Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Iran Sanctions?

and-then

No, what's childish and hypocritical is to demonize a nation for allegedly doing something bad and also hold the opinion that OUR doing the exact same thing is morally good.

You could be right. Iran could be a danger to the world. That said, there's no actual evidence that they're planning to assault anyone. We, on the other hand, have attacked nation after nation in the last 4 decades or so, proving definitively that WE'RE a danger to the world. Maybe Vietnam was a threat to us even though the entire country is the size of a back yard in Texas. Maybe Iraq was on the verge of conquering the world before we dismantled their military in about 3 days. I just don't believe these things to be true.

Whether you're right or not though, we don't hold the moral high ground unless we only attack when there's evidence of an imminent threat as opposed to conjecture that the nation in question MIGHT become powerful enough to be a threat. As I said, I don't care if we're saints or sinners, but to act like sinners while claiming to be saints is cowardly.

Again, you could be right. On the other hand, there's no denying that in the pre-nuke world, a situation like that would have nearly inevitably resulted in open warfare. The fact that both the US and USSR were nuclear armed was enough deterrent to both sides to keep things to posturing as opposed to actual fighting. What I'm saying is that I believe our government doesn't want Iran to have nukes not because they're worried they'll be aimed at us, but because they're worried we won't have free reign to bully them if they actually can pose a serious threat.

Here's the core of our difference of opinion. See, I believe interfering with (sanctions and sponsoring terrorism) or outright attacking a nation that has done nothing to us and for which there is no evidence that they plan to do anything to us is the ultimate example of saying screw the consequences. It's inciting the very thing you claim to want to prevent. It makes no sense to me.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see what we're doing as reacting to incitement. If Iran gets the bomb I guess we'll soon see who was right. I just don't see America as the great Satan in the world. Apparently many here do. No insult intended to you.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• ExpandMyMind

• sam12six

• Lion6969

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I see what we're doing as reacting to incitement. If Iran gets the bomb I guess we'll soon see who was right. I just don't see America as the great Satan in the world. Apparently many here do. No insult intended to you.

Wow. I read most of your posts on this thread and you really live in a fantasy world. USA is tyrant an imperial tyrant, everyone knows this. USA is the only nutcase in the room whohas history of using wmds, no one else just the mighty USA, who now dictates who has nukes and who does not, as for those who don't are susceptible to an invasion by the USA. A nuke makes sure they USA don't **** with you, they only **** with weakest, weaken them firstly by sanctions, destroy the nation within, when the nation is totally incapable of protecting itself, ie Iraq, then invade and conquer, not like the old days where you conquer and stay, no for decades it's been about owning the nations and it's assets and installing your own puppets. So who really is the threat to world peace or a threat to humanity full stop for petty profit at cost of human lives!!!

What lion said.

Wow. I read most of your posts on this thread and you really live in a fantasy world. USA is tyrant an imperial tyrant, everyone knows this. USA is the only nutcase in the room whohas history of using wmds, no one else just the mighty USA, who now dictates who has nukes and who does not, as for those who don't are susceptible to an invasion by the USA. A nuke makes sure they USA don't **** with you, they only **** with weakest, weaken them firstly by sanctions, destroy the nation within, when the nation is totally incapable of protecting itself, ie Iraq, then invade and conquer, not like the old days where you conquer and stay, no for decades it's been about owning the nations and it's assets and installing your own puppets. So who really is the threat to world peace or a threat to humanity full stop for petty profit at cost of human lives!!!

Gee Lion, if you say it it must be true! How could I have ever been so dumb...

Tell you what, when the GREAT SATAN is toppled you can live in the shadow of the next big kid on the block. But you're still just living in the shadows. Kind of excitable aren't ya guy?

Tell you what, when the GREAT SATAN is toppled you can live in the shadow of the next big kid on the block. But you're still just living in the shadows. Kind of excitable aren't ya guy?

I don't live in anyone's shadow nor did I say USA is satan. I simply stated the facts, which show the biggest threat to mankind and the world is the USA administration regardless which party. That means those who run the USA, the average American is a good law abiding, hellish human loving peaceful people!

I don't live in anyone's shadow nor did I say USA is satan. I simply stated the facts, which show the biggest threat to mankind and the world is the USA administration regardless which party. That means those who run the USA, the average American is a good law abiding, human loving peaceful people!

so good he said it twice. :lol: