Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demystifying the paranormal - part one

UM-Bot

Chris Broka: Ghosts have been reported throughout human history, and all languages seem to contain at least one word for the concept. While different cultures explain it differently, they seem to be documenting a phenomenon whose essential features vary surprisingly little. Ghosts, when seen, are often observed to resemble persons that have died. This has led to the belief that they are the souls or non-corporeal essences of those deceased persons. Ghosts are also described as being able to interact with the living world. They can sometimes speak. They can, apparently, move objects and even touch people.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• S2F

• KnockoutMouse

• Habitat

Interesting article, but a bit difficult to read because of the repeated sections of text that occur throughout it.

Apologies for that, the duplicate sections have since been removed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is brilliant. A true attempt at explaining ghosts using science (or unknown science if you will), i can't wait to read part two.

I actually believe there is no such thing as paranormal,we just haven't figured out the means by which to fully understand what we cannot see.

For example,if you told a man from the 15th century,when he bleeds,the red stuff is composed of millions of tiny round things that help him to live.

He would have said you were a Nutter .

Along comes the 19th century,and the first microscopes are invented.Voila,you can see cells .

I just think a proper way to measure a good deal of these things that puzzle us,just hasn't been invented yet.Or maybe it has,but we are not privy to it.

I actually believe there is no such thing as paranormal,we just haven't figured out the means by which to fully understand what we cannot see.

For example,if you told a man from the 15th century,when he bleeds,the red stuff is composed of millions of tiny round things that help him to live.

He would have said you were a Nutter .

Along comes the 19th century,and the first microscopes are invented.Voila,you can see cells .

I just think a proper way to measure a good deal of these things that puzzle us,just hasn't been invented yet.Or maybe it has,but we are not privy to it.

You honestly believe in the fifteenth century people didn't understand that blood was essential to life ? Perhaps they thought air unnecessary too. :rolleyes:

You honestly believe in the fifteenth century people didn't understand that blood was essential to life ? Perhaps they thought air unnecessary too. :rolleyes:

I don't think Missy was implying that at all. Merely that 15th century people didn't know that blood was comprised of individual cells and not just some red fluid. Science was able to make this discovery later though after the invention of the microscope. The analogy fits in my opinion. Who knows what paranormal mysteries are waiting to be explained with the advent of new technologies?

I don't think Missy was implying that at all. Merely that 15th century people didn't know that blood was comprised of individual cells and not just some red fluid. Science was able to make this discovery later though after the invention of the microscope. The analogy fits in my opinion. Who knows what paranormal mysteries are waiting to be explained with the advent of new technologies?

Thank you S2F.Thats exactly what I meant.

The the literal meaning of the word occult,is something that is present,but cannot be seen with the naked eye.

The vehicles to uncover the true nature of things like ghosts etc,are just not available to us at this point in time.They may never be,but we can hope.