Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostly image causes a stir

Still Waters

A photo that appears to capture a ghostly image of a nun on The Long Walk has been causing a stir in the city this week.

Local photographer Jonathan Curran was taking a series of 13 photographs of the picturesque area in an attempt to create a panoramic view when he came across something very unusual in one of his shots.

One of the images, which were taken less than a minute apart, appears to show an isolated female figure with the appearance of a 19th century Claddagh nun.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I'd like to see the other photos for comparison it looks good to me :tu:

Looks like a lady walking her dog and wearing a hooded coat, which would be normal for this time of year. Had this been a hot summer's day it might have been more convincing.

(one of the comments in the link suggests a black and white dog can be seen to her left, which I agree with, altough this could be a case of pareidolia.)

The photogrpaher says this figure was not in other photographs, but we dont get to see those.:)

edit,,,,ref the pareidolia, I mean the dog, not the lady :)

Edited by Englishgent

There's something not right about his story. He says the ghost only appeared in one of his photos which were taken less than a minute apart and that nobody seemed to notice the ghost [lets just call it a ghost]. But there ARE no other people in his photo to notice or not notice the ghost. Secondly they're calling it an 'elderly woman'. But looking at the photo, there's nothing to suggest the ghost is elderly - actually her hair looks black. Doubt is arising in my mind.

So where is the before and after shots? (cause they would have time stamps)

This story is just stupid.

• Like 1

Hey everybody, I've been a Lurker for a bit, and this is my first comment, why are the other 12 photographs not offered up to compare with this mysterious photo?

If the photos are taken one minute apart it doesn't matter if there is no woman on the other ones.

This completely ordinary woman out on a walk would have had time to dissapear in that minute.

It amazes me that this kind of thing and others just as easily explained stuff gets in the papers nowdays.

Zam

Right on Zam, still, considering the wide panoramic perspective of the photo, a woman walking her dog may have still been captured.

Unless of course she continued to walk directly toward the camera and cannon balled into to lake.

Why is the photo so blurry? I dont know if he was a professional or not but he wasnt going to end up with a very good quality panorama.

Agree with Zam. Even if this IS paranormal the evidence doesn't support it. Its anecdotal at best.

I'm not sure exactly what was captured here, whether it's a fraud or something normal and innocuous. But it's pretty obvious that the brown cloth is draped over the wall and resting against the stones, with no human form filling it.

Has anyone been able to see the enlarged photo? Because the link from the article is not working for me... I keep getting a flashing message saying that I won a iphone.

Unless of course she continued to walk directly toward the camera and cannon balled into to lake.

Hahahahaha. Would be funny.

It must be my browser...I can not see this photo properly, so I am giving up on this one.