Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Qur'an burning riots in Afghanistan

and-then

Not really. If they were p*** about the troops they'd be protesting about the foreign troops. Their main focus in this case is the burned books.

They've have been hard at work protesting the troops for over 10 years. Burning Qu'rans not required.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• Yamato

• Beckys_Mom

• wittyusernamefailed

You're focused on the individuals inciting countries or tribes to violence on one side, but the same dynamic exists on both sides.

No I am not, I am focused on killing in the name of a man made faith... The muslim extremists out run the Christian in that game..Unless Christians are doing it and it is just not reported? I highly doubt it lol

Put it this way, you can walk down the street with a Jesus t-shirt on Or just a t-shirt with the name Jesus.. and Christians are not going to stop and want to kill you for it ...Some might ask where you got it so they too can get one lol w00t.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Maybe here is "the rest of the story" behind the burning of the books:

~~ ... The U.S. apologized Tuesday for burning the copies of the Qur'an, which had been pulled from the shelves of the Parwan Detention Facility, adjoining Bagram Air Field, because they contained extremist messages or inscriptions.

U.S. Gen. John Allen, the top commander of American and NATO forces in Afghanistan, said after the books had been mistakenly given to troops to be burned at a garbage pit without realizing it.

"It was not a decision that was made because they were religious materials," Allen said Tuesday, one day after Afghan workers at the garbage pit found the books. "It was not a decision that was made with respect to the faith of Islam. It was a mistake. It was an error. The moment we found out about it we immediately stopped and we intervened."

A Western military official with knowledge of the incident said it appeared that the copies of the Qur'an and other Islamic readings in the library were being used to fuel extremism, and that detainees were writing on the documents to exchange extremist messages. ...

One of many sources

No I am not, I am focused on killing in the name of a man made faith... The muslim extremists out run the Christian in that game..Unless Christians are doing it and it is just not reported? I highly doubt it lol

Put it this way, you can walk down the street with a Jesus t-shirt on Or just a t-shirt with the name Jesus.. and Christians are not going to stop and want to kill you for it ...Some might ask where you got it so they too can get one lol w00t.gif

Okay, but you didn't answer the questions. Government justifies killing but religion doesn't because of how people feel about Jesus shirts? Government is man-made too and just look at the faith we have in that. If we were playing the game of killing with a single standard, every Middle East country we've attacked would be mounting retaliatory strikes against us on our own soil and religion wouldn't even be necessary. I hope you wouldn't justify their violence because of how it was reported in their media or how it didn't have anything to do with taking their religion so seriously.

Okay, but you didn't answer the questions. Government justifies killing but religion doesn't because of how people feel about Jesus shirts?

You sadly do not get it do you? If you spent less time preaching for a change.. you might catch on..

This topic is about some burning the Quran right?

So it is based on religious faith and so many extremists Muslim looking to kill because of it and some have done

Christians will not go this far over a bible........ If they have, I have yet to see it in present times

As for the Jesus t-shirt.. We all know-how so many muslims react over the same sort of thing if you put Muhammed on them.. Or the story of the person who dared call a soft teddy bear Muhammed.. Or the story of The Danish cartoonist? List goes on

Preaching to me about governments is not washing.. I care not to read it ..

You sadly do not get it do you? If you spent less time preaching for a change.. you might catch on..

This topic is about some burning the Quran right?

So it is based on religious faith and so many extremists Muslim looking to kill because of it and some have done

Christians will not go this far over a bible........ If they have, I have yet to see it in present times

As for the Jesus t-shirt.. We all know-how so many muslims react over the same sort of thing if you put Muhammed on them.. Or the story of the person who dared call a soft teddy bear Muhammed.. Or the story of The Danish cartoonist? List goes on

Preaching to me about governments is not washing.. I care not to read it ..

This is about foreign occupiers burning the Qu'ran, not just anybody. I could make some irreverent remark to you about what you're sensitive to, and then maybe you might catch on to how wrong that is. Especially when I started comparing you to other women who don't mind. What would that accomplish? More conflict and more intolerance. No thanks. I'll keep preaching the Golden Rule regardless of whether Christians are better than Muslims in certain ways.

This is about foreign occupiers burning the Qu'ran, not just anybody.

