Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Strange creature' found in tin of tuna

Still Waters

No-one likes to be judged while they eat, but imagine these two beady eyes staring back at you.

Mother Natalie Clarke had just served herself a tin of Princes tuna with a jacket potato, when she spotted this detached head peeking out of the fish dish.

Natalie, from Tyler Hill near Canterbury, had already taken a few bites of the tuna, served with jacket potato, when she noticed something distinctly odd about her dinner.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Verneph

• Lilly

• Beckys_Mom

• JGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A crustacean or a shrimp maybe? Looks pretty beat up, too. Probably not harmful honestly, but definitely not tuna fish.

Great, I buy Princes red salon all the time, it just had to be in tin of princess brand food ...

Prawn head see photo here

Does Princes process prawns as food? If so, perhaps they process the prawns and the tuna at the same plant and this prawn head just happened to get mixed up with the tuna.

Does Princes process prawns as food? If so, perhaps they process the prawns and the tuna at the same plant and this prawn head just happened to get mixed up with the tuna.

I am not sure.. I have only ever seen their tuna and salmon... They do other things like ham and other meats ... But I tried looking up prawns and got no joy.... So I don't know

I like the way the article calls it a sea monster!

('Codzilla' is the best I can do on this one, sorry)

Princes don't process prawns but they do produce tinned shrimps in brine. (And very tasty they are too!)

I'd eat it.

me too. ,

nothing gross about eating a prawn. Of course it would be a surprise to anyone to see that it came from a tuna can :)

Edited by fawkes2

What is a jacket potato?

I had to look that up myself, actually. It's just another name for a baked potato. Maybe it's a British thing? Kind of like how they call flashlights 'torches' and elevators 'lifts'. Just minor semantics.

Okay where I come from, we don't eat the head of a prawn (or shrimp), so yeah that does look quite unappetising. :no:

I am not sure.. I have only ever seen their tuna and salmon... They do other things like ham and other meats ... But I tried looking up prawns and got no joy.... So I don't know

Brand labels are not a direct indicator of who the actual producer was, sometimes the production is outsourced to a plant that may indeed also process prawns for another marketer. I know of manufacturers who produce food product or vehicles/whitegoods/electronic parts for various brand names all the time.

Personally, I would not have tossed out the whole can of tuna simply because there was a shrimp head in it. I would have just removed it, checked the rest and went on with my meal. If the "odd head" looked to be that of a rodent though...game over, tuna would have been tossed.

I had to look that up myself, actually. It's just another name for a baked potato. Maybe it's a British thing? Kind of like how they call flashlights 'torches' and elevators 'lifts'. Just minor semantics.

Jacket potato still has the skin on. It is commonly baked, but can be boiled and/or mashed too.

cool.

I was once cutting up a squid to fry up and I found a tiny white crab inside it.

I like the way the article calls it a sea monster!

('Codzilla' is the best I can do on this one, sorry)

:tu::w00t:

Yeah it is a British thing lol.

On a more related note, looks like I won't be touching their tinned tuna for awhile. Shame, now I need to find something else for my jacket potato.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a prawn that got caught up in the tuna nets maybe?

its not a tooo-na

(come on, some one had to say it)