Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mary Colvin killed in Holms

Paracelse

Marie Colvin, an acclaimed American reporter, died alongside a French photographer during an assault on the city of Homs.See her final interview, in which she describes Syrian forces’ deadly siege.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Dangerous job? What are Western world countries will do now?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• and-then

• ExpandMyMind

• George Ford

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people viewing at a civil war? If yes then I think everyone has to stay out of it?

Horrifying. Journalists like these who continually put themselves in the line of fire deserve a medal. Maybe she'll even be awarded with some sort of post-life commendation like that?

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Horrifying. Journalists like these who continually put themselves in the line of fire deserve a medal. Maybe she'll even be awarded with some sort of post-life commendation like that?

If she does than the French photographer with her should get one too! After all the images are worth a thousand words.

I think nothing can be done without risking a widening of the war to the whole region. But what we are seeing there is the unmasked brutality of secular AND sectarian hatreds in the region. It seems Assad is completely willing to continue until he has silenced every protester no matter what it takes. The true blame for this rests at Russia's doorstep. Assad is an animal that needs to be put down and instead they are propping him up. I say again that this conflict has the potential to be far worse than the Israel/Iran tensions currently on everyone's mind.

I pray for them both that they can be evacuated. I think Mary Colvin's and Remi Ochlik's bodies are yet to be recovered or buried as well.