Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mediums, Sensitives and others - What happens

CakeOrDeath

I've noticed several threads where someone will discuss dealing with spirits or contacting spirits via ouija game board or whatever.

Then several people will chime in and say,"it's best not to summon the spirits or use ouija game boards because bad things will happen."

I guess I am asking you to share your "bad" experiences and let us know what you did happen and how you survived the ordeal.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buckskin scout

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• White Crane Feather

• CakeOrDeath

Those who can avoid being fearful will not have any truly bad experiences.

I have one example that I can share which I hope be useful.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/forum/index.php?topic=99.0

When there is no fear, you are able to sense how best to deal with any circumstance.

John

• 2 weeks later...

The reason we say to not do it,is because most people are not prepared to get rid of any entity ,that might show up.

It can be very random.

The average person cannot deal with a possible demonic entity ,coming to your sleep over party.

When you open a door to the other side,you basically are playing Russian roulette.

Aunt Matilda might come say hi,or a demonic entity can come roost in your house.

When I say demonic entity,it doesn't mean Belial or Satan.

There are hundreds of demonic spirits.Their nature is to lie,to boot.

So a demonic spirit might come,and SAY it's aunt Matilda.

If you dont know how to banish it,and close the door you opened,you can end up with a host of nasty problems.

People who do this,generally,have never dealt with true spirits ,and 16 year olds who think they are witches who do this,are completely clueless.

Its just dangerous for most people to do,given it can have some dire consequences.

The reason we say to not do it,is because most people are not prepared to get rid of any entity ,that might show up.

It can be very random.

The average person cannot deal with a possible demonic entity ,coming to your sleep over party.

When you open a door to the other side,you basically are playing Russian roulette.

Aunt Matilda might come say hi,or a demonic entity can come roost in your house.

When I say demonic entity,it doesn't mean Belial or Satan.

There are hundreds of demonic spirits.Their nature is to lie,to boot.

So a demonic spirit might come,and SAY it's aunt Matilda.

If you dont know how to banish it,and close the door you opened,you can end up with a host of nasty problems.

People who do this,generally,have never dealt with true spirits ,and 16 year olds who think they are witches who do this,are completely clueless.

Its just dangerous for most people to do,given it can have some dire consequences.

This was well said. It is not wise to get one's self entangled in this because these spirits can wreck a life, traditionally they are said to commit evil secrete counsels and nasty dispositions amongst those under thier sphere of control.

This was well said. It is not wise to get one's self entangled in this because these spirits can wreck a life, traditionally they are said to commit evil secrete counsels and nasty dispositions amongst those under thier sphere of control.

Thank you

I've seen it happen,and sometimes the person can do nothing,and something can follow you home.

But invitation ,are seen as a dare but such entities.They enjoy causing problems.

Not always,some spirits are just mischievous and quite benign,but to do this,its best to be prepared.

Thank you

I've seen it happen,and sometimes the person can do nothing,and something can follow you home.

But invitation ,are seen as a dare but such entities.They enjoy causing problems.

Not always,some spirits are just mischievous and quite benign,but to do this,its best to be prepared.

So follow-up question, you seem very well versed in all this demon stuff. Have you personally toussled with one of these entities? And have you looked at Sakari's thread asking sincerely for anyones assistance in summoning one of these baddies?

Because I keep running into this: Don't mess wtih entities if you are not a medium/believer, yet when a non-medium/non-believer tries to go against the warnings and "see for himself" he can't get an entity and is told, "duh you aren't a sensitive or medium so you can't summon."

So why warn people if only the special ones with powers can summon them anyways?

lolz... just don't try to call a demon or some random spirit. because, the cost may be high as in your soul might be bound to that particular thing.

So follow-up question, you seem very well versed in all this demon stuff. Have you personally toussled with one of these entities? And have you looked at Sakari's thread asking sincerely for anyones assistance in summoning one of these baddies?

Because I keep running into this: Don't mess wtih entities if you are not a medium/believer, yet when a non-medium/non-believer tries to go against the warnings and "see for himself" he can't get an entity and is told, "duh you aren't a sensitive or medium so you can't summon."

So why warn people if only the special ones with powers can summon them anyways?

People can be held captive by the devil and do his will without being aware of it.

Mehhhh. All Hollywood. Spirits do not have human motivations. But that dosnt stop us from scaring ourselves into thinking they do. Why dont you ask those who have face to face interactions with them instead of all regurgitation of fear mongering lore and hype.

