Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fifty signs of the Second Coming of Jesus

Alan McDougall

1) Increasing instability of nature.

(Matthew 24:7 & Luke 21:11)

2) Increasing lawlessness and violence.

(Matthew 24:12)

3) Increasing immorality.

(Matthew 24:37)

4) Increasing materialism.

(2 Timothy 3:2)

5) Increasing Hedonism.

(2 Timothy 3:4)

6) Increasing influence of Humanism.

7) Depraved entertainment.

(2 Timothy 3:4)

8) Calling evil good and good evil.

(2 Timothy 3:3 & Isaiah 5:20)

9) Increasing use of drugs.

(2 Timothy 3:3)

10) Increasing blasphemy.

11) Increasing paganism.

(2 Timothy 3:1-4)

12) Increasing despair.

(2 Timothy 3:1)

13) Signs in the heavens.

(Luke 21:11,25)

14) Increasing knowledge.

(Daniel 12:4)

15) Increasing travel.

(Daniel 12:4)

16) The explosion of cults.

(Matthew 24:11)

17) The proliferation of false christs.

(Matthew 24:5)

18) Increasing apostasy in the Church.

(2 Timothy 4:3-5)

19) Increasing attacks on Jesus.

(Romans 1:18-19)

20) Increasing attacks on the Bible.

(Romans 1:18-19)

21) Increasing persecution of Christians.

(Matthew 24:9)

22) Increasing occultism.

(1 Timothy 4:1)

23) Wars and rumors of wars.

(Matthew 24:6)

24) Weapons of mass destruction.

(Luke 21:26)

25) Increasing famine.

(Luke 21:11)

26) Increasing pestilence.

(Luke 21:11)

27) Computer technology.

(Revelation 13:7)

28) Television.

(Revelation 11:8-9)

29) Satellite technology.

(Revelation 11:8-9)

30) Virtual reality.

(Revelation 13:14-15)

31) Unification of Europe.

(Daniel 2 & 7)

32) Far Eastern military powers.

(Revelation 9:16 & 16:12)

33) Movement toward world government.

(Daniel 7:23-26)

34) Regathering of the Jews.

(Isaiah 11:10-12)

35) Re-establishment of Israel.

(Isaiah 66:7-8)

36) Reclamation of the land of Israel.

(Ezekiel 36:34-35)

37) Revival of Biblical Hebrew.

(Zephaniah 3:9; Jeremiah 31:23)

38) Re-occupation of Jerusalem.

(Luke 21:24)

39) Resurgence of the Israeli military.

(Zechariah 12:6)

40) Re-focusing of world politics on Israel.

(Zechariah 12:3)

41) Russian threat to Israel.

(Ezekiel 38 and 39)

42) Arab threat to Israel.

(Ezekiel 35 and 36)

43) Denial of the Second Coming.

(2 Peter 3:3-4)

44) Denial of creation by God.

(Romans 1:18-22)

45) Outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

(Joel 2:28-29)

46) Translation of the Bible into many languages.

(Matthew 24:14)

47) Preaching of the Gospel worldwide.

(Matthew 24:14)

48) The revival of Messianic Judaism.

(Romans 9:27)

49) The revival of Davidic praise worship.

(Amos 9:11)

50) The understanding of Bible prophecy.

(Daniel 12:8-9)

This list could be greatly expanded, but the 50 examples above should be sufficient to show that we are living in the season of the Lord's return.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rlyeh

• and-then

• libstaK

• Englishgent

Wow. None of that is subjective....... /sarcasm

Or sourced, for that matter.

I think you're also missing Matthew 24:36. You know, the whole part about "no man shall know the hour" etc.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

This list could be greatly expanded, but the 50 examples above should be sufficient to show that we are living in the season of the Lord's return.

Wow...

Can you even imagine how many times that sentence has been uttered in the past 2000 years?

Edited by aquatus1

They were pretty pathetic actually.

Increasing instability of nature? Like Ice ages, asteroid impact, supervolcanos.. oh wait.

Increasing immorality, violence? Have you bothered to look what actions were acceptable throughout human history?

Increasing paganism? As compared to well.. when most religions were pagan?

