Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Time Speeding Up

monica-louise

Hello good people, many apologies if this has been broached before but I thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples views on the speeding up of time. The last year seems to have whizzed by so quick I wondered if it was just me or are others feeling the effects. I have recently come across an article with regards to the Schumann's Resonance Theory, whereby the Earth's pulse beats at a steady 7.83 beats per second, and was such used by military's for centuries all over the world. That was until 1980,then the resonance was measuring over 12 beats per second and the theorists think it will peak to about 13 before the Earth stops rotating and the end of another era as prophesied by the Mayans. There was something like this before on Earth as reported in ancient texts that the earth did indeed stop before, it was the long day/night depending where you were in the world at the time it happen, at the same time the poles shifted and so did the procession of the sun, before modern day of sun rising in the east it used to rise in the west. Could this be happening all over again as ancient history has shown us that man walked the earth some 100 million years ago, and there has been a succession of different humanoids walking the Earth ever since.

As the universe expands time collapses in on itself, are we experiencing the effects because time is quickening, the atomic clock used by the US navy was out by a whole 24 hours it has to be adjusted on a regular basis, as it keeps losing time, but is that possible ? I will lay my cards out and say time is speeding up what do you think ?

Edited by monica-louise

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monica-louise

• HerNibs

• danydandan

• msm57

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wishing to be harsh... but it seems to me that you have come up with a theory based on demonstrably false assumptions. Not one of your stated precedents has any basis in reality

Not wishing to be harsh... but it seems to me that you have come up with a theory based on demonstrably false assumptions. Not one of your stated precedents has any basis in reality

So pray tell me which bit is a false assumption ? The Earth did indeed stop still for a long day, for nearly 24 hrs as reported in numerous historical fragments, as with the nuclear clock that too was reported by the US navy, and as for Schumann's Theory can you dis-prove it ?

Edited by monica-louise

So pray tell me which bit is a false assumption ? The Earth did indeed stop still for a long day, for nearly 24 hrs as reported in numerous historical fragments, as with the nuclear clock that too was reported by the US navy, and as for Schumann's Theory can you dis-prove it ?

The Earth hasn't stopped spinning for 24 hours.

What "numerous historical fragments"? Please source.

Here - disproof.

The probability for such an event is practically zero in the next few billion years. If the Earth stopped spinning suddenly, the atmosphere would still be in motion with the Earth's original 1100 mile per hour rotation speed at the equator. All of the land masses would be scoured clean of anything not attached to bedrock. This means rocks, topsoil, trees, buildings, your pet dog, and so on, would be swept away into the atmosphere.

Hasn't happened.

Nibs

Oh, and there is this -

Why Time Goes Faster as You Get Older

More information on Schumann resonances.

Nibs

ETA -

More

The Schumann resonance frequency observed at this observatory does not exhibit any unusual change or drift since the start of observations by the BDSN in 1995.

I suspect this idea in the OP is just something else that someone (who doesn't fully understand) has glommed onto and crammed it into the "2012/Mayan/End of the World" nonsense.

Nibs again

Edited by HerNibs

Which militaries have used a 'pulse beat of 7.83 per second' for centuries?... Heck less than a century ago such a pulse would have been difficult to detect and time outside of a lab, much less 'use' for anything...

What would they have used it for...?

The Earth hasn't stopped spinning for 24 hours.

What "numerous historical fragments"? Please source.

Here - disproof.

Well not only is it mentioned in the bible [although most of the knowledge in this book is so heavily disguised or downright mis-interepted it can be hard to take any of it at face value, but the stories came from somewhere] the Sumerian cuniform tablets most famously deciphered by Zecharia Zitchen told of the long day, And also archaeology all over the world have produced finds in granite,[pick axes, and other tools and jewellery] such finds that could not have been made after the 30 million year timeline and artifacts have been found in coal to be man-made dating 30-100 million years,so i would say the proof is out there all over the world. Man has restarted more times than we could possibly imagine, and nothing is as straight-foraward as it seems.

Hasn't happened.

Nibs

Well not only is it mentioned in the bible [although most of the knowledge in this book is so heavily disguised or downright mis-interepted it can be hard to take any of it at face value, but the stories came from somewhere] the Sumerian cuniform tablets most famously deciphered by Zecharia Zitchen told of the long day, And also archaeology all over the world have produced finds in granite,[pick axes, and other tools and jewellery] such finds that could not have been made after the 30 million year timeline and artifacts have been found in coal to be man-made dating 30-100 million years,so i would say the proof is out there all over the world. Man has restarted more times than we could possibly imagine, and nothing is as straight-foraward as it seems.

The Bible is not a scientific manual.

Sitchen? No, nope. He is sadly mistaken and just flat out wrong.

Please post a source/link for these archaeology finds.

Nibs

The Bible is not a scientific manual.

Sitchen? No, nope. He is sadly mistaken and just flat out wrong.

Please post a source/link for these archaeology finds.

Nibs

hiya just thought you would all like to checkout this website full of pics of finds that date back millions of years, 6000years.org just for fun, like the original post, its just ideas, and musings that's all....enjoy

Teehee, I dunno about time going faster when you get older. I think the fastest time ever is when you are a kid on summer vacation from school. The school year takes forever, but summer is gone in a blink of an eye!

hiya just thought you would all like to checkout this website full of pics of finds that date back millions of years, 6000years.org just for fun, like the original post, its just ideas, and musings that's all....enjoy

Also I am in agreement with you on ZZ, as I have made abundantly clear in my amazon.co.uk reviews will attest to such, but the long day has been mentioned in other articles so just thought i would post and see....

