Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The hole which is shrouded in mystery

Still Waters

Yes it is the Real gateway to hell, it's totally true that if you go down that you will pass through the gates of hell because the gateway to hell in that hole is 1500+ degrees farenheit so you will melt and also the hole has to stop somewhere because it cant be bottomless, somewhere down there is probably molten rock, the pressures from the surrounding rock should force any hole to stop going too deep.

lol!! :tu:

As for the subject at hand. I believe Sakari is out around that way. Wonder if he's heard about this? I'd be interested in making an expedition to seek this out and debunk everything about it. Sometimes the journey has greater worth than the destination.

That would be cool. I bet there are quite a few "Mysterious" shows that have done bits on this hole.

Sakari lives at the far south end of Oregon, so he does live quite far away.

perhaps thes types of holes are for aleins for mining apparently they come here to mine minerals right so makes sense they would do this at a great depth one would assume with the technology they have ,the govenment could be hiding the operation for them ,makes more sense than just a magical hole that appers to be made be intellegent life just sitting there for no reason ,also i dismiss the hollow earth theorys usually these holes in the ground are not very large and have debris in the way

Yes it is the Real gateway to hell, it's totally true that if you go down that you will pass through the gates of hell because the gateway to hell in that hole is 1500+ degrees farenheit so you will melt and also the hole has to stop somewhere because it cant be bottomless, somewhere down there is probably molten rock, the pressures from the surrounding rock should force any hole to stop going too deep.

The pressures would also force any molten rock to the surface creating a perfectly natural volcano. But there is no active volcano, therefore the possibility of exposed molten rock at the bottom of the hole doesnt really hold up. :)

I remember some BS story about some guy throwing his dead dog in the hole, a few days later he noticed someone walking a dog that looked just like his dead one, some how it was concluded the hole brought his dog back to life.

Mel Waters hole. A extended writeup on this place and the second hole that was discovered can be read at:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/08/mel-waters-and-the-devil%e2%80%99s-holes/

Excellent read. Worth checking out.

Thanks for that article, interesting read untill it gets to the tumour-seal offspring part...

Did you register on UN just to comment this?

No, I registered to poke myself in the eye 3 times and explain my pain!

Of course I registered to comment, that is the entire point of having a comment system is it not???

With that slight sarcastic dig put aside, and instead going back to my original comment for the rest of the slightly friendlier users of this site.....

I watched the video attached to the article and he states (and the video then shows) a satellite image with a white box area blocking the view of a particular area.

devils_hole_satellite_photo-300x162.jpg

And with the help of google maps I believe I have found the area that was hidden and that although there is no visible alien base or satan's minions rising from the underworld showing on Google Maps..... there is an unusual looking (but much larger) big black hole like shape in the ground, deep in the woods located at: 46.960522,-120.804741

But since then I have looked on Bing Maps at the exact location and there doesn't appear to be a black hole/pond/indent or whatever, there! So I am curious what the black "hole" shape is on Google that is not on Bing and why it happens to be directly under the "White Box" shown in the above satellite image from the article.

Perfectly reasonable explanations and simple coincidences are bound to be available, but it just adds yet another fascinating conspiracy to the entire urban legend I felt.

• Like 1

No, I registered to poke myself in the eye 3 times and explain my pain!

Of course I registered to comment, that is the entire point of having a comment system is it not???

With that slight sarcastic dig put aside, and instead going back to my original comment for the rest of the slightly friendlier users of this site.....

I watched the video attached to the article and he states (and the video then shows) a satellite image with a white box area blocking the view of a particular area.

devils_hole_satellite_photo-300x162.jpg

And with the help of google maps I believe I have found the area that was hidden and that although there is no visible alien base or satan's minions rising from the underworld showing on Google Maps..... there is an unusual looking (but much larger) big black hole like shape in the ground, deep in the woods located at: 46.960522,-120.804741

But since then I have looked on Bing Maps at the exact location and there doesn't appear to be a black hole/pond/indent or whatever, there! So I am curious what the black "hole" shape is on Google that is not on Bing and why it happens to be directly under the "White Box" shown in the above satellite image from the article.

