Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hello

jessicajaletta

Okay, first of all I found this site all by accident while searching for schizophrenia and after lurking and reading some post from different parts of the board I decided to post.

I will tell you a bit about myself, I am 22 years old have lived a simi-normal life if you want to call it that. At a young age I would receive visions if that is what they are called of people in coffins people that I knew and some that I knew of. After having these visions, the person would die within a few days 3-10 on average and they would be dressed just as I had saw them in my vision. When I was four I saw a person who had recently died at the time I was not aware he was dead did not find out till hours later, standing beside of my bed with his wife I had never met (she died years prior to my even being born). The man joined his wife and then he waved by to me and just as quick as he appeared he was gone. I have only had one dream and that was when my father passed in my dreams event were just as they were when they happened about a week or less later except for in my dream it was not my father whom had died but, my current boyfriend at the time. In the dream the then boyfriend's mother came to tell me of his death wearing a pink shirt and blue pair of jeans in reality it was my grandmother who would come to tell me that my father was dead wearing the pink shirt and the blue pair of jeans. In my dream the events not only of the mothers being the messenger and the clothes they were wear occurred but, down to dialogue and such. I have had the feeling of de juvu before about 10 times in my life but, do not remember having the dream that gave me this feeling. Also, upon meeting my husband I felt a tad bit of a de juvu feeling because, as a child I was mesmerized by the name Abraham and I ended up married to a guy who is Muslim who's name is their translated version of the name which is Ibrahim.

Another gift, that I have tried to ignore but, seems to bothering me a lot anymore is the dead seem to want to contact me when I am alone. I know that may sound insane thus why I was up at 3 a.m. researching schizophrenia. At my grandmother's house I have heard my grandfather speak my name, but I have always ignored it because, the dead creep me out. However, at my new apartment that I moved in last month someone is trying to contact me that I do not know. I allowed a spirit to contact me my first year of college or shall I say that this spirit was insistent and it frightened me terrible - it was not a good spirit very demonic it become quite aggressive to where I would have no electricity and when someone else would enter the room the lights would magically work thus making me sound insane to my friends I had a friend who eventually after realizing that I was not lying believed me because she saw some of the other things that this being did such as send animals out in front of my car who would stand for minutes sometimes as much as 20 and hold eye contact with me or it would not allow me to use my phone to call a pastor or anyone that could help. After finally driving to the pastors house I was instructed to let the spirit guide me and after I did what he/she wanted it left me alone. I even moved out the apartment at this time to a new apartment and it seemed to follow me there - after I got rid of whatever it was I lived there for over a year and never saw, heard anything. I have lived in two apartments since that were newer and was never contacted by a spirit. The current apartment is as old if not older than the apartment that I encountered the first spirit and both apartments have a shady and bad past behind them filled full of drugs, murder and such.

The spirit this time has hissed my name a few times, just as I described with my grandfather doing and I have saw a shadow figure out of the corner of my eye and had a vision of seeing an old man in the mirror as well as at night I will see a glow coming from my living room while there is no glow possible to occur. I has got so bad, that I cannot bring myself to stay in this apartment alone or with anyone - my husband and I are currently living 9 hours away because, he is starting his masters and I am joining him in May where he currently living. I have debated moving out of here and in with a friend, but I am afraid that it will follow me to the new place.

So my question is, I do not have any symptom of schizophrenia besides hearing voices which was only 2x at my grandmothers house and maybe 10 - 14 combine between these apartments I mentioned; the first time the spirit whom I let lead me took me to the mall where it instructed me with bible scriptures to recite and after everything it asked me to be do was done it left. I do not think I can handle this type of gift much longer and my question is how do I make these spirits go away for good I want rid of this gift. And, is it possible that I am schizophrenic, my friend suggested that maybe the case but, I have never been diagnosed as schizophrenic, but I was diagnosed as bipolar when I was 14 however my mother believes that it has to do with my gifts effecting my mental state because, I never am able to do anything that I consider positive - death is not positive for me. My great grandmother on my mom's side of the family had this same gift and my mother, aunt, and brothers are able to predict things as well. My mother predicted that my brother would have a baby by a girl, who was not his current girlfriend at the time, before he and the then girlfriend would get back together (this is while they were together) and this took place as well as other things. My brother predicted what month that I would meet my husband and has knew things that are going to happen in sporting events, television shows (he can predict storylines years before they come to past) and real life events as well. My other brother, knew that Novemeber 2003 would be a bad month and that is the month that my grandfather was murdered after that he told me he simply chose to turn it off because, he did not want to know of things to come. EDIT: I wanted to add that also, this same brother had an Imaginary friend whom came to find out had the same name and he describe him to match my mother's childhood friend whom died at the age of 14 after being hit by a car. He will not talk about "Dean" the childhood friend or the other experience other than he turned it off so that it cannot bother him. Also, his son whom is a 16 months seems to have conversations with people that we cannot see and waves at people we cannot see. He also, is mesmerized by a picture of my dad who past 3 years before he was born and he looked at the picture one day and said "papa", it was so intense that my grandmother who doesn't believe in any of this gift things began to cry and questioned if he too shared this gift.