Also I am in agreement with you on ZZ, as I have made abundantly clear in my amazon.co.uk reviews will attest to such, but the long day has been mentioned in other articles so just thought i would post and see....

Ok.

The long day or earth not spinning for 24 hours is fantasy and legend, nothing more.

Nibs

Here is the long day i was getting at www.keithhunt.com/joshua3.html i found this to be quite an informative view regarding this topic.....

sorry its a long piece to read but it conveys what i was saying....

Edited by monica-louise

While I agree that the OP's statements are a bit "out there"...for instance, I don't think the sun ever "rose in the west"...there is this... http://www.halexandria.org/dward233.htm

(I mean no disrespect to the OP or anyone else commenting here)

Edited by msm57

Here is the long day i was getting at www.keithhunt.com/joshua3.html i found this to be quite an informative view regarding this topic.....

Mr. Hunt is using Bible interpretation as a source.

Not a good source.

Scientifically, like my link explained, it hasn't happened.

Nibs

Mr. Hunt is using Bible interpretation as a source.

Not a good source.

Scientifically, like my link explained, it hasn't happened.

Nibs

If you continue past the first piece you will come to the full quote by scientists and astronauts at Greenbelt Maryland it goes some way to explaining what was found when they retraced the position of the sun, moon and other planets in space it threw up an oddity, having needed to map the heavens for satellites to be postioned when they found a missing day. The quote is called the missing day...

The amount of angular momentum of an object with respect to a fixed point is proportional to the object’s moment of inertia and to the angular velocity relative to the fixed point. Multiplying those three factors gives the angular momentum . This is why the Earth spins , well the conversion of angular momentum .

Anyway the only reason the Earth doesn't stop spinning is because there is no force acting on it to stop it.

The only time the Earth may stop is when the sun starts to expand into a red dwarf.

Interesting as this all is , The fact is the Earth never stopped spinning and for as long as we are here it won't...

There are theory on why its at a twenty three degree angle and why Venus's spin is retrograde . Comets

If you continue past the first piece you will come to the full quote by scientists and astronauts at Greenbelt Maryland it goes some way to explaining what was found when they retraced the position of the sun, moon and other planets in space it threw up an oddity, having needed to map the heavens for satellites to be postioned when they found a missing day. The quote is called the missing day...

It's nonsense.

My check with NASA sources revealed that Harold Hill's company had a contract to maintain two small diesel engines that powered backup electrical generators for one building at the Goddard Space Flight Center. So it is possible that Hill might have been there on at least one occasion, supervising that work. But that hardly qualifies him to be called a "consultant". Hill was in no way involved with any computer work there, or any other scientific project.

Jim Lacey, Public Information Officer at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, told me, by phone, that his office was deluged with inquiries about the newspaper article. "I checked it out 40 ways, from all angles, and it has no basis in fact," he says. He speculates that some of the computer people may have encountered Hill, perceived him to be a simpleminded, gullible religious nut, and told him a wild yarn to see if he would be foolish enough to believe it.

Lacey also notes that the newspaper account is full of obvious errors and fabrication. It reported that the incident "happened to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Md." But in fact, no astronauts ever worked at Greenbelt (it's one word).

At that time, computer time cost between $500 and $700 an hour. The computer programs were designed to predict future planetary positions for space missions. They seldom predicted more than 4 years ahead—the planning time of a space project. NASA has absolutely no reason to calculate past planetary positions.

Then there is the matter of accuracy. Any mathematical computation propagates error, since data are never perfect. A computer program of that type would produce worthless and meaningless answers if used to predict anything that far in the past. There is no way it could find a discrepancy as small as a day way back in ancient times. Anyone who believed the "Lost Day" story simply didn't understand the practical limitations of computers and of such data.

Finally, if such a far-fetched incident really had happened, it would surely have been published in a scientific journal. It would be of great importance to historians who need accurate dating of past events. No such publication has appeared.

Snopes for fun

Nibs

Doesn't work that way, the current position of the planets tells nothing of the days that have elapsed.

It's a myth.

Hello good people, many apologies if this has been broached before but I thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples views on the speeding up of time.

With respect, but time is not some object independent of the universe. Furthermore, time is measured through observation of the duration of certain universal phenomena. This is the same universe that we, and our perceptions also, are an intrinsic part thereof.

Because neither time nor ourselves can be separated from the universe, any observation of a 'change' in time is impossible to be determined - unless you have a method of observing time from outside the universe?

The only possibility of measuring 'different times' is by independent observers experiencing relativistic motion to each other, but this is not what your OP suggests.

Edited by Leonardo

Doesn't work that way, the current position of the planets tells nothing of the days that have elapsed.

It's a myth.

Well here is something for you wash down your cornflakes with..lol..

www.slac.stanford.ed/econf/CO141213/presents/0310_TLK.PDF

Time and space are one ( as Albert A. claims), so if there is any distortion on time around us, we wood not notice it...the instrument for measuring that kind of time-space distortion will not be valid, its like you are fast forwarding a movie, everything is going fast not only the time.

I believe there are distortion in time in some corners in the universe, there is and theory that there are like micro waves that distorts the time and space, like in the water, but there are not proven to exist YET , they cant effect the planet as you think.