Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA 'killed more than 95% of dogs and cats

Still Waters

This is a letter(with the editor's reply), that was in the Radio Times magazine earlier this year:

RACING UNCERTAINTY

Sometimes the US just makes TV shows better than us, and one example is Luck(Sky Atlantic). The host of big stars would be enough to make this a hit, but the horse-racing scenes are also outstanding. However, even I was shocked when we saw a horse break it's leg. While we know it was fiction(my italics), the acting and realism of the scene was electric. Roll on the next episode.

Ed says: If the scenes in Luck look realistic, it's because they are! It was recently revealed two horses had to be put down due to injuries sustained during filmimg. Animal rights group PETA criticised the show's working environment, after which makers HBO issued a statement saying precautions had been put in place, with each horse only being run three times a day.

THANK GOD FOR PETA.

HBO should have been put out of business and prosecuted ..... how many years is it since cruelty to animals during the making of a film was made illegal in the US? Seems like a very long time to me and yet it still goes on obviously.

(I believe the programme has now been scrapped).

What's the difference? Either way animals are being hunted purely for the pleasure of the hunters ....... who, let's not forget, are working with a massive advantage: guns and dogs(sometimes horses too)..... how pathetic and embarressing is that?

The greatest crime ever committed against wildlife in the UK was ALF releasing mink into the wild, hunting pales into insignificance.

• Like 2

Cant say im shocked.

Bound to have some bones in the closet.

While you eat that steak, consider what the animal went through to make it posible.

I see 30 head of cattle in my fields, looking extremely happy....I'm quite jealous actually, I'd rather be chilling in a field rather than sitting doing the books :lol:

• Like 1

I hate PETA because they are hypocrites and they mix truth with lies and exagerate stuff which is terrible.They claim that all zoos,safaris and aquariums are cruel,which simply isn't true.They don't believe in pets and think that people that eat meat are "Evil"

nonsense.The only things I do agree with PETA is boycotting KFC,because there are genuinley cruel to the poor chickens,and I am against animal testing myself,especially cosmetics.But everything else is just exagerated or plain lies!

obviously normal people don't wan't to becruel to animals but they take it to a crackpot terriotory

As someone who does animal rescue ,and has a friend that works for PETA,I know more about this,than you can imagine.

My friend works with exploited animals. Circus elephants and the like.

Some of PETAs causes,are just,most,are NOT.

PETA lies. They murder ,perfectly healthy animals. And no matter the rarity of the bird,that's the most messed up thing I've read about them ,in the last week anyway.

They kill animals in secret,while claiming to rehome them.

And they try to force veganism down your throat .

Listen,if I could be vegan,I would .

I know how badly animals are treated in the USA .

It's despicable. Testing,and how they are farmed .

I buy only cruelty free food. I avoid beef if i can. I have a hard time eating fish,because i see the little fishie faces in my tanks looking at me.

I occ eat pork,I still eat eggs and milk .I'm constantly lectured about veganism and dead flesh...

It's annoying.

And its true,something like 3 out of every 100 animals in a shelter,ever finds a home. I'm postivie there is money being made by this.

In nyc,our mayor(or Fuhrer ,as I like to call him) ,does NOTHING,unless it brings him revinues. The ACC of nyc,kills savable animals,daily .Money is being made somewhere.

But this is nationwide sure,numerous agencies kill animals,but PETA does it as if its merciful euthanasia,on an international level. They now have PETA Asia .ok . They conduct undercover investigations,where they doctor footage,and LIE,to get perfectly Legit animal havens shut down,and all the animals killed.

They did it to kaboodle in Fla,and angelsgate in ny . Kaboodles owners,told the undercover agent to clean and feed sick animals.They hired her to DO THIS,and instead of doing it,she filmed it as it was ,and claimed negligence on kaboodles part.

700 cats have just been made wards of Florida,and they can all now be euthanized. Ok. This is what PETA does. 700 cats had a home with care,now they will all die.

Angelsgate,they haven't closed ,yet.

If you want to know just how nuts PETA is,just read their founders will . Intrude Newkirk is a complete fruitloop.

http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-newkirks-unique-will.aspx

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau: I've just read Ingrid Newkirk's last will and testament, and I fail to see why you consider her a 'complete fruitloop'. What I read was inspiring ....... someone using literally every last ounce of themselves to highlight the plight of animals around the world. Animals who, let's not forget, have NO way of protesting or defending themselves.

I think she is to be applauded and commended for this.

PETA has done good work and in theory they have a good cause. However instead of stopping animal cruelty their mission now seems to be to turn everyone into a vegan. The people running the group have lost it and the only way PETA can repair their image is to give them the boot and tone down the crazy.

