deed selling the town of Salem, MA to the whites, which looks to me to be the same 3-pronged symbol. I have the Native American woman's name, and I can trace her father and grandmother back to the area where I have found the symbol in quartz and in the snow.

5) I found the symbol in the form of a branch placed on the ground at a 'powerful' place in the woods.

6) On another Native deed I found the signature of a man I've been researching, and he also uses the 3-pronged marke.

7) In researching my paternal roots I find the symbol on the helmet of my ancestors

8) Further research of the Native people of my area in Massachusetts lead to this 3-pronged pendant.

9) This morning a coworker asked me about a pitchfork which somehow showed up overnight in my shop area. I have no idea how it got there.

post-101321-0-62996700-1394368618_thumb.

The three of evil that's what i heard.

Three has always been a good number for me.

Plus I don't believe in 'evil', except when it comes to people.

• 3 months later...

Lots of stuff has been going on in the woods and I figured I'd post an update.

I’ve written about a 3-pronged mark which shows up often, but in addition to that there's a new symbol.

I recently discovered that my Sicilian grandmother’s last name translates to "Sign of the Pentagram".

Lately I've been reading about pentagrams and pentagons, since a pentagon came up a year or two ago in a weird coincidence which I wrote about here.

A few days ago I went out to a quartz outcrop in the woods which gives great juice when you put your hands on it. Just before the hike I had been reading about how a pentagon is inside a pentagram, and how you can create a pentagon by connecting the points of a pentagram. I clearly had pentagrams and pentagons on my mind!

I went to the quartz outcrop, and right next to it there's was a stone prefectly shaped like a pentagon.

pentagon1.JPG

• 3 months later...

I haven't been here in a while, but figured in the spirit of Halloween I'd drop in and give an update. The woods I write about are active every day.

The photo on the left is a tree in these woods, and the photo on the right is a being said to roam these woods.

I took the photo of the tree this summer, and came across the other picture this week.

The tree's branches kind of mimic the extended arm and the bent arm of the being in other picture.

The being is called Goatman today in New England.

At the time of the Salem Witch Trials he was said to hold Sabbath in the woods.

The people who've lived here for thousands of years have various names for him.

woodsbeing3.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

8 years later and I return to this thread.

Much more has happened.