I would greatly appreciate any of the comments and help anyone can get - because, I am tired of staying at a friends house, or my grandmothers house or simply not sleeping for days and being on edge 24/7.

Note: I think I may have put this in the wrong place if so can a Mod move it please?

Edited by jessicajaletta

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jessicajaletta

• Cybele

• Sakari

• Simbi Laveau

I do not have any symptom of schizophrenia besides hearing voices

You do not have a " haunting", or any " ghosts ".

From your entire entry you mention enough times about schizophrenia, and how you have been researching it.

You need to seek medical advice, and not off of the internet.

Looking for ghosts as a reason for medical issues can lead to those issues getting worse......Paranoia.

I was searching schizophrenia because, I wanted to see if I had any of the other signs. And, now I am more than convinced that people with schizophrenia do not have visions, and such that come to pass. Yes, perhaps to them they come to past but, unless I live in my own little world where my father is not dead and I can assure you that is not the case than, how would schizophrenia explain this?

I am apt to believing that perhaps hearing voices maybe schizophrenia, but how do you explain people who have came to visit me questioning me did you hear someone talking when there is no one around. I am not trying to convince anyone that I have any type of psychic ability because, well that's for each his own to believe in it. I am a realist for the most part, thus why I am here. I would love for their to be a logical explanation as to why I have dreams and see still images of things to come, seeing people you know in their coffins before they even die and knowing what they will wear in their coffin and what their casket, flowers include will look like is not something one can explain.

There are many reasons why people hear things ,that others do not,that have nothing to do with a medical issue.Skeptics always poo poo these things,because they have never experienced them.

You want to research clairaudio phenomenon,and in some cases,there can be another explanation,which I myself have experienced,and its very unpleasant.

Clair audio experiences can be someone speaking,or full on noise explosions.Its not something I have had happen to me a lot.But once time,im sure I heard an airport loud speaker.It was noises was from inside an airport terminal,and I was sitting at home.

I am not Clair audio myself,but one of my friends is.So I know it happens.She actually hears spirits sometimes,amongst other things .

There are many reasons why people hear things ,that others do not,that have nothing to do with a medical issue.Skeptics always poo poo these things,because they have never experienced them.

You want to research clairaudio phenomenon,and in some cases,there can be another explanation,which I myself have experienced,and its very unpleasant.

Clair audio experiences can be someone speaking,or full on noise explosions.Its not something I have had happen to me a lot.But once time,im sure I heard an airport loud speaker.It was noises was from inside an airport terminal,and I was sitting at home.

I am not Clair audio myself,but one of my friends is.So I know it happens.She actually hears spirits sometimes,amongst other things .

No, the majority of the population do not believe these things because no one has shown a ounce of evidence to their existence.

No one has experienced these things, they just claim they have.

What people like you do not understand, ( including the definition of skeptic ) even us " skeptics " would love to see any of these claims be real, it would be awesome.Not sure why some people think a " skeptic " is just some person waiving their finger back and forth hoping nothing at all exists out of the normal.

We all want to see new, cool, crazy things exist, everyone has fantasies........The difference is, we " skeptics " need more than faith, stories, claims, TV, and movies to make us " believe " in it.We like to see evidence.To this day there has been non, zero, notta.........

edit to add : You have not seen the topic where " skeptics " have and still post their strange experiences have you?.........Yes, a lot of us " skeptics " have experienced these types of things........So that statement was very in-accurate.

Edited by Sakari

So my question is, I do not have any symptom of schizophrenia besides hearing voices which was only 2x at my grandmothers house and maybe 10 - 14 combine between these apartments I mentioned; the first time the spirit whom I let lead me took me to the mall where it instructed me with bible scriptures to recite and after everything it asked me to be do was done it left.

Believing that spirits are controlling you, or inserting thought into your mind, can also be a sign of psychosis. That sort of belief could fall under the label of delusions, which often occur along with hallucinations. I believe you'll find both as criteria in the DSM-IV for diagnosis of schizophrenia.

