Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The haunted bus stop..

Still Waters

A LONG-time driver who regularly passes the Dilke Hospital during the night has the shivers after encountering what he believes is a ghost…twice!

Not wishing to be identified in case his employers worry about his state of mind, the man says he is sure there is something supernatural about a figure waiting in the road by the bus stop at the Dilke side of the road – only to vanish when the kind-hearted driver offered him a lift into Cinderford.

The first time it happened 18 months ago, knowing no bus was due, he drew in to offer the man a lift. The half-past midnight encounter was unsettling.

“The shelter has windows and when I pulled up and looked out and there was nobody there at all, I wondered if it had just been a reflection in one of the glass panels,” he said.

But he looked all around and there was nobody in sight…

Putting the mystery to the back of his mind he had all but forgotten it until last Sunday, when the figure again appeared at the bus stop at around 7pm and he slowed down. Once again it had gone when he drew level. Once again, there was nobody at all in sight.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Unfortunately for this man, there is a legend of this exact "event" that occurs all over the world. I know multiple places here in Colorado that tells of a Ghostly person walking along side a road. When the person pulls up to offer a hand that ghostly entity disappears. It's normally a woman or young child in the legends I've heard of.

lol driver dont want to be named, but they gave us the location where it happens, all the company needs to do is check who does that round and BINGO we have our driver lol, its normally same driver for the route each time so they know the area well

• Like 1

Am reminded of a wee bit of nonsense that exsited on a bus stop in Edinburgh for years, until said stop was junked.

Where will you be when judgement comes?

Standing here possibly, STILL waiting for the flaming bus!

lol driver dont want to be named, but they gave us the location where it happens, all the company needs to do is check who does that round and BINGO we have our driver lol, its normally same driver for the route each time so they know the area well

Yea right. After that will get sued for violating human's right.

Its not the same driver each time, their job is boring so they regularly change the routes they drive, : )

Edited by mike99

Yea right. After that will get sued for violating human's right.

WE ....... why would you ? the driver wanted to remain nameless because of his company and them thinking he might have mental problems.....

Any one within the company will be able to get that information by looking on the big board for which driver for which area .... why would i want to get a name, nothing else i could do with it

Edited by hilton1337

The meer fact of what you said was so true , yet it came across very funny also how you said it..

Ummm... Rosa Parks lived in the U.S.

Sounds like urban legend material which makes it hard to believe because that kinda story is heard all the time, except in most UL's the driver ends up in a gruesome accident thanks to the pesky malevolent spirit :unsure2:

• 2 months later...

The ghost of bus stops past

• Like 1

He must of had someplace he really wanted to go and won't let death stop him.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

ha, they could get his name, easy.

maybe there was an accident or maybe not..

I DO know that riding public transportation makes me want to kill meself!! . LOL

• Like 1

There was supposedly a haunted railway tunnel between Dorchester where i live and Weymouth (Dorset). Drivers and passengers would often report seeing a ghostly figure, dressed in old ragged clothes walking alongside the track. He became part of local folkore and people said he was the ghost of a worker who died whilst building the Brunel designed tunnel. Anyway, years later engineers were doing an examoination of the tunnel and they find a sleeping tramp and his "den". Mystery solved.

• Like 1