To sum up - It is still about burning the Quran and how they react... They would react if anyone did it in the same manner...They have done before

More conflict and more intolerance

Sending death threats and killing over a man made faith is not beating intolerance nor is it tolerant... It seems they will not tolerate anyone burning their books.. Killing and sending threats will not solves any problem and I do not care who did what to who... It never solves anything.. When innocents get hurt, that's when I think enough is enough .. If ( meaning IF ) it all got out of hand and killing did start - You have innocent Muslims getting killed and then innocent Americans being liked.. over what? Is it really worth it IF things were to get out of hand again? .Like I said IF... So death threats to any country over a quran is not worth it in my view

I could make some irreverent remark to you about what you're sensitive to, and then maybe you might catch on to how wrong that is.

Adding on made up reference's will bore me..I am not interested in arguing this with you..

. I made my points and I stand by them.....I used to love a good ole argument.. but these days not any more.. I make my points and like to be done with them... So if you do notl like your time wasted, so not waste any time asking me more questions and adding more on.. I will not address them .. Its not you personally , I have not committed myself to any thread for longer arguments.. I try to end them faster...well as much as possible

Edited by Beckys_Mom

To sum up - It is still about burning the Quran and how they react... They would react if anyone did it in the same manner...They have done before

Sending death threats and killing over a man made faith is not beating intolerance nor is it tolerant... It seems they will not tolerate anyone burning their books.. Killing and sending threats will not solves any problem and I do not care who did what to who... It never solves anything.. When innocents get hurt, that's when I think enough is enough .. If ( meaning IF ) it all got out of hand and killing did start - You have innocent Muslims getting killed and then innocent Americans being liked.. over what? Is it really worth it IF things were to get out of hand again? .Like I said IF... So death threats to any country over a quran is not worth it in my view

Adding on made up reference's will bore me..I am not interested in arguing this with you..

. I made my points and I stand by them.....I used to love a good ole argument.. but these days not any more.. I make my points and like to be done with them... So if you do notl like your time wasted, so not waste any time asking me more questions and adding more on.. I will not address them .. Its not you personally , I have not committed myself to any thread for longer arguments.. I try to end them faster...well as much as possible

We'd all be far less tolerant of foreign occupiers, Becky's Mom.

They're sensitive to religious irreverence because they take their religion seriously. That's a neutral observation to me but when it's time to figure out how to treat them I'll certainly take that into account.

They're sensitive to religious irreverence because they take their religion seriously.

Christians and Jews along with any other religion take their faith seriously.. It is arrogant to think they don't Not everyone will care to use violence or death threats over a faith. A religious faith should never be used as a weapon or excuse to cause deaths or hurt anyone .. <-- Meaning any faith..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It's understandable for them to riot. Islam is their essence, at least in their mind, and they consider Western forces burning their holy book a grave insult worthy of punishment. There's nothing crazy about it, in the real sense of the word.

name="'Eldorado'" timestamp='1330546543' post='4219197']

I think she speaks for most, if NATO pulls out the foreign Islamists will take control again and the country will go back to the stone age once more and the female MP will be executed.

Not at all.

This is probably the case in most countries where America (and formerly Britain) maintains a large military presence. Some people may openly denounce it, but most people secretly appreciate it. But I guess in some parts of Afghanistan the people there really do want the Taliban back in power.

I don't think any of it's worth it, Becky's. And I don't wish to argue with you either. I agree with all of your statements anyway, with the sole exception that I start out with acknowledging that they're intolerant, about matters concerning religion incidentally, and then ask how best to proceed from there. And it's not to occupy, terrorize, kill, or generally give selective scriptures in the Qu'ran a heavy dose of relevancy in today's world. These people take their religion very seriously, we can't bomb them into feeling otherwise, and if we relieve ourselves from their internal affairs they will have to mind their own by themselves and the religious intolerance will redirect itself. I think it's predictable enough that they will turn on one another. I think the question of what to do after agreeing here is largely a matter of not hanging out with the wrong people and finding something else to do with ourselves.

I don't think any of it's worth it, Becky's. And I don't wish to argue with you either.

Good We can move on .. . lol

IF a Quran is defaced or in any way altetred it must be destroyed by burning. IF the Qurans in question were used to send writen messages then they were defaced already by the taliban so the rightfull way was to burn them. The taliban are the ones who bring shame on Islam and who went ashtray from Muhammads teachings. They are the ones who act contrary of the Quran.