Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did President Eisenhower meet with aliens ?

bouncer

heres something old and new... in a UK daily paper today

Quote: 'Well, certainly I can tell you that in 1954, President Eisenhower had three encounters, set up meetings with aliens, which took place at certain Air Force bases including Holloman Air Force base in New Mexico.'

He added that there were 'many witnesses'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2100947/Eisenhower-secret-meetings-aliens-pentagon-consultant-claims.html

This even makes the TV news as I write this, well, Russia Today anyway!

The article really doesn't say anything and like usual, no proof.

Granted, but theres never any 'proof' with any sighting/meeting/encounter is there? If there was, we'd know once and for all the ET scenario was proven!

But its good that the press will run stories like this instead of brushing it all under the carpet, IMO!

• Like 1

It's a story that has circulated in and out of the UFO community for years: Did former U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower have three meetings with extraterrestrials?

An ex-government consultant says the story is true that the 34th commander in chief chatted, if you will, with aliens at a New Mexico air base, according to reports.

No definitive proof has ever surfaced to confirm this president-meets-aliens tale. However, according to Timothy Good, Eisenhower and FBI officials arranged for the out-of-this-world summit at Holloman Air Force Base.

"Aliens have made both formal and informal contact with thousands of people throughout the world from all walks of life," Good, an author, lecturer and former consultant to Congress and the Pentagon, said on Frank Skinner's BBC2 program, "Opinionated."

Eisenhower Met With ETs Says Ex-Government Consultant

Ye they were Borg trying to assimilate him.

I'm just content, that it MADE the news, being such an old story...could this be more subtle disclosure?

Are we being primed by the media to accept the ET hypothesis? (even tho us lot already do)

so that one day not far away, we will be informed it WAS true all along but NOW we are ready for it?

Granted, but theres never any 'proof' with any sighting/meeting/encounter is there? If there was, we'd know once and for all the ET scenario was proven!

But its good that the press will run stories like this instead of brushing it all under the carpet, IMO!

There could be proof.

1) Witness statements- the article says there were "many witnesses", they could be found and questioned.

2) Film footage- either videos or photos. Was there a security camera in the room, hidden or visible? Was there a photographer present?

3) Were there records kept about each meeting? Was there a stenographer writing down the discussions?

4) Any other physical evidence left behind?

5) is the source of the information reliable? I believe this is an aspect of any story that should be looked into. I'll admit here that I don't know the credibility of this source, hoping someone else might.

The list above is applied to this news article, but in general could be used for many other cases such as other alleged contacts with aliens. So yes, there are ways to obtain more information and possible "proof" (depending on what you would consider proof) on these stories. Just because it's difficult to find proof doesn't mean it isn't there. or it could be a total hogwash story where there really is nothing to research.

And gosh we wouldn't want that.

Brushing what under the carpet? Fictitious stories that have nothing to do with reality?

There could be proof.

1) Witness statements- the article says there were "many witnesses", they could be found and questioned.

2) Film footage- either videos or photos. Was there a security camera in the room, hidden or visible? Was there a photographer present?

3) Were there records kept about each meeting? Was there a stenographer writing down the discussions?

4) Any other physical evidence left behind?

5) is the source of the information reliable? I believe this is an aspect of any story that should be looked into. I'll admit here that I don't know the credibility of this source, hoping someone else might.

One more: time, date, and location. Every moment of the President's activities are documented. He is always around other people. If the story can't give a time, date, and location of the meeting, that's because any that they make up will contradict with what the President was actually doing.

One more: time, date, and location. Every moment of the President's activities are documented. He is always around other people. If the story can't give a time, date, and location of the meeting, that's because any that they make up will contradict with what the President was actually doing.

Do not! Do not...apply current logic to 40 or 50 years ago. I suspect 40 or 50 years ago the presidents did many things....'unaccounted for' and had free time unobserved..

Do not! Do not...apply current logic to 40 or 50 years ago. I suspect 40 or 50 years ago the presidents did many things....'unaccounted for' and had free time unobserved..

The article says there were "many witnesses", which would leave me to believe he was not alone during these supposed "encounters". And sorry, but your suspicion is not enough for me to firmly believe he had contacts with ET's. Like Scowl said, there are just not enough details given to support the claims. If this is researched further and more solid evidence is found/revealed, I'd certainly be interested in reading it. But right now, with the little information we have, I'm a skeptic on this one.

The article says there were "many witnesses", which would leave me to believe he was not alone during these supposed "encounters". And sorry, but your suspicion is not enough for me to firmly believe he had contacts with ET's. Like Scowl said, there are just not enough details given to support the claims. If this is researched further and more solid evidence is found/revealed, I'd certainly be interested in reading it. But right now, with the little information we have, I'm a skeptic on this one.

welcome to sceptic land! Many folk inhabit it with you?

I can't speak for everybody :P But for myself, I'm fine with it.

It just doesn't make sense that a species that is capable of interstellar travel would come to Earth and have secret meetings with our government. Why Earth? Certainly not for the resources. If you can travel between the stars than there are plenty of places that are easier to farm for resources. And if the resource in question is people, then why not just create your own species to do your slave labor? If you can figure out possible FTL travel, then I'm sure you can figure out how to grow your own slaves.

I can't think of one legitimate reason for ET's to have secret contact with the US government. Don't get me wrong, it would be cool and all, I just don't see the feasibility of it.

Yes, because as Benjamin Franklin once said, three can keep a secret if two are dead.

I just find it hard to believe when they say things like, ''there were many witnesses''

Where are all these alleged witnesses? And why have none of these witnesses come forth to say they were present when this alleged meeting took place?

You're not going to tell me that they were all the type of person who will never tell. One person did (or made up the story) so why not the others?

This would have been the biggest story ever. Bigger even than any biblical story.

IMO it is a load of codswallop :)

I know that many people see this as viable, if not in this thread, but I do not understand why people would believe it, What has this supposed meeting accomplished? And did they just sit down and agree to keep the rest of the world in the dark? We have no major technology inovations, each and every invention has a long history associated with it, so I do not see any advantage there. I really think Eisenhower's personal pursuits i.e. Eisenhower, who was president from 1953 to 1961, is known to have had a strong belief in life on other planets. are more likely what stared tongues wagging and created a chinese whisper that is still going strong today.

I do not see what this important meeting culminated in.

Indeed Englishgent, where are all these witnesses?

Edited by psyche101

The Majestic 12 can't keep this under wraps forever, because it's too good to be true...someone please confirm the hard evidence or the news source. Eyewitnesses present in the alledged event about 60 years ago still alive today should be at least be allowed to discuss what they saw and encountered any aliens in the air base. We need proof positive or off to the trashbin it goes. <_<

Edited by Mike the Autist-ic