Mehhhh. All Hollywood. Spirits do not have human motivations. But that dosnt stop us from scaring ourselves into thinking they do. Why dont you ask those who have face to face interactions with them instead of all regurgitation of fear mongering lore and hype.

Those speaking from personal experiences beg to differ.

Not everyone. Not everyone sees it the same way you do. The sooner people simply just realise that there can be multi positions and perspectives to anything experienced, then the sooner people will stop trying to insist their way is the only right way. I understand why certain people tag their experiences demon, evil and everything fear based imaginabley possible. But I ask those who do take this particular view, do you understand or care to consider why there are people who do not interpret their experiences as demon, evil or so fearfully as you do?

I'm am speaking from experience. Once you learn about yourself and overcome all these fears, you find that all that evil is in your mind. You rise above it and you surrender yourself to the light. All this "evil" dogma is a manifestation of lower evolutionary fears left to run wild in the undisciplined mind. Nothing is as it seems.

Not everyone. Not everyone sees it the same way you do. The sooner people simply just realise that there can be multi positions and perspectives to anything experienced, then the sooner people will stop trying to insist their way is the only right way. I understand why certain people tag their experiences demon, evil and everything fear based imaginabley possible. But I ask those who do take this particular view, do you understand or care to consider why there are people who do not interpret their experiences as demon, evil or so fearfully as you do?

I know my own experiences and as far as other people's experiences I cant say, but demons will use misguided individuals to mislead others. Evil spirits may even empower this individual in earthy wisdom and counterfeit spirituality including prophetic utterings and secret knowledge in essence recruiting them. Take the Scriptures for instance, it warns dont even go there, dont look dont taste dont touch as the devil roams like a lion seeking souls to devour. When one looks, when one tastes, when one touches that attracts demonic activity there is a duplicit play every side nature here that needs to be avoided and shunned. In that regards, the presentation of Captain Howdy in The Exorcist has a great deal of realism IMO up til the actual possession of Regan.

When an individual has a healthy respect it may be one of the best safeguards and insurances against possible demonic activity.

I'm am speaking from experience. Once you learn about yourself and overcome all these fears, you find that all that evil is in your mind. You rise above it and you surrender yourself to the light. All this "evil" dogma is a manifestation of lower evolutionary fears left to run wild in the undisciplined mind. Nothing is as it seems.

I dont speak about my experiences or rather I am not ready to. To each his own.

I know my own experiences and as far as other people's experiences I cant say, but demons will use misguided individuals to mislead others. Evil spirits may even empower this individual in earthy wisdom and counterfeit spirituality including prophetic utterings and secret knowledge in essence recruiting them. Take the Scriptures for instance, it warns dont even go there, dont look dont taste dont touch as the devil roams like a lion seeking souls to devour. When one looks, when one tastes, when one touches that attracts demonic activity there is a duplicit play every side nature here that needs to be avoided and shunned. In that regards, the presentation of Captain Howdy in The Exorcist has a great deal of realism IMO up til the actual possession of Regan.

When an individual has a healthy respect it may be one of the best safeguards and insurances against possible demonic activity.

Fine but you clearly use said scriptures to interpret your experiences --for you--... That is the difference between you and I. I can't speak for anyone else either, but I don't assume other people see things the same way I do, or that what a religious script says is the full 100% guaranteed truth. because it again is merely an interpretaion of something, which was interpreted by something and x that 100 times over.

Sure i believe it is possible that people can get mislead by what they channel, or used as a pawn by a being full-stop. But I have also questioned why this happens and have come to my own conclusions that such an experience can help a person not become fearful and locked in a box for the rest of their life, but to learn some fundamental truths about energy and consciousness in general. About how different levels of consciousness see things in different ways.

The level of the ego consciousness where fear exists and is the primal driving force behind peoples desires, wants and needs, and draconian structures/interpretations makes a being a very easy one to manipulate by just about anything, including and mostly even other human beings. IE. Dog eat dog world. What these scriptures say are based on fear concepts of basically being pawned by something but what it fails to educate about is that the ego manipulation belongs only at the ego level.

Versus

The level of higher consciousness where fear is not the driving force, and so changes everything- My experience has been that there is a greater amount of clarity at this level and where the ego is not involved, ie ego engaging ego there is not these issues to contend with. The ego can not comprehend beyond the ego level and one has to elevate out of that to engage with other higher consciousness.

