Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA 'killed more than 95% of dogs and cats

Still Waters

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals killed more than 95 per cent of animals in its care last year at a Virginia shelter, a shocking new report states.

The report, released by non-profit consumer group, claims that PETA - which is known for its outspoken stance on animal rights - were responsible for the deaths of nearly 2,000 adoptable animals last year alone.

The records also show that the animal-rights organization has killed more than 27,000 animals at its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia since 1998.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Hopefully this will get out.......

I noticed about Nevada having the no kill shelters.....Lived there for most of my life, and new about that.If they can do it, all States should be able to.

There are a few here on the Oregon coast that I know of.

PETA needs to go away.

Hopefully this will get out.......

I noticed about Nevada having the no kill shelters.....Lived there for most of my life, and new about that.If they can do it, all States should be able to.

There are a few here on the Oregon coast that I know of.

PETA needs to go away.

Ditto. As a animal lover I just can't imagine this.

Edited by Princess Serenity

quote from article ' PETA said in an April 2011 interview with Newsweek that the ‘no-kill’ policy simply wasn’t possible. ‘We would rather offer these animals a painless death than have them tortured, starved, or sold for research,’

I'm i missing the point here? The animals are looked after by PETA. Do peta torture the animals if they can't find a home for them?

food! there is loads of waste food from supermarkets every day. why can't they give some of it to the animals?

food! there is loads of waste food from supermarkets every day. why can't they give some of it to the animals?

With a 34 million dollar budget, it should not be that hard for them to have " no kill " facilities.

If the Nevada Humane Society can do it off of donations, there is no reason PETA could not.........

Oh wait......Nevada Humane Society does not have those expensive and outrages adds.

I may be incorrect here, but I've heard rumours that PETA considers keeping an animal as a pet to be a sort of 'slavery' and therefore sees fit to kill companion animals (ie, dogs and cats) rather than have them 'enslaved' to humans.

• Like 1

That's an awful lot of animals to find GOOD homes for. The alternative is that they stay in the PETA shelters, but what sort of a life is that? No individual attention, no daily walks(other than in an exerise paddock), living in cages.

I think it would be more constructive, instead of knocking PETA, to work towards much tighter laws on pet owning and much tougher penalties for not taking care of pets ...... never mind being actively cruel to them.

God hate's PETA

God hate's PETA

With all due respect, no one knows what God *hates*.

But, I must agree with you that PETA does seem to have a very large budget that doesn't seem to be allocated to what the ASPCA and the Humane Society are attempting to achieve.

• Like 1

With all due respect, no one knows what God *hates*.

But, I must agree with you that PETA does seem to have a very large budget that doesn't seem to be allocated to what the ASPCA and the Humane Society are attempting to achieve.

" God Hates PETA " ......was a joke. ( those crazy god hates everything people )....

" God Hates PETA " ......was a joke. ( those crazy god hates everything people )....

Ok, I get your intent. But just so you know, many people will say things like this...and they aren't joking. :no:

‘It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats.’

After seeing all of the latest PETA stories on UM I have to agree. It's very sad they want to draw attention to frivolous situations when they could be making an actual difference in animals' lives. :no:

Don't get me started on PETA please, I find them to be purely unethical and hypocritical with only radical agendas to order the federal government (the US) to pass a constitutional law to free Sea World's dolphins and whales in San Diego (its off to Tijuana, Mexico). We don't hear much from the original animal rights activist groups: the ASPCA and the Humane Society of America. PETA is the type of group sometimes encourage members to commit bizarre and criminal acts in the name of their cause. :unsure2:

From what I recall, there are two PETAs taking each other to court over their namesake, after the original PETA split in the early 2000s over radical and moderate strands of animal rights activist members. I mean, to put down pets in shelters the PETA people compare to Auschwitz/death camps or Slavery/plantations vs. making pets more important than humans (i.e. pet hotels, haute pet products, pet psychics, give them human names, and a current movement in efforts of banning the term "pet").

And worst of all: PETA is dubbed "Far Left" while I can't rule out if any conservatives or right-wing members are comfortable belonging in a politically partisan Liberal organization. If these PETA members claim to be "Dr. DooLittles" or possess the "sixth sense" to heavily bond with animals with feelings but not 100% of a human's psyche, how come they don't have the common human decency and common sense when it comes on how they represent themselves or portray the ASPCA or Humane society of America "not" for animal rights...I think PETA are just rebellious people to lacked true meaning to their word: Save all Animals, including "companions"...but put them down when they are terminally ILL. :blink:

Edited by Mike the Autist-ic

PETA is the most hypocritical, abusive, insane group on the planet. I want to severely shake anyone who supports them.

Ok, I get your intent. But just so you know, many people will say things like this...and they aren't joking. :no:

Yes, I should have known that here.

PETA is the most hypocritical, abusive, insane group on the planet. I want to severely shake anyone who supports them.

Mels, I think we actually agree on more things than we disagree on :yes:

OMG! I was just talking about this to my daughter-in-law this morning. I think PETA is run by money hungry idiots who plea to the little new age hippies for the poor animals that people exploit for food, telling them that animals have the same intelligence and emotions as humans. I think this whole PETA organization should shut down and exposed for what it really is, money is some ones pockets! If the little hippy chicks and dudes want to help they should spend their time with the ASPCA and do some real help.

Rocketgirl B)

• Like 1

Yes. It doesn't look good for PETA but they just need to be more organised. I totally agree with their overall mission.

And what do you think their mission is? Do you know what it is?

Well, I'm all for the "ethical treatment of animals", it's just that PETA's definition of what that actually entails differs from my own.

PETA is a horrible organization. Like most, I always just assumed that PETA and the SPCA were one in the same.

Upon further research, however, that couldn't be further from the truth.

If you want to help animals, you're much better off dropping off a bag of food and some old towels at your local animal shelter than giving a dime to PETA.

• Like 2

I know what you're geting at. But I stand by my statement.

So I'm really curious... you're also interested in all humans becoming vegan vegitarians? Interested in outlawing all animal based products (leather, hide, vellem etc...) interested in making sure no one ever keeps a domesticated pet? Interested in banning all species preservation programs, zoos and other wildlife care centers? What exactly do you agree with them on?

You do also realize that there are direct links both financially and physically from PETA to the ELF right? The ELF is nothing short of a domestic terrorism group; they've actually killed people in my state over the years.

You can stand by your statement if you'd like, however, I don't know what your statement actually means.

interested in all humans becoming vegan vegitarians? Interested in outlawing all animal based products (leather, hide, vellem etc...) interested in making sure no one ever keeps a domesticated pet? Interested in banning all species preservation programs, zoos and other wildlife care centers?

This all sounds good to me.