You mention that you have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I'm curious as to whether you are aware that bipolar can cause hallucinations and delusions as well: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/epigen/bpwhatis.htm

As for your apparently precognitive dreams and visions, how many times do you think you've predicted someone's death? In the dream where you supposedly predicted your father's death, why do you think your boyfriend, rather than father, died in the dream? Do you think it's possible that you were expecting the dream to come true and therefore looking for details to reinforce this belief? For example, you mention the clothes being exactly the same in the dream and real life, but why would the person dying be different? Do you think it possible that your memory of the dream was colored after the fact by your expectations and beliefs in precognition? If either your boyfriend's mother or your grandmother frequently wear this sort of outfit, or had recently, then that might be an explanation as to why it appeared in your dream.

I myself have had a couple of incidents which seemed like precognition, though nothing as significant as what you've described. I do think that the human mind is very good at trying to seek meaning where there may in fact be none. When you start focusing on things like this, you'll notice more and more synchronicity. If it is possible that you are selectively remembering things that stand out as clearly precognitive, while forgetting the occasions when your dreams and visions failed to come true, you are engaging in confirmation bias and only deluding yourself.

No one on here can really definitively answer your questions. We don't have nearly enough information about your experiences to do that and we are not psychiatrists. I think it is important for you to critically examine your experiences, though, so I'm glad to see you attempting to do that.

I was searching schizophrenia because, I wanted to see if I had any of the other signs. And, now I am more than convinced that people with schizophrenia do not have visions, and such that come to pass. Yes, perhaps to them they come to past but, unless I live in my own little world where my father is not dead and I can assure you that is not the case than, how would schizophrenia explain this?

But you dreamed that your boyfriend died, not your father. Isn't that a pretty major detail that your dream got wrong?

When I was young, about your age, I made up a story about my father being very ill so I could take a leave of absence from work. In reality, I was taking a trip from Mississippi to Florida to be with a boyfriend who was a musician. I spent 2 weeks in Florida and during that time I had a dream about my father in a coffin, dead. I woke up crying. Of course, my Dad had not died and lived quite a long time after this dream. If anything, I thought my dream was a warning NOT to use such things (lies) to cover up what I was really doing.

I hope you find the answers you need to help you. I am not going to say that some of what you describe is not real ability to predict future events, however, I feel you need to seek medical help if you think you even might be schizophrenic. Good luck. I really hope you get some answers and some help, since it seems you really want to be rid of these things interfering with your life.

Which says to me,you have never experienced it .*shrugs*

Oh well .

As I said, nothing as major as apparently predicting a death, but I have. And, to be blunt, I don't care what you think.

Edited by Cybele

It is apparent that you can distinguish these dreams and visions from reality. You know what is reality and what is not. You are not psychotic. If you are genuinely concerned, please see a qualified counselor about what you are experiencing.

You are not schizophrenic.

I will tell you a bit about myself, I am 22 years old have lived a simi-normal life if you want to call it that. At a young age I would receive visions if that is what they are called of people in coffins people that I knew and some that I knew of. After having these visions, the person would die within a few days 3-10 on average and they would be dressed just as I had saw them in my vision. When I was four I saw a person who had recently died at the time I was not aware he was dead did not find out till hours later, standing beside of my bed with his wife I had never met (she died years prior to my even being born).

Did these really happen, or were they just visions?

Did these really happen, or were they just visions?

They happened days later in my actual life, so these visions and dreams do come to past and I remember them as soon as I have the visions or dreams (only had 1 actual dream)and then they come to past and it really doesn't freak me out, it use to. The only thing freaking me out is feeling as if there is a presents in my apartment and having it call my name when I am sleeping. I went to the local mental heath clinic and they said that I was not experiencing schizophrenia. They had no explanation for this when I told them what was going on other than it might just be stress in my life, however they did put me on medicine for panic attacks because, this whole latest episode has made me start to take what the called a panic attack.

• 1 month later...

important issue....you must have to contact with the doctor who helps you.but i think there is no ghost around you.so don't worry must contact with the doctor that's it.

I would love to have an experience that would be termed paranormal. However knowing what I do about the fallibility of my own senses, and human senses in general I think i would have trouble even believing my own experience. Our senses are not subjective measurement devices, they are vey poor sometimes actually and then the brain goes and fills in the blanks with whatever our biases happen to be. Fear tends to exacerbate this effect.

Our eyes, ears, and brains trick us all the time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia and then regardless of the actual content our memories sharpen toward the direction that our biases tell them to. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Human beings are really crappy eyewitnesses, which why any trial lawyer knows that if you are going to use eyewitness testimony you better have a hell of a case built up around it first. in the case of paranormal activity there is no supporting case or evidence, just lots of eyewitness testimony. It's just not enough.