That's just my view on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

The level of the ego consciousness where fear exists and is the primal driving force behind peoples desires, wants and needs, and draconian structures/interpretations makes a being a very easy one to manipulate by just about anything, including and mostly even other human beings. IE. Dog eat dog world. What these scriptures say are based on fear concepts of basically being pawned by something but what it fails to educate about is that the ego manipulation belongs only at the ego level.

Versus

The level of higher consciousness where fear is not the driving force, and so changes everything- My experience has been that there is a greater amount of clarity at this level and where the ego is not involved, ie ego engaging ego there is not these issues to contend with. The ego can not comprehend beyond the ego level and one has to elevate out of that to engage with other higher consciousness.

I share this more elevated view myself. Eventually humanity will evolve an appreciation about fear driven perspectives. Not any time soon I suspect, but eventually.

It is always nice for me to know that I am not alone in my ways of seeing these things.

John

Fine but you clearly use said scriptures to interpret your experiences --for you--... That is the difference between you and I. I can't speak for anyone else either, but I don't assume other people see things the same way I do, or that what a religious script says is the full 100% guaranteed truth. because it again is merely an interpretaion of something, which was interpreted by something and x that 100 times over.

Sure i believe it is possible that people can get mislead by what they channel, or used as a pawn by a being full-stop. But I have also questioned why this happens and have come to my own conclusions that such an experience can help a person not become fearful and locked in a box for the rest of their life, but to learn some fundamental truths about energy and consciousness in general. About how different levels of consciousness see things in different ways.

Versus

Your experiences aren't mine, and my experiences aren't yours. But my experiences tell me beware of bottles marked with skull and crossbones and beware of what doors one unlocks as it not necessarily leads to truth and benevolence.

To those of you experienced mediums in this thread, why haven't you sought scientists or psychology students at universities so you can share your special knowledge and techniques with this other planar spiritual entities? John I will repost this for you from my other thread where you asked that I respect your point of view on not sharing you "powers" with the world.

Honestly, and as much as can be with this reply, no disrespect intended, but frankly I have zero respect for anyone who has a gift of this magnitude and is unwilling to expose others to the grandeur of it all. Let me try to give an example. It would be like someone discovering the cure for cancer, but only using it on himself and maybe a small group of similarly minded people, because the masses didn't yet believe a cure was possible, or that their current way was best. A good person would say..."I know you believe in "x" and I'm not here to say differently but I would like to show you "y".

Or someone having an idea that would revolutionize the world, like say electricity, and not sharing it. It seems a self-centered selfish and deplorable way to exist.

If you TRULY know you can legitimately contact spirits or people past, and energies of other until now unknown entities, in my opinion that gift is bigger than you and you have a duty to share it with your fellow man.

So ya I don't respect your point of view.

It seems a self-centered selfish and deplorable way to exist.

Oh boy you are misinformed big time. You chose to disrespect a view which you do not even understand and judge an entire group based on that. That's the problem.

Have you considered that how you attempt to comprehend this may not be as straight forward as you think it is? How do you know that their aren't people already using their abilities to help people in a way that you haven't thought or even heard of yet? The answer is you don't.

Using what I laid out on the levels of consciousnesses, Ego consciousness V higher consciousness, the answer is pretty much staring you right in the face.

Not everyone is self interested or motivated, but you have no idea of things if you fully believe and accept without researching first, that the motivations of the gov and "powers of be" are rainbows and snowflakes of the highest intent and good. There are more stories about the greats who attempted to breakthrough getting shutdwon and discredited, removed from society than celebrated and accepted.

Research what happened to a great scientist/innovator called Tesla. In certain circles he was believed to have foresight far far far beyond the capacity of "typical ego consciousness" In other words he was considered connected to his "higher awareness and consciousness" and channeled incredible technology that had the ability to provide us free energy to power our houses from nothing more than something the size of a brick. What happened to it ? Good question. JP Morgan heard about it and got in touch and asked him, "can i put a metre on it this? (a way to control power resource and charge money) Telsa said no". Next thing JP Morgan buys Tesla out and shelf's the technology for it never to be seen again. For decades it sat shelved as it would have revolutionised how we use energy so much that the elite and gov would lose that entire segment of control over people and resources.

