Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan 2011 Photos!

Shadesong

Really, really belated, but enjoy! ^_^

Pictured are Ikebukuro, Tokyo, and Nikko. I spent the majority of my time in Ikebukuro, but took a day trip to Nikko. The older-looking room is in a Ryokan; that particular one used to be an emperor's pavilion, if I remember correctly.

http://imageshack.us/g/718/facebookphotodownload10a.jpg/

Edited by Shadesong

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shadesong

• Eldorado

• Robbie333

• Wordless Wanderer

I fell in love with Ryokans the moment I read about them and saw pictures

Really, really belated, but enjoy! ^_^

Pictured are Ikebukuro, Tokyo, and Nikko. I spent the majority of my time in Ikebukuro, but took a day trip to Nikko. The older-looking room is in a Ryokan; that particular one used to be an emperor's pavilion, if I remember correctly.

http://imageshack.us...ownload10a.jpg/

Thank you much for the pics. Simply beautiful.

Glad that you guys like them. ^_^

I'll be going back in a couple of weeks, so expect to see some more. ^_^

Very nice. Nico in the winter is good if you are going to the hot springs. In early Spring, it is real nice, when you can see the mountains without all the cloud cover.

Very interesting. Thank you Shadesong :)

Great photos, Shade, thanks for sharing them.

Now, a silly question... that photo of dark painted gates with a line of little white bags of something in front of them... do you know what’s the story behind that?

Looking at these made me sad.Im very homesick.I almost moved to Japan.I always wonder if I made a mistake not doing so.

Did you only see Ikebukero in Tokyo ?

I recognize the street with the Hello Kitty store.I think that Planetary cafe is above it.All the drinks and ice cream dishes are named for planets and Astro things.

Did you go to Sunshine city ? Its up the street from there a ways,on the right hand side of the street.

They have that interactive haunted house on the top floor there.Also a massive multi level food court,with all kinds of ice cream,shu cream,and desserts.

I believe there a cat petting floor as well.

I've never been to Nikko.I should go given how close it is to Tokyo.

Did you see the Shogun Ieyasu museum ? Its there.Its also famous for hot springs.

If you want any advice on places to go ,Tokyo especially,message me.

Ikebukero is on the Yamenote line on the JR trains,and everything cool is on the yamenote.

Im also very familiar with Osaka. I've spent time in Kyoto,Nagoya,and Hiroshima. I've been all over the country,but those are where I've spent a bit of time.

I've never been to Hokkaido or Sapporo though....

I try to see one new area ,every time I go,but I haven't gone back since I started my business.

Its hard to do now. I miss my friends,and its home for me .

*sighs*

Have some good okonomiyaki for me .....