Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The battle between good and evil

UM-Bot

Kim Rain: In early 2011, newspapers reported the heartbreaking murder of a 2-year-old boy by his own mother. The Fort Wayne woman and her roommate, convinced that their children were possessed, forced them to drink a mixture of olive oil and vinegar in an attempt to drive the demons out. The other three children vomited up the vile mixture, while the 2-year-old’s mother held her hand over his mouth to force him to swallow. She compressed his neck and released his own soul from his body. Convicted for murder in June, her roommate pled guilty to her own role in the death last month.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Crazy stuff. The true evil here is ignorance. Within the mind.

Crazy stuff, perhaps not. The modern mentalily does not accept this easily, unless it is experienced first hand. I would not wish that on anyone. These experiences happen world wide and all through history. Our belief systems limit us, no matter what they are, so I understand your not believing in them. Perhaps it is better not to.

• 8 months later...

yeah i also agree with you. our modern belief system religious or non religious tend to limit what they believe and try to find an answer in science for everything. so as you said if you do not want to believe you shouldn't even try to. i have seen many such scenarios and witnessed many things in my lifetime which i still cannot explain. however read this article i posted below which will give you some other good ideas of Good Vs Evil and how it affects to human condition.

http://www.worldtransformation.com/good-vs-evil/

I'll bet religion had something to do with it. Blind faith inspires all sorts of strange behavior in humans, and despite the upside to religion, it is well documented how so many of these freaky murders are performed by religious zealots.

The human mind is a strange thing sometimes.... :whistle:

Evil can come out of ignorance...based on falsehoods of exorcising a person to death, like the Inquisition policies under the Roman Catholic church in the medieval ages believed they were doing "good" to eradicate "evil" out of peoples' souls, except it's over religious and cultural differences the church felt was "bad" and they insist the "soul" was lost when they aren't with the church's theological belief stances.

Another thing to point out evil was done by governments by politics not in favor of human rights (life, liberty and dignity) such as the Stalin era of communist Russia, the Nazi racial dogma of Adolf Hitler, the Japanese occupation of east and southeast Asia during WW2, the Taliban's oppressive policies in the name of religious virtue in pre-9/11 era Afghanistan and so on. The US government has done some harm too like the eradication of Native Americans and the implantation of oppressive dictatorships around the world during the cold war to equally proved to commit murderous behavior and violate human rights.

For anyone to justify "evil" was to bring forth social equality, cultural homogenity, democracy, morality and national expansion to me is inexcusible and not entirely acceptable, because you cannot bring forth good by commiting or supporting evil actions. To escape an "evil spirit" leading up to someones' death is negligible manslaughter, because you took away a life in the process of a false belief of doing good to save someone's soul by physical means of pain, torture and imprisonment...one's intent was meant to be good and just, but someone died under their care and supervision.

People's ignorance of things causing people to turn against people has lead to some acts of evil, from persecution to genocide, to promote a "perfect" moral social order or political status is not going to come out any bit good.

• Like 1