Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost vanishes after painting of her returns

Still Waters

As ghosts go, she was rather a cultured specimen.

The pale Edwardian figure made frequent visits to the mansion home of Alan Smith, always accompanied by the music of Chopin, according to the startled souls who bore witness.

Her interest in the house was a mystery – until the discovery of a long-lost painting that appeared to feature the very same person, sitting at a piano.

When the portrait was returned to Heale House’s drawing room, the sightings stopped.

Mr Smith was so fascinated he decided to investigate the history of the painting – and uncovered the sad story of the uninvited guest.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nyuk

• diablo_04

• The Dreamer - Hybrid89

• Jester Harlot

What a sad story. Sadden by having to sell all her belongings, she then roamed the old house after her death. She looked like a kindly woman too.

Perhaps she lives in the painting now.

Who knows?????

Strange how that painting turned up after all those years though.

Good tale, spooky as well ;)

I had a painting of some dogs playing poker hanging in my living room for years. Finally got rid of the damn thing. Now my home is filled with the smell of cigar smoke, there's dog hair everywhere, and fleas!

Still, it's better than that ugly ass painting.

This is a sad story with a happy ending and that only took over a hundred years of haunting. Rest in peace Mrs Bell.

I just wish there were some photos of the ghost.

Or videos would be better :)

How come this ghost has been wandering around for ages, yet not one person thought:.....oh i will just get a few piccies?????

Anything is possible, to say otherwise, well your a bit thick headed.

The sorry it'a a cliche, and as @reggie2011 said "lol people will do anything for fame=money", its true....I can only guess how much is the price of the painting now.(painting with this kind of a story will cost a lot of $$$)

The sorry it'a a cliche, and as @reggie2011 said "lol people will do anything for fame=money", its true....I can only guess how much is the price of the painting now.(painting with this kind of a story will cost a lot of $$$)

Very valid point ;)

Whoa, that is so cool! :D I love the picture, it is so beautiful and so was she.

i actually saw the painting of her sat at the piano,the story was featured on a BBC program called Antiques Roadshow last weekend, its just one man's word when he was trying to get the picture of the lady at the piano valued...It appears the story had no effect on the price either, worth about £500