Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What If Humans Had Eagle Vision?

Still Waters

If you swapped your eyes for an eagle's, you could see an ant crawling on the ground from the roof of a 10-story building. You could make out the expressions on basketball players' faces from the worst seats in the arena. Objects directly in your line of sight would appear magnified, and everything would be brilliantly colored, rendered in an inconceivable array of shades.

The more scientists learn about eagle vision, the more awesome it sounds. Thanks to developing technologies, some aspects of their eyesight may eventually be achievable for humans. Others, we can only imagine.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• psyche101

• WoIverine

• Timothy

Yeah, I'll pass. I can see my love handles well enough as it is. I don't think seeing in 1080p HD 'Eagle' vision is going to help me any. Or, for that matter, anyone else who happened to glance down from a 10 story building, as the article implies. :lol:

I actually thought it could get as good as 20/2 vision.

Sign me up, I'd love Eagle Eyes. I just found I need gasses at the end of last year. I wonder what my eyesight would be like if we have eagle vision, would what we call normal vision be what an Eagle consideres half blind?

I actually thought it could get as good as 20/2 vision.

Sign me up, I'd love Eagle Eyes. I just found I need gasses at the end of last year. I wonder what my eyesight would be like if we have eagle vision, would what we call normal vision be what an Eagle consideres half blind?

20/2 would be amazing! Mine is better than 20/20 but for how long...

Also 20/2 is 10x better than 20/20. 20/4 is 5x better, 20/5 is 4x better etc.

It would be nice, I'm legally blind in one eye, cornea prob. I can still see out of it, of course, but everything is blurry. My other eye is far better than normal though, which is pretty cool. Eagle Vision ala Assassin's Creed sounds great!

I just realized, I must have almost as good vision as eagles...

I can see ants from atop a 10-story building too. (well as long as the books aren't too thick)

Ja ja ja o______0

Edited by Timonthy

Mine used to be 20/20, but I am not even 40 yet, and I am already beginning to feel age slowly taking it away.

45 next month, it was quite a shock to me last year. I was fitting off a motor control centre and I could not read the markings on the control cables. I thought the cable was faulty at first, it sure comes as a shock.

20/2 would be amazing! Mine is better than 20/20 but for how long...

Also 20/2 is 10x better than 20/20. 20/4 is 5x better, 20/5 is 4x better etc.

It was Hawks I was thinking of ;) They can get 20/2 vision, although as far as I know, the best vision recorded in a human is 20/8, apparently 20/15 is reasonably common in humans.

I wonder if laser surgery might one day be capable of creating better vision? Not really sure how it works.

I think the first sign I truly felt that I was getting old was back when I was about to leave the military. I had two months to go when we had our last PRT, but for the first time ever, I did not actually make my time for my run. I was off by a good minute or so. I was p***ed because I would have to spend the remainder of my time in the military going to the morning meetings of the Fat Boys Club.

That is, until a pipsqueak of an E-1 manning a clipboard comes up to me and cheerful states, "Oh, don't worry sir, you made it! You are in a new age group this year, so you get more time to run."

...Thank you, **you little punk**.<_<

I wonder if laser surgery might one day be capable of creating better vision? Not really sure how it works.

My sister had it done to herself. Basically, it laser carves the eye lens into the proper shape. That's why it only works in cases where it is a lens issue.

I think the first sign I truly felt that I was getting old was back when I was about to leave the military. I had two months to go when we had our last PRT, but for the first time ever, I did not actually make my time for my run. I was off by a good minute or so. I was p***ed because I would have to spend the remainder of my time in the military going to the morning meetings of the Fat Boys Club.

That is, until a pipsqueak of an E-1 manning a clipboard comes up to me and cheerful states, "Oh, don't worry sir, you made it! You are in a new age group this year, so you get more time to run."

...Thank you, **you little punk**.<_<

:w00t:

:rofl: That is an awesome story LOL, thanks for the chuckle! My gosh it hits hard, I remember when I looked at that cable the boss chuckled and handed his glasses to me, I looked through them as a joke and simply remarked Holy Crap. He near fell over laughing.

Still good driving and genreal viewing, but reading is a glasses job now.

My sister had it done to herself. Basically, it laser carves the eye lens into the proper shape. That's why it only works in cases where it is a lens issue.

Ahh, thanks, Laser is definitely not the answer to better visual acuity then.

Edited by psyche101

It would be nice, I'm legally blind in one eye, cornea prob. I can still see out of it, of course, but everything is blurry. My other eye is far better than normal though, which is pretty cool. Eagle Vision ala Assassin's Creed sounds great!

I just finished playing Assassins Creed Revelations and clicked on this thread because I thought it was about that kind of eagle vision......

It was Hawks I was thinking of ;) They can get 20/2 vision, although as far as I know, the best vision recorded in a human is 20/8, apparently 20/15 is reasonably common in humans.

20/10 here, in my good eye. ;)

I just finished playing Assassins Creed Revelations and clicked on this thread because I thought it was about that kind of eagle vision......

I'm gearing up for AC3, lets finish the fight. Sad to see Ezio go, but all good things I guess, right?

I'd rather have X-ray vision. ;)