Increasing knowledge? Oh please. Humans learn, therefore its the end times.

Computer technology.

Television.

Virtual reality.

Yeah, those verses clearly spoke of these things. You're grasping at straws.

The end is neigh!!!

Dont pack your bags just yet, It's going to be a long season :)

The end is neigh!!!

Isn't that what Mr Ed said ? :huh:

Isn't that what Mr Ed said ? :huh:

I noticed the mistake after the fact, but I think it works just fine. :innocent:

I noticed the mistake after the fact, but I think it works just fine. :innocent:

I thought it was deliberate and quite clever :w00t:

Uh, guys? You're proving his point. So far all the comments could be classified as being from "scoffers" :innocent: And as far as sourcing, what could be a more reliable source to a Christian than a book we believe to be inspired by the Creator Himself? If a person has faith in God then everything else pales in comparison to that whereas if a person only has faith in themselves as the supreme arbiter they can be left wondering what it was all for and finding no satisfying answers. Either way, we're all headed to the same destination and once there we'll have the answer. ;) see ya on the other side :)

Uh, guys? You're proving his point. So far all the comments could be classified as being from "scoffers" :innocent: And as far as sourcing, what could be a more reliable source to a Christian than a book we believe to be inspired by the Creator Himself? If a person has faith in God then everything else pales in comparison to that whereas if a person only has faith in themselves as the supreme arbiter they can be left wondering what it was all for and finding no satisfying answers. Either way, we're all headed to the same destination and once there we'll have the answer. ;) see ya on the other side :)

Exactly, but I don't see it as proving his point, your comment cuts both ways. He has not, for instance, given me any passage in the bible as reference which mentions Russia .....

It is like a 2000 year long game of "No, really THIS time there really is a wolf".

I am stunned that people fall for this stuff. I could see it when it was in the same generation of the supposed jesus...but millennium later some people still believe it.

There will always be more perceived lawlessness and so on. Our grandparents thought their kids were unruly and their grandparents thought they were unruly. It goes way back:

“Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates

Any quote, no matter how silly will come true if you give it long enough. We are talking thousands of years...billions of people...trillions of events. Open-ended claims are really nothing to live your life by.

On a related note, did you know that there is no definition for the word "Gullible" in the dictionary? Wild, huh?

Uh, guys? You're proving his point. So far all the comments could be classified as being from "scoffers" :innocent:

Of course they are. Doesn't make them wrong, though.

And as far as sourcing, what could be a more reliable source to a Christian than a book we believe to be inspired by the Creator Himself?

Inspired, maybe, but heavily edited by man. Want a more reliable source? Look to Nature, built by God Himself (presumably), and which man could not edit if he wanted to.

If a person has faith in God then everything else pales in comparison to that whereas if a person only has faith in themselves as the supreme arbiter they can be left wondering what it was all for and finding no satisfying answers. Either way, we're all headed to the same destination and once there we'll have the answer. ;) see ya on the other side :)

You also have the option of having faith in God, and making sure you aren't putting your faith in a message that's been heavily edited by the messengers.

250 to one on offer by UK bookmakers William Hill for the pope to confirm the second coming by the end of 2012, the true believers apparently not that keen to put money up. The question in my mind is how anyone might authenticate such a happening, I'm not sure the pope would be better able than anyone else to make the call.

Immorality? I find it rather humorous that the bible would dictate a sense of morality, considering Abraham sacrificed his own son. Not to mention that it also condemned a woman to marriage of her rapist.

The Bible is a load of crock.

Uh, guys? You're proving his point. So far all the comments could be classified as being from "scoffers" :innocent:

If you give self-fulling prophecy merit.
And as far as sourcing, what could be a more reliable source to a Christian than a book we believe to be inspired by the Creator Himself?
I would hope factual history, but I know I'm wrong.
If a person has faith in God then everything else pales in comparison to that whereas if a person only has faith in themselves as the supreme arbiter they can be left wondering what it was all for and finding no satisfying answers. Either way, we're all headed to the same destination and once there we'll have the answer. ;) see ya on the other side :)

You know confirmation bias isn't a good thing.