If ingrid Newkirk,saying she wants her flesh barbqued,and her eye mounted and sent to the head of the EPA,isn't fruit loops,and slightly egomaniacal and slightly sociopathic,I have no idea what is .FFFFRRRROOOTTTT LOOOPPSSS .

PETAs agenda is political,and they do not care about animals anymore. Making members go vegan,is akin to a cult.

But hey,whatever works for you .

However instead of stopping animal cruelty their mission now seems to be to turn everyone into a vegan.

I have seen no evidence of this. PETA seem as committed as ever to ending animal cruelty, and yes, factory farming is a priority for them because the numbers of animals involved are so great. And yes, being vegan does of course help this cause.

However, Simbi Laveau, I'm not quite sure how PETA could 'make members go vegan' ....... how would that work exactly?

If ingrid Newkirk,saying she wants her flesh barbqued,and her eye mounted and sent to the head of the EPA,isn't fruit loops,and slightly egomaniacal and slightly sociopathic,I have no idea what is .FFFFRRRROOOTTTT LOOOPPSSS .

PETAs agenda is political,and they do not care about animals anymore. Making members go vegan,is akin to a cult.

But hey,whatever works for you .

You're not seeing the bigger picture ...... the object of the exercise is to bring the plight of animals to the attention of those who have the most influence to end the cruelty.

Sometimes I think people forget that we're all still just animals. Hunting, in particular, is not only natural for our species, it's quite necessary for a healthy ecosystem.

I think God, or nature or whatever you wish to call it, has been around long enough to establish a system of checks and balances that will most effiiciently run its daily schedule without man's need for fact checking [its] every move. Of course I'm referring to the food chain, here.

Peta, and those of like mindedness e.g "I'm a hardcore vegan and meat is murder", seem to live in a model of reality where if I can't see it, it doesn't exist. Now that statemet can have several meanings, so to simplify I will keep it in a specific context: Hunter scenario. ( Counrty folk -vs- City folk )

If not for the hunter, game would become over populated and this would inevitability bring about their own starvation. Very simple math, here.

There's an argument, albeit an absurd one, to be made for our roll in this particular model as in a negitive light i.e over population, thus encroaching onto their territory. Though when someone does bring up this argument I think of a population of over 6bil people and I'm reminded of a quirky milk expression, so I won't bother.

As far as our demesticated lil buddy is concerned, I believe Bob Barker has been preaching the gospel for 30 years. Hurr...

</rant>

• Like 1

I have seen no evidence of this. PETA seem as committed as ever to ending animal cruelty, and yes, factory farming is a priority for them because the numbers of animals involved are so great. And yes, being vegan does of course help this cause.

However, Simbi Laveau, I'm not quite sure how PETA could 'make members go vegan' ....... how would that work exactly?

Factory farming is ultimately due to the demand for low cost animal products, If PETA wanted to make a difference on that front they should be supporting the smaller farmers where welfare is key, promoting a higher income for these farmers so it is actually worth their effort to stay in the game. Instead they paint all with the same brush which in my experience has lead to some very ill informed members.

Taking organic meat for example, some of the leading parasitologists in Northern Ireland I know are very concerned. Because organic doesnt mean healthy animals, as they are at severe risks from parasitic infection and disease and thus if not managed will have poorer welfare and health than those given the proper treatment.

The plight of these animals that PETA MURDERS,is quite out there at this point.

The bigger picture is again,their political aspirations . Throwing paint on Beyonces fur coat,does Jack for the animals being slaughtered for them .

Attack the industry,not the fools that wear the coats. There was an actress,I have to look it up .She went up to the arctic,and tried to PERSONALLY STOP BABY. SEAL SLAUGHTER.

They killed them and skinned them right in front of her. She threw her body on the skinned still alive baby ,to keep it warm.

THAT ,I never forgot .

Just like the actress that went into the bay with the dolphins,to stop the locals from killing them,IN JAPAN .

THAT,I never forgot.She not allowed in the country anymore.

PETA killing 1000s of animals ,to save them from alleged horrible lives,that too,I won't forget.They're murders,and hypocrites.

They won't get any donations from me ,ever.Same for HSUS .They also have an agenda ,that does not help animals,and their donations go into their ceos pockets,not to help animals.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Do you know anyone working for PETA ? I do.He went vegan for them,and so does anyone he seems to work with. Do the math . They request it,and I'm not sure what they do,if you refuse .I know you are not allowed to eat ANY non vegan items,while on a PETA endeavor,and the company is paying for it.

PETA killing 1000s of animals ,to save them from alleged horrible lives,that too,I won't forget.They're murders,and hypocrites.

They won't get any donations from me ,ever.Same for HSUS .They also have an agenda ,that does not help animals,and their donations go into their ceos pockets,not to help animals.