I know of other scenarios particularly from the 70's/80's where aspiring innovators/engineers were closed down and shelved with concepts for clean/free energy related to water technology. It happens all the time, everything is decided and controlled by who holds the mighty $$$$ and even science to a degree is controlled by who is prepared to back and fund what depending on what the powers of be want.

If you really believe for a moment that it is the fault of the mediums and psychics with foresight, working to keep it all to themselves, then you are completely brainwashed and delluded by societal programming. Before you mouth off that the mediums and psychics are deplorable, first question the antics and motivations of your GOV. and elite. Educate yourself about the concepts of levels of consciousness, seek to understand how it stacks up from a mediums point of view.

As for mediums and psychic not doing their duty for fellow man, you couldn't be more wrong. It's wrong to say that every single individual is self motivated as for a start in any given populace you have ways of determining who is self centred and who is not and actually serving fellow man. There are many many gifted people working in all sorts of fields helping towards things you perhaps have no idea of. And the saddest thing is, the aggressiveness and intolerance that many people show out of pure ignorance to those who 'differ' from what the "societal norm" should be, is a major reason why those choose to go about their efforts quietly and humbly.

When one elevates higher than the ego consciousness, there is no drive to fulfil the desires of the ego and quite frankly the usual arguments of, you could be so rich and have so much power over others and be famous, is just incredibly immature and childish, because it comes from ego perspective. When one matures their perspective you are dealing with a whole new reality and becoming rich and famous is simply not the materialistic things that are rewarding. Besides there is always a catch and the old adage selling your soul is not something these people want to do.

So i am going to end this post with saying yes some are self motivated, others are controlled and a great many are completely in service to their fellow man kind. Just not in the way you think they aught to be.

Good day.

Edited by AnVil

Have you ever gone into visit the psychic readings forum or metaphysics sub boards? there are people helping others all the time there. Helping to help others develop themselves and learn how to do these things. John is one of them. If you want to learn too and shed these pre conceived ideas you're holding you should go along as see what's happening.

Take this missing persons thread for example - http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=220465&st=0 here you have a guy who is working 24/7 for years in trying assist and pull together as many mediums and psychics as he can to help with a missing persons case. Do you know that even with the all help coming in, he still has to lay on the low side because not everyone is accepting of it? Even just getting the Police/investigators to look at the material is a struggle.

There are many people who do work behind the scenes like this from doing small scale things to hugemous scale things, and yet continue despite knowing that it's likely to get laughed at or discarded as crazy in some way. But i know people who still do what they can to help in any way they can.

Edited by AnVil

To those of you experienced mediums in this thread, why haven't you sought scientists or psychology students at universities so you can share your special knowledge and techniques with this other planar spiritual entities? John I will repost this for you from my other thread where you asked that I respect your point of view on not sharing you "powers" with the world.

Honestly, and as much as can be with this reply, no disrespect intended, but frankly I have zero respect for anyone who has a gift of this magnitude and is unwilling to expose others to the grandeur of it all. Let me try to give an example. It would be like someone discovering the cure for cancer, but only using it on himself and maybe a small group of similarly minded people, because the masses didn't yet believe a cure was possible, or that their current way was best. A good person would say..."I know you believe in "x" and I'm not here to say differently but I would like to show you "y".

Or someone having an idea that would revolutionize the world, like say electricity, and not sharing it. It seems a self-centered selfish and deplorable way to exist.

If you TRULY know you can legitimately contact spirits or people past, and energies of other until now unknown entities, in my opinion that gift is bigger than you and you have a duty to share it with your fellow man.

You may want to check out what happens to the Hutchinson effect when attempted by other people or by Hutchinson himself while being observed. It doesn't work. Other people's energies effect everything, and some things simply might not be allowed to happen.

It's precisely the kinds of people who have no interests in such things that discover it within themselves. Many people work in the background with amazing gifts and do change the world. You never see them, and this is precisely what makes them effective. Could you imagine what would happen to super man if he submitted himself for study and scrutiny..... Yup Clark Kent would cease to exist, and his alien gifts would be a waist jumping through hoops for the satisfaction of others.... Meanwhile people are suffering and the gift is not being used for it's intended purpose.

Edited by Seeker79

I'm not buying any of it. I have looked at the mediumship forums the "help" is always "self-introspective" psychobable or cryptic answers. Tesla was an innovative thinker and brilliant scientist, not a medium.

