Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I feel like someone is going to die.

Anabelle060311

Can someone PLEASE help me?

I woke up this morning. and there was this strange smell in my apartment.

From the way I would described it, it would be, it smelt like someone died in my apartment. I checked my entire apartment to see if I had an dirty dishes around. But, Im a pretty clean person. Later in the day, I out of the blue, had a heavy feeling dropped on me, I had and still do have a VERY STRONG and heavy feeling that someone I know and is close to me is going to die.It's 6am and can't sleep because I can't get rid of this feeling. Im 19 years old, and I live on my own and I'm very worried. I am NOT use to this. Can someone PLEASE help me? Please tell me whats happening to me.

I can't explain the smell, but living in an apartment it could have been many many things. Is the smell still there? You could ask your landlord about it maybe.

I sort of understand the sudden heavy feeling you are talking about though, 2 years ago I had the same feeling for weeks that something bad was going to happen to me. I don't know why I started feeling it, or where it came from. I've never been suicidal, or suffered from anxiety but I couldn't get rid of the feeling. I dreamt almost every night horrible dreams where I was supposed to be killed somehow. Every dream one different some were car accidents, some were murders. (I never actually did die in any of them though). I walked around in heavy, depressed daze for awhile. I never told anyone how I was feeling but it did change me somewhat. I made sure I told people around me what I really thought and felt. I wanted them to know that I appreciated and loved them, and I started listening to them and helping them as much as I could.

I know if probably dosn't solve what you are feeling, I don't know if it's the same thing or not, but that's my experience.

Can someone PLEASE help me?

I woke up this morning. and there was this strange smell in my apartment.

From the way I would described it, it would be, it smelt like someone died in my apartment. I checked my entire apartment to see if I had an dirty dishes around. But, Im a pretty clean person. Later in the day, I out of the blue, had a heavy feeling dropped on me, I had and still do have a VERY STRONG and heavy feeling that someone I know and is close to me is going to die.It's 6am and can't sleep because I can't get rid of this feeling. Im 19 years old, and I live on my own and I'm very worried. I am NOT use to this. Can someone PLEASE help me? Please tell me whats happening to me.

If an animal,rodent or bird died in the wall,that can smell pretty bad!!You might not know it was there until the smell.I found a dead mouse in the light switch a few months ago and had no clue it was there until we smelled it in the closet.Looked like it got electrocuted from chewing the wiring :cry: .I usually hear animals if they got into the wall,but this one was quiet as a mouse!!LOL!!Sorry...had to go there :rofl: Anyways...probably just your sub conscious playing games with you and causing anxiety.

Hope all is well...Keep us posted :)

When I was living in an apartment (on the second floor) the guy living in the apartment below us died. The smell was horrible, because no one found him for a week. Do you live on anything above the first floor?

I think when you smelled something you associated with a dead body anxiety kicked in and your mind is trying to make sense of your anxiety so it came up with "someone is going to die"

hope you understand what I'm saying. the mind reacts to fear strangely.

• 2 weeks later...

for the people who thought i was crazy. someone died.i got my answer

so, uh, did anyone die? it's been a couple days - does it still smell?

yes someone i love more than the world died

If an animal,rodent or bird died in the wall,that can smell pretty bad!!You might not know it was there until the smell.I found a dead mouse in the light switch a few months ago and had no clue it was there until we smelled it in the closet.Looked like it got electrocuted from chewing the wiring :cry: .I usually hear animals if they got into the wall,but this one was quiet as a mouse!!LOL!!Sorry...had to go there :rofl: Anyways...probably just your sub conscious playing games with you and causing anxiety.

Hope all is well...Keep us posted :)

a family member died

Feelings of dread can be caused by many different things. I suggest you read up on the subject and seek professional assistance to assist you in coping with the feelings.

http://helpguide.org/mental/generalized_anxiety_disorder.htm

someone did die

i'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that you are not being truthful.

if i'm wrong then i'm just another heartless person on the internet, but somehow i don't think i am wrong

Hmmm, I smell something too,but it sort of smells like a rotting fish. I sometimes get that smell when I read stories like these.OP,no offense,but do you realize how untruthful your responses sound? Me thinks you're responses would be a little more descriptive if this story was real, instead of looking like an obvious ploy for attention and sympathy.

And if it is true?

Why argue when it cannot be proven either way?Always remember the basic premise of if you can't say anything nice......

Am ignoring the above post for now but if I see it or anything similar posted after it. I won't be to pleased.

• Like 1

i'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that you are not being truthful.

if i'm wrong then i'm just another heartless person on the internet, but somehow i don't think i am wrong

At the risk of angering Kismit I agree with this.

I apologize, for being somewhat harsh in my post,but the Op's responses didn't seem genuine to me,though her original post seemed like it could have been. I probably overreacted,although I must say the nature of the OP's replys follow a pattern of other posters on this forum, who I later found out to be trolls or people seeking attention. I disagree,however that the OP can't prove her story,although it would require revealing her identity and posting an obituary.Either way since the OP is new,I don't know really know her and she doesn't know me,so I can't find a reason to believe her,and likewise it would be rather silly to find a reason to get upset about my comments. Just my two cents,ban me if you feel the need to,It would probably give me a chance to enjoy real life more-lol.

Am not banning anyone, however we prefer arguments against Moderator decisions to be sent via the private message system. It helps a thread maintain integrity and flow. As well as allows a certain level of respect between poster and Moderator.

I think respect is the key word here....Weather you believe the post or not...If there is a chance that someone lost a loved one...Be respectful and kind .When someone is constantly questioned about being truthful on this forum,..it makes people like me not want to post anything.Too many people on this forum automatically want to think that the person is lying or seeing things.I'm sure that nobody on this forum comes here hoping to be called a fake or wanting to be constantly questioned of their sanity.I came here for understanding and hoping to find people with similar experiences.Some people have been kind and understanding,but the other is what keeps me from posting more.Lets remember to be kind to one another and imagine if you were the person who posted this and lost a loved one.We should give them the benefit of the doubt.Just my opinion

Honestly, it isn't even about giving the benefit of the doubt. It is simply that no purpose is served by posting something that will be hurtful with very minimal if any, actual benefit. There is no way to determine if the poster was being truthful or not. Giving the opinion that it was not the truth would, if correct, not accomplish anything unless confirmed, and if incorrect, would be a pretty callous thing to do. Even without confirmation, it still seems somewhat blunt, even for those who share the same feeling.

Heck, even if it were correct and confirmed, we have, what? Just another drama post, like any of the dozen we see in a given month.

Habitually doubting isn't a bad intellectual habit. Telling others about it is kind of a bad social habit.

Honestly, it isn't even about giving the benefit of the doubt. It is simply that no purpose is served by posting something that will be hurtful with very minimal if any, actual benefit. There is no way to determine if the poster was being truthful or not. Giving the opinion that it was not the truth would, if correct, not accomplish anything unless confirmed, and if incorrect, would be a pretty callous thing to do. Even without confirmation, it still seems somewhat blunt, even for those who share the same feeling.

Heck, even if it were correct and confirmed, we have, what? Just another drama post, like any of the dozen we see in a given month.

Habitually doubting isn't a bad intellectual habit. Telling others about it is kind of a bad social habit.

I agree completely!!!

• 6 years later...

hey i actually have the same feeling but this time i only think of this when I'm far from my dad i just feel like any second could be the last second for me to have my dad and it gets me so nervous and i dont really know what to do about it but if there is anyone who know about this and can help me please notify me