Some of the girls in may masters class are avid suporters and donate money to PETA, when this article came out they started crying then a week later went into denial mode

It's as it always is.Someone has a vision,and it turns into a monster .

And it was Brigit Bardot who did the baby seal thing.

I saw photos of her,when i was a little kid.Like 5 or 6,cradling bloody seals. I never,ever forgot that .

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20067620,00.html

Ingrid Newkirk spouts crap,and takes our money .A famous actress,flew to frozen wasteland,with her own money,for the seals.

Now that's real .....

The actress with the dolphins. Her name elludes me. She was on LOST .Young girl.

She refused to let them kill the dolphins ,they poked spears at her. She had to flee the country to keep from being arrested.

Her own money,her life on the line. No ,I don't see Ingrid Newkirk doing anything for those dolphins.

Ever see those videos ? They slit the dolphins throats,and they bleed out IFO their calves .

They claim that and whaling is for food. 90% of the meat is wasted. Guys on ships being arrested and attacked.

Where's ingrid newkirk ? Oh yeah,killing healthy dogs behind a barn,so they don't live a sad life.

>_<

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Do you know anyone working for PETA ? I do.He went vegan for them,and so does anyone he seems to work with. Do the math . They request it,and I'm not sure what they do,if you refuse .I know you are not allowed to eat ANY non vegan items,while on a PETA endeavor,and the company is paying for it.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me that if PETA is paying for the food then it has to be vegan ....... what in heaven's name is wrong with that!? If they were given money for McDonalds burgers or KFC you'd be screaming 'hypocrites'!

Don't you think it's more likely that if people are interested in working for /volunteering for PETA then they want to be vegan or at least vegetarian? That, surely, is the most likely explanation for the person you know and the people he worked with, being vegan.

Seriously, what do you think PETA could do if the people working for them weren't vegan/vegetarian?

Same for HSUS .They also have an agenda ,that does not help animals,and their donations go into their ceos pockets,not to help animals.

If you're going to make claims like that you need to be able to prove it ...... that's a serious accusation to make.

It's as it always is.Someone has a vision,and it turns into a monster .

And it was Brigit Bardot who did the baby seal thing.

I saw photos of her,when i was a little kid.Like 5 or 6,cradling bloody seals. I never,ever forgot that .

http://www.people.co...0067620,00.html

Ingrid Newkirk spouts crap,and takes our money .A famous actress,flew to frozen wasteland,with her own money,for the seals.

Now that's real .....

The actress with the dolphins. Her name elludes me. She was on LOST .Young girl.

She refused to let them kill the dolphins ,they poked spears at her. She had to flee the country to keep from being arrested.

Her own money,her life on the line. No ,I don't see Ingrid Newkirk doing anything for those dolphins.

Ever see those videos ? They slit the dolphins throats,and they bleed out IFO their calves .

They claim that and whaling is for food. 90% of the meat is wasted. Guys on ships being arrested and attacked.

Where's ingrid newkirk ? Oh yeah,killing healthy dogs behind a barn,so they don't live a sad life.

>_<

Hayden Panettiere in Japan with Dolphins

1611_panettiere_a_lg.jpg

• Like 1

Some people should not be allowed to have animals.

Sometimes it is better for the animal to be pts then to have to suffer

• Like 1

I like of see both sides... I think the thought of killing them is horrible ,unkind and the worst way to habnld anything,

But I think they are better to be put to sleep than to be sold to labs for them to do things to evil to even put into words.

People either value their pets , love and treat them kindly , OR they ignore them and don't.

Theres really not a lot between. While we would love to save all the animals, its unrealistic .

If they would make an way to render them sterile with some sort of meds and put that out in the foods for strays and such.

This could be a easily fixed problem. ,Since there is no profit for someone in that , its unlikely

When I think of my dog CoCo , she is 2.5 pounds and a mixed poodle w a chichiq/ I would rather her be put to sleep than tested on .. I adore her , she has brought so much joy to my , well my whole family. To say kill her is a hard thing to say.

• Like 1

Hayden Panettiere in Japan with Dolphins

It's nice to see a celebrity doing something for the greater good.

Not enough of them bother.

• Like 1

Sounds like PETA just collects their donations then murders animals behind the scenes. So much for animal rights, just self-serving humans :no:

• Like 1

They want cats to eat only vegitation diets, something that is harmful to them. They condemn people drinking milk because cows should be free or such such. They want fish to be called sea kittens so people will stop eating them. They condemn the use of any animal products, including insulin which saves lives.They regularly place animals on the same level, if not above, humans.

If PETA just wanted to end animal cruelty that would be a noble. But they moved past that cause into crazy town. I'm all for ending animal cruetly but PETA has become part of the problem not the solution.

• Like 2