Just based on the amount of "gifted" responders on this forum alone, we should have plenty of people to "prove" the existence of other entities and energies, and then you and your ilk can lead the world into a new age of understanding.

Why wouldn't you guys/gals want this? I know I know, I'm not special enough or spiritually evolved enough to understand how important it is for you guys to work behind the scenes, helping the world in immeasureable non-visibile ways...

C'mon man...you gotta be kidding me. And while I do agree that the government and big business most definitely do play a role in dicoveries and advancements (even hampering them), it's not nearly as oppressive and tyrannical as you make it sound.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

I'm not buying any of it. I have looked at the mediumship forums the "help" is always "self-introspective" psychobable or cryptic answers. Tesla was an innovative thinker and brilliant scientist, not a medium.

I doubt you have even spent considerable time finding out for yourself. You have missed the boat completely and haven't even picked up on the fact that it was merely an example of showing a small sample of people within a community who are using their abilities to help others, teach, develop, share rather than what you spouted about being deplorable for existing in a selfish way. Instead you respond to this with your ego centred cynicism and act like you are incapable of handling this entire subject because your defence route would rather dismiss anything that is presented upfront as a medium/psychic in action. I suspect you know your bottom line and aren't ready to change it any time soon, this is just a place to vent off about a group of people that fit your 'check boxes' to deplore, right?

As for Tesla he was naturally a medium as well as a great scientist and innovator, and there are many circles who recognise him for being so, so it doesn't really matter if we disagree on that aspect. But you wanted examples. Many great innovators who exist in all fields of life ARE hugely psychic and in touch with their "awareness", and use that awareness. You know new ideas are not really 'new ideas', learn the levels of consciousnesses and consciousness teaches us how thoughts, ideas, circulate and connect.

I actually thought for a moment you were seriously wanting examples like Tesla and wondering where all the hiding Tesla's of this generation were. I thought this point was obvious that not only did I provide examples of those serving others on a small scale, but structured my post around those who have tried and been shelved on a large scale too. The role that Gov and powers of be play with mediumistic/psychic people has been dicey in at least portions of this era since the world wars.

It's no secret that Hitler and the Nazis used remote viewers, psychics, and channellers to develop things/spy and that a lot of programs spun off from this which are not humane in my opinion, but treating the person like a lab rat and object. And i think it might surprise you to know just how many are involved with the occult for their movements. Yes it is blown all off as conspiracy this and conspiracy that, and much of it is. But grains of truth in every pie. The way psychics and mediums can be used by ego centred beings is what is really deplorable. There is a whole world, perhaps it is a hidden world to you, but there is a whole world you are not grasping here.

Anyway. My mistake for thinking the platform for discussion was where it. is. apparently. not. For that reason I'm bowing out of this one with you now.

Have a good day.

Just based on the amount of "gifted" responders on this forum alone, we should have plenty of people to "prove" the existence of other entities and energies, and then you and your ilk can lead the world into a new age of understanding.

Why wouldn't you guys/gals want this? I know I know, I'm not special enough or spiritually evolved enough to understand how important it is for you guys to work behind the scenes, helping the world in immeasureable non-visibile ways...

C'mon man...you gotta be kidding me. And while I do agree that the government and big business most definitely do play a role in dicoveries and advancements (even hampering them), it's not nearly as oppressive and tyrannical as you make it sound.

What information would you look for from other entities? What could people understand about their lives from having a permanent technologically opened channel to heaven, or hell, or the ether, etc.? You have to know what you're looking for first. If you are looking for immortality you wont find it. If you're trying to assuage your fear of death you may be able to find that if you want to. You are alive in this moment. Your thoughts and experiences matter, and they are in the position, and physical circumstances that they are in. Nothing is going to change that. If you want an answer for world peace then you are going to have to help try to find it. How effective would we be if we tried to control another species to keep it from harming itself? Mice, who's populations explode due to increased food supply because of human agriculture, causing plagues and massive die-offs are a good example. What could we possibly do to help mice ensure that they do not experience such a tragedy again?

Here is an answer to positively effect U.S. politics: Instate a democratic lottery to select appropriately educated candidates for election for the standard terms in every branch of government. If you tried to make this a law you would probably be assassinated, but the answer to government corruption is pretty much that simple. You've got one possible answer, but what can you alone do with it? When people become receptive to the idea of spirits, ghosts, entities, etc. you might get your proof. 10 years later people might forget they ever saw it.