Immorality? I find it rather humorous that the bible would dictate a sense of morality, considering Abraham sacrificed his own son. Not to mention that it also condemned a woman to marriage of her rapist.

The Bible is a load of crock.

Slavery, killing non-believers, killing people who worked on the sabbath, offering your daughters to rapists; that kind of stuff was moral back then.

There are no rumours of wars any more. Modern communications means that we know if a war is definitely happening, or not happening, anywhere on earth.

Slavery, killing non-believers, killing people who worked on the sabbath, offering your daughters to rapists; that kind of stuff was moral back then.

Not moral by today's standards, which truly matters... and, in this context, we are referring to current affairs. T'was moral back then because people were stupid, and didn't know any better.

Well...I've certainly been put in MY place! :blink: It's amusing how excitable most everyone here gets about matters of faith. When someone professes it they absolutely MUST be taken to task and lectured over why they are a bit dim or should be embarrassed to be showing their ignorance. I actually respect the opinions of non believers. I was one for a major portion of my life. But I notice that from most here who post, that respect is not returned. Surely a simple minded believer in myths is no threat to your worldview? Oh my...

Alan,

Is your post your own interperetations of the bible or information you've been told/aquired? Most of the passages I went through (listed by number below) do not reflect what you've claimed here. You're backing up claims with scripture that doesn't match them or if so, not in the way you've implied.

1) both passages cited refer to earthquakes, pestilence, famine. It doesn't mention an increase or special quality thereof. There are hundreds and hundreds of earthquakes throughout the globe yearly and it's questionable whether this has actually increased or if the improvement of our ability to measure and report them gives the appearance of an increase.

2)This states that lawlessness is in abundance, no specification of increasing or decreasing. Lawlessness has been pretty constant throughout recorded history.

3)This passage says absolutely nothing about immorality. It points to a link between Jesus and Noah and that the godless will die (read on to the next verse and it begins explaining how some people are prepared and some are not)

4)people always have and always will be lovers of money. Please explain how this is different today than at the time of Jesus? He kicked money changers out of a temple...the equivalent of this today would be if churches had merchants or shops in them and commercial breaks during the service. Mark 11:15–19, 11:27–33, Matthew 21:12–17, 21:23–27 and Luke 19:45–48, 20:1–8

5)This doesn't say anything about an increase today from yesteryear, it's such a small verse and not specific about anything, really.

6)same as #4

7)As other posters have already said, the bible has plenty of references to depraved entertainment happening during its writing.

8)What you said is not at all what the verse says.

9) #8, again.

10) this doesn't specify blasphemy, or an increase thereof.

11) this passage doesn't say anything about paganism or even false religions or gods, you're applying it to your own assumption about what people who practice paganism are like.

12)what you said is not what the passage says

13)the only accurate one I've found thus far.

14)also accurate

15)it references travel but not an increase. it could just as easily be interpereted as people being confused.

16)it says many false prophets shall rise, to you that means cults, to me that means televangelists and Harold Camping.

17)the specification is that those false christs will perform great signs and wonders. I've not heard of anyone who can do such amazing feats as to fool the entire world into believing they're some kind of savior or even magician. The closest I can think of is the Papacy, but that would be saying the entire line of the papacy has been demons rather than humans, as Jesus specified these false Christs are not men but demons. (Revelation 16:14)

18)this has been pretty constant for quite a long time.

19)did you actually read this passage and those before and after it?

20)same as above.

27 - 30) You're interpereting these passages in a very specific way that does not jive with what the passages actually say. You're applying meaning to them that does not belong there and that clouds any possible truth you could find in them.

Ok I'm actually tired of going through the list. This post is getting too long anyway. But let me share some more scripture with you.

2 Peter 3:16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Matthew 13:13-15 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Matthew 13:19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.

In my opinion, you're putting words in the mouth of God. No human being has the right to do so or to spread such lies, yet this is quite common and really muddles the actual word of God.

To the OP, Alan McDougall. How do you account for Paul's anxious expectation of an imminent parousia? In his writings it is clear he expected the parousia during his lifetime. Many scholars have agreed that Thessalonians I was re-written to deflect this delayed parousia.

This begs the question; if Paul got something so important, so wrong, what else did he misunderstand?

Edited by redhen