Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sumatran Orang Pendek Hairs Match Rock Hyrax

NatureBoff

Here's a site which has the dialogue of the extreme expeditions member Richard Freeman The search for Orang Pendek continues…

You didnt seem to have any takers on your hyrax comment on that page. Thats a far cry from saying the expedition members backed up the claim you made in the thread title. Freeman doesnt seem to have any valid arguments other than personal insults.

You didnt seem to have any takers on your hyrax comment on that page. Thats a far cry from saying the expedition members backed up the claim you made in the thread title. Freeman doesnt seem to have any valid arguments other than personal insults.

It's somewhere else that the encouragement from a team member led me to make that previous comment. It wasn't Richard Freeman, he hasn't joined the discussion on this other site. Edited by tailormaneinafog

It's somewhere else that the encouragement from a team member led me to make that previous comment. It wasn't Richard Freeman, he hasn't joined the discussion on this other site.

Which site?

Which site?

Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)

How can one unconfirmed species be identified as another unconfirmed species ?

Not only that but the Orang Pendek is supposed to be a small bipedal ape-like creature, not a giant dog.

Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)

Does your notion of support amount to one comment on a facebook page? It seem somewhat humouring at most, he even says there are many differences. Or am I missing some other interaction on another site?

I'm curious, Tailor, how did you first come across Hyraxes? (I'm not sure what their plural is..)

I'm curious, Tailor, how did you first come across Hyraxes? (I'm not sure what their plural is..)

I think he first IDed a crypto as a hyrax based off the honey swamp monster, because it had three, or four webbed toes, like a hyrax.

I think he first IDed a crypto as a hyrax based off the honey swamp monster, because it had three, or four webbed toes, like a hyrax.

o_o there are no words. None.

o_o there are no words. None.

Wait till you hear about his glow birds

Wait till you hear about his glow birds

I've heard a little bit, something about glowing because of urine..

I've heard a little bit, something about glowing because of urine..

Phosphorus. He has quite detailed info about their biology and habits.

Phosphorus. He has quite detailed info about their biology and habits.

Wow, lol. I wonder when his book is coming out.

How can one unconfirmed species be identified as another unconfirmed species ?

Not only that but the Orang Pendek is supposed to be a small bipedal ape-like creature, not a giant dog.

I'm assuming that an animal can mimick others as an effective survival strategy. The Orang Pendek is something which *likes* to be recognised as an orangutan-like animal, but is in fact something entirely different. Hence it can stay undetected and undisturbed. It's just a hypothesis which seems to fit the evidence imv.

It was when I looked at the photos of the 'Dartmoor beast' featured in a great article in Fortean Times magazine. I started a thread called 'Dartmoor Beast Identified As a New Species Of Giant Hyrax?'. Google and you'll see.

I'm assuming that an animal can mimick others as an effective survival strategy. The Orang Pendek is something which *likes* to be recognised as an orangutan-like animal, but is in fact something entirely different. Hence it can stay undetected and undisturbed. It's just a hypothesis which seems to fit the evidence imv.

That answer makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, there's nowhere to even begin rebuking it - it's ridiculous.

That answer makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, there's nowhere to even begin rebuking it - it's ridiculous.

Perhaps we can leave it at then and wait for the latest analysis from Extreme Expeditions which is due in a few months. Your Einstein quote says it all imo. Reality is always stranger than fiction.

Perhaps we can leave it at then and wait for the latest analysis from Extreme Expeditions which is due in a few months. Your Einstein quote says it all imo. Reality is always stranger than fiction.

Reality is not always stranger than fiction, but when it is that still doesnt mean someone made it up out of thin air. What are we waiting for from the expedition? Something other than the hair?

Reality is not always stranger than fiction, but when it is that still doesnt mean someone made it up out of thin air. What are we waiting for from the expedition? Something other than the hair?

DNA analysis from four independent research labs I believe, from samples taken from more recent expeditions. Edited by tailormaneinafog

It was when I looked at the photos of the 'Dartmoor beast' featured in a great article in Fortean Times magazine. I started a thread called 'Dartmoor Beast Identified As a New Species Of Giant Hyrax?'. Google and you'll see.

You mean this article where an owner of a Newfoundland dog thinks that the photos were of the dog?

It doesn't say "Hyrax" once on the page..

You mean this article where an owner of a Newfoundland dog thinks that the photos were of the dog?

It doesn't say "Hyrax" once on the page..

..yawn...I'm sorry but I've been through this discussion before a long time ago. I've spoken to the man who took the photograph who's a professional with birds of prey and lives and works in Dartmoor. He has dogs himself. It definitely *wasn't* a dog he said. It didn't move like one. It was more feline-like in motion.

P.S. There's a mention of the Orang Pendek in this month's issue of Focus magazine.

post-94765-0-16380000-1330688505_thumb.j

Edited by tailormaneinafog

..yawn...I'm sorry but I've been through this discussion before a long time ago. I've spoken to the man who took the photograph who's a professional with birds of prey and lives and works in Dartmoor. He has dogs himself. It definitely *wasn't* a dog he said. It didn't move like one. It was more feline-like in motion.

P.S. There's a mention of the Orang Pendek in this month's issue of Focus magazine.

You've really spoken to him? Has it occurred to you that he may have skirted over the truth to give his photographs more notoriety & hype?

You've really spoken to him? Has it occurred to you that he may have skirted over the truth to give his photographs more notoriety & hype?

He's not interested in being called a 'fake' etc. Why would someone with a professional career with birds of prey put his reputation in jeopardy if not totally genuine? That's the kind of thing unemployed people do, surely?

He's not interested in being called a 'fake' etc. Why would someone with a professional career with birds of prey put his reputation in jeopardy if not totally genuine? That's the kind of thing unemployed people do, surely?

So only unemployed people lie and people with jobs tell the truth? What a truly remarkable and simple world you live in.

So only unemployed people lie and people with jobs tell the truth? What a truly remarkable and simple world you live in.

So what line of work are you in v'?