Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The hole which is shrouded in mystery

Still Waters

From Bigfoot to the disappearance of D.B. Cooper, the Pacific Northwest is full of mysteries. Another mystery buried deep in the hills of eastern Washington keeps resurfacing.

Ellensburg and its surrounding valleys and Manastash Ridge are beautiful in any season.

Some believe what lies beneath is a deep, dark hole with supernatural powers.

A man named Red Elk is one of the only people alive known to have ever seen the mysterious hole.

A Native American Shaman, or medicine man, Red Elk said his dad first showed him the hole in 1961.

"He said 'This is an endless hole,'" Red Elk said.

Red Elk's been back many times and said strange things happen every time he goes near it.

"People get it confused with what I call the devil's hole," he said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Reminds me of the 2nd story on the Encounters with the Unknown show that Rod Serling did back in '73. I wonder if any noises were coming up from this hole?

• Like 2

It's so strange and so powerful that it effects people that goes near it. And yet someone build a three-foot wall around it! lol.

• Like 2

Someone needs to do a documentary on this. Would be interesting to watch.

• Like 1

Someone needs to do a documentary on this. Would be interesting to watch.

I would be interested in watching it. A bit of background. Lowering the camera. Maybe a person on a harness.

Someone hurry up and find it.

And when you do, instead of sending a packet of life savers, send a night vision camera down =D

The gateway to Hell ?...they're coming to take me away ha ha .seriously,lets find it someone and solve the mystery,contact Red Elk and get him to lead a party to where it is..cheers..

Good News - I have located the "White Box" area on the map

Bad News - The white box is not there so you can see clearly!

Odd News - What IS there is..... a big black hole!!!

Unfortunately it is a pretty large hole I am guessing is about 10 car lengths across and might just be a large round dip in the earth that has shadow across it to give it a black impression, but it is still quite noticeable and stands out and IS in the same area that is supposedly blanked out in past satellite images!

• Like 1

Good News - I have located the "White Box" area on the map

Bad News - The white box is not there so you can see clearly!

Odd News - What IS there is..... a big black hole!!!

Unfortunately it is a pretty large hole I am guessing is about 10 car lengths across and might just be a large round dip in the earth that has shadow across it to give it a black impression, but it is still quite noticeable and stands out and IS in the same area that is supposedly blanked out in past satellite images!

Did you register on UN just to comment this?

UN registration police...nice. Everyone who follows UN and comments, had to make a first comment on a story somewhere. Guess the one above is my first. ;)

• Like 1

Mel sold the property to the U.S. Government which promptly put a steel cover over the hole and put up a ten foot fence around the property to keep people out. It was probably an old volcano vent based on its location. People had thrown junk cars and animal carcasses down it for years before that. It was blocked from the Google Earth for a long time like other secret military installations. Mel claimed to have lowered a bucket of water down the hole and when he brought it back up it had turned to ice but it was on fire. People thought he was nuts but scientists a couple months later made fire from ice using radio waves to separate the hydrogen which was set on fire and burned fire from ice just as Mel described. Interesting to say the least.

I would be interested in watching it. A bit of background. Lowering the camera. Maybe a person on a harness.

Yeah exactly. Would definitly be watchable. lol

Well I like that he signed up to post somehting useful..... :rolleyes:

Mel Waters hole. A extended writeup on this place and the second hole that was discovered can be read at:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/08/mel-waters-and-the-devil%e2%80%99s-holes/

Excellent read. Worth checking out.

Thanks for posting that. :tu:

Am I the only one who totally thought something else when they read the thread title?

lol!! :tu:

As for the subject at hand. I believe Sakari is out around that way. Wonder if he's heard about this? I'd be interested in making an expedition to seek this out and debunk everything about it. Sometimes the journey has greater worth than the destination.

well this is interesting. Where my parents are from in their village, there is also something similar to this, it is even called the devils hole but in Spanish and its between the road of my parents village and the next village which is a 30 minute distance its mountains with curved steep roads and people claim the devil lives inside and nobody has ever gone inside it. At night its freaking scary Ive passed through there at night, I don't even look down.

i've already heard this tale before however i believe its all a fabrication by many people's supposed stories on the topic.

Tamsen.

To be perfectly honest, I find your comment hard to believe. Your profile states you have been a member since 4th August 07, yet you have only 6 posts. Were your other 5 posts along the same lines as this one or have you actually contributed in some way to the topics?

Everyone has to have a first post. :)

(if for some reason you have made more than 6 posts and this is purely an admin error, then please disregard what I just typed :) )