Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A thought on Time Travel

NemoMysterio

So I've been thinking about Doc Brown a lot and quoting a lot of BTTF (Back to the future) lines in work for poops and giggles. Then I actually got thinking about time travel.

Let's just say, for the sake of the discussion, that I owned a large plot of land. I then cleared it and made a runway on it. Then I purchased some planes, helecopters, cars etc and kept them there in hangars and garages. Then I inform some one (government etc) that it's specifically for time travelers from the future and that it will remain as such forever. Then waited....

I wonder if anything would happen!Would anyone come back? Reason being is if I did that and then, in the future, time travel was possible and my runway was still there it's a guaranteed safe spot (as far back as it's construction at least,) to travel too/from. Know what I mean? Presuming of course that you need to move to travel in time like in BTTF. Or Terminator rules where you just land in 1 spot in which case the landing zone would be like a cul-de-sac at the end of the runway.

The cars annd planes etc are for the future folk to travel to where ever to do what ever it was they came back to do.

Does that make sense? I hope so. It's just a stupid thought I had while chomping a bacon sandwich at work. It would, of course, be limited to the date I made the runway and beyond. Which is a bit rubbish...

I'd apreciate your thoughts on this be it good or bad.

Thank you!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NemoMysterio

• JayMark

• psyche101

• dest

I'm sure time travelers from the future would be grateful for your preparations for them. I don't know if time travel is possible or not, but saying anything is impossible is a big presumption.

According to quantum mechanics elementary particles have no way of knowing in what direction of time they are evolving. Theoretically they could travel either way in time, there is no law that prohibits them from traveling into the past. If a device could be built and its atoms could somehow be coaxed into a reverse waveform evolution, maybe the device would sail backward in the time dimension.

I'm just speculating, but who knows what technology could be developed in our future or by some advanced intelligent life-forms elsewhere in our galaxy?

I can tell you right now that time travel is impossible.

Otherwise, we would currently be swamped with visitors from every point in the future.

Impossible wouldent use that word though I dont think it will be used in that way to change the past cause if we do change the past the future will change maybe we are already swaped by ppl from every time period in the future though I dont belive that and why im saying this is possible is because some time ago there was a discovery that the image in the mirror is actually 10 seconds older that the real life it self and it was also proved to be that and if we go back a litle there are sea men in the past that claim that they have had odd experiences from the seas and oceans they have traveld to and there is just one similarity in sea (ocean) and mirror thats water so maybe it has something to do with water sometime ago I had a theori about this though that theori is just some weird thing maybe it works never tried and never will try cause I dont want to change anything in the past or visit the future. :D

"Leave everything upto future" quote By Myself :P

Edited by dest

Hawking has already done this experiment in his latest offering - Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking. Episode 2. He offered an invitation to time travellers to meet him for tea, nobody showed up. The invitation was sealed and left at Cambridge I think, to be opened in the distant future inviting time travellers to meet with him.

i know im off topic , 101 do u know wwhat that isaac newton quote is really about?

mmmmm bacon sandwich....

You would need to be able to communicate with people from the past and future, like air traffic control to make sure the runway is clear.

So I've been thinking about Doc Brown a lot and quoting a lot of BTTF (Back to the future) lines in work for poops and giggles. Then I actually got thinking about time travel.

maybe we can make a computer system to validate the time travel. the system can simulate our world or maybe a simple society etc..., so if we can let a element of it back to past ,

then you know what i will say...

I can tell you right now that time travel is impossible.

Otherwise, we would currently be swamped with visitors from every point in the future.

Ok then. I demend you proof that time travel is impossible. :P

Saying it is impossible just because we are not aware of any time travelers is just not an argument at all.

Nothing is impossible until we can prove it without any doubt which is not always an easy thing to do because there is always the possibility of discovering something else that would change the conclusion. Maby we just simply haven't figured out the right way of doing it.

Maby Hawking's invitation was seen by future people but they decided not to interfere with us for various and/or obvious reasons. Or maby they did come back but by doing so they created a parallele universe in which we are but that we cannot perceive. We could theorise about many possibilities here.

maybe we can make a computer system to validate the time travel. the system can simulate our world or maybe a simple society etc..., so if we can let a element of it back to past ,

then you know what i will say...

I think making a simulation of our future world could be possible but not really accurate.

One key element, as said in The Matrix Trilogy is choise. How could we see ahead of a choise we haven't even made out yet? Unless humans are programmed to always make fully-predictable choises following a cause-effect pattern like the Merovingian was saying.

That's a key element of the Matrix Trilogy. Causality vs choise. Behind that is the idea that reality is only happening in our consciousness or in other words, that reality is only part of Counsciousness itself. The trilogy is literally full of messages of the sort. That's why it's my all-time favorite.