Perfectly reasonable explanations and simple coincidences are bound to be available, but it just adds yet another fascinating conspiracy to the entire urban legend I felt.

Nice work.

On google maps it does look a lot like a huge shadow covering the area more than an actual hole. There is no sign of the wall around it though. Also is the picture of that part been taken form a different angle on the satellite? Cause the trees, ground and air seem completely different to the area to the right.

They need to send a proper team up there and take proper photographs. It's interesting wondering if it's a natural hole or someone built it. (if it's actually there)

Edited by Coffey

Tamsen.

To be perfectly honest, I find your comment hard to believe. Your profile states you have been a member since 4th August 07, yet you have only 6 posts. Were your other 5 posts along the same lines as this one or have you actually contributed in some way to the topics?

Everyone has to have a first post. :)

(if for some reason you have made more than 6 posts and this is purely an admin error, then please disregard what I just typed :) )

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

It's really ironic that the perosn who signed up actually gave valid information yet Tamsen just trolls. :rolleyes:

Mel Waters hole. A extended writeup on this place and the second hole that was discovered can be read at:

http://mysteriousuni...2%80%99s-holes/

Excellent read. Worth checking out.

Thanks for that article, interesting read untill it gets to the tumour-seal offspring part...

Thanks for the link, cleared up a few questions for me.

Well DKO the story definitely went in a direction I didn't expect, tumour-seal offspring and bullet proof birds emerging from a bottomless pit.

They will never get to the bottom of this one ;)

Waters presents all the hallmarks of schizophrenia: delusions, intense visual and auditory hallucinations, dysfunctional social and work relationships, laxity in personal hygiene and appearance, and the aforementioned symptoms continuing past 6 months in duration. I'm betting he's on antipsychotics like perphenazine and clozapine.

The gateway to Hell ?...they're coming to take me away ha ha .seriously,lets find it someone and solve the mystery,contact Red Elk and get him to lead a party to where it is..cheers..

Ya know that old Native American won't lead anyone up there,He just want's the plub just to make a little name for himself.

Am I the only one who totally thought something else when they read the thread title?

No :lol: Every time I see the title it makes me laugh.

Mel stated that he'd tried to measure the depth of the hole by lowering a weighted fishing line into it. He told Art Bell he'd lowered 80,000 feet of fishing line into the hole with a one-pound weight at the end. He didn't say what pound test the line was, or whether it was monofilament or braided. He did say he bought it in 5000-yard spools. I found these available online for $40 for the thinnest, cheapest 10-pound test line all the way up to $1300 for braided, hollow core 130-pound line. So if Mel's on his sixth spool, he's got anywhere between 48 and 230 pounds of fishing line hanging, according to the published shipping weights of those spools that I was able to find. Would it hold?
Falling into Mel's Hole at Skeptoid.com

Why do people think that fishing lines have no weight?

"And to this day, no one's been able to find it, since that famous radio conversation." - This Says It All To Me :rolleyes:

My first thought was "Hmmm... That's pretty cool - though I'm sure there is a logical reason for it..."

Then I read the full article - and when he went on about other mysterious holes - that no one else can get to - and other things... This guy is 100% making it up (IMO)...

Am I the only one who totally thought something else when they read the thread title?

yes ,

you sicko

if im thinking what your thinking .

Glory H

Funny... I've lived in WA state for most of my life and have never heard of this before. I'll have to check it out!

Funny... I've lived in WA state for most of my life and have never heard of this before. I'll have to check it out!

The full article from Mysterious Universe was pretty interesting...

• 2 weeks later...

id almost be willing to bet its got a lot to do with the major fault line an old old lava tube seal over some where down in it but bet if some one checks thay'll find its on a fault line..lol or the shadow people live there

since that work for the goverment

• 2 weeks later...

This is the image I got.

46°57'38.09" N 120°48'16.89" W

I have lived in Washington most all my life I have never heard of this near Ellensburg. However I heard of one near Vancouver-Longview,WA area where the owner had dumped all kinds of things down it and had filled it only for the stuff to disappear. I contend that that one is connected to the ocean at the bottom and that the tide washes the stuff out.