Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghostbusters: Medium clears haunted house

Still Waters

REAL-LIFE Ghostbusters have succeeded in banishing unwanted ghosts from a tormented Scots mum’s home.

After two failed attempts by a Church of Scotland minister to rid single mum Vicky Dann’s Dalkeith home of spooks, the Midlothian Paranormal Investigations (MPI) stepped in to finish the job.

Ms Dann, (40), today spoke of her relief after members of the MPI managed to identify the mystery ghost and send him packing.

arrow3.gifRead more...

That's pretty cool. The fact the family wasn't charged adds some credibility to the group.

That's pretty cool. The fact the family wasn't charged adds some credibility to the group.

How is that?

It was free advertisement.....She charges for readings, I called :)

Here is her site :

http://www.edinburghmedium.com/index.htm

As far as we know, the haunting was faked, the publicity was great.......

How is that?

Here is her site :

Contact Me

I'm happy to do readings for parties of up to five people and will travel by car to your location within the periphery of Edinburgh. It's human nature to want to have a good time when you have your friends gathered for a reading. However, I would only ask that the nature of the work I do is respected at all times.

If anyone would like more information or a consultation, please call the office between the hours of 7-8.30pm. I do have an extensive waiting list for readings, however I will endeavour to get back to you the same day with a suitable appointment.

Home telephone: 0131 654 0900 / Email: edinburghmedium@hotmail.com

Love 'n' Light! :)

Jackie xxx

Guess that blows this one outta the water :blush:

Nice work Sakari.

How is that?

Here is her site :

I stand corrected. Well, I'm sitting right now, so I sit corrected.

I stand corrected. Well, I'm sitting right now, so I sit corrected.

:tu:

I have a question, why is it wrong to pay for a reading or charge for one? Why does it signal people that the person is a fake? I'm really struggling with this concept. Now I do realize that not all are genuine and there are lots of fakes out there but what about the real ones, why would it be wrong?

Thanks,

Gracie.

Sounds like a great way for a grade schooler and college freshman to play hookey, all the while staying home in a "haunted house", classic poltergeist.

I have a question, why is it wrong to pay for a reading or charge for one? Why does it signal people that the person is a fake? I'm really struggling with this concept. Now I do realize that not all are genuine and there are lots of fakes out there but what about the real ones, why would it be wrong?

Thanks,

Gracie.

Gracie,

Out of respect for you as a person, I have a hard time answering this one to you.

I guess if someone is getting a general reading, and not specifics it is not as bad as someone being specific and telling someone their missing child is dead, and buried under a rock on live television......When weeks later the child is found alive and well........( Sylvia Brown )

I will leave it at that :)

Rob

So if people want to come to you for a reading,you're not allowed to charge for your time and talent ?

So ummmm,does everyone here do what they do for a living,for free ?

Duh.

And Sylvia Brown is not ANYONE to give advice.

She absolutely has a gift,and she's milked it into an endless stream of bull**** books ,just to make money .

Call and ask HER how much she charges for just a phone reading,as its about 500USD.

And now she pushes her son on everyone,claiming he too is gifted,but hes only about 300USD .In person,they charge a whole lot more.

Oops !

I was wrong,Slyvia now charges 850USD ,and her son is 500USD.

I believe it's for a half hour at most,but I could be wrong.

http://readings.sylviabrowne.com/

Edited by missymoo999

I suppose if people get comfort from a reading then to that person its priceless....i dont believe in it all myself mind..

My main takeaway from this story is that the family can live in their home in peace again. If a mother and her two daughters can live without fear in their own home then I'm a big fan of whatever accomplished that whether I believe in it or not :)

Gracie,

Out of respect for you as a person, I have a hard time answering this one to you.

I guess if someone is getting a general reading, and not specifics it is not as bad as someone being specific and telling someone their missing child is dead, and buried under a rock on live television......When weeks later the child is found alive and well........( Sylvia Brown )

I will leave it at that :)

Rob

Thank you so much Rob, I appreciate it. I do see what your saying and there should be some sort of money back thingy but what she did was wrong. I personally think there should always be a third party involved with things like lost children. A psychic tells their impressions and the third party checks it out before going to the parents. No one, in any profession is 100%, it's unreasonable to think otherwise. And let's face it, readings are intuitive guesses, we don't know for sure and the person getting the reading is ultimately responsible for their life. Some readers are better than others but everyone has an off day, even the car salesman down the street can't promise the car won't break down... but he still gets his commission. I'm not sure I see much of a difference these days.

Your honesty and gentle nature is so appreciated.

Your Friend,

Gracie.

Thanks,

Gracie.

Because charging for readings would associate you, in people's minds, with every other "psychic", who is only looking to make an easy buck by fooling the weak minded and/or people desperately looking for answers (a type of "psychic" that is saturating popular culture, as well as 1-900 hotlines). If you consider yourself a true spiritual medium, would you feel good about making people think that those charlatans are more credible, due to you practicing the same profession? I think there's a reason that people who really believe they have a gift, and use it to help people, don't make a paying job out of it. The above, plus probably a sense of self pride, and ethics.

But what do I know? I have trouble believing even those who truly believe themselves that they have some kind of spiritual gift, actually have something going on there.

Because charging for readings would associate you, in people's minds, with every other "psychic", who is only looking to make an easy buck by fooling the weak minded and/or people desperately looking for answers (a type of "psychic" that is saturating popular culture, as well as 1-900 hotlines). If you consider yourself a true spiritual medium, would you feel good about making people think that those charlatans are more credible, due to you practicing the same profession? I think there's a reason that people who really believe they have a gift, and use it to help people, don't make a paying job out of it. The above, plus probably a sense of self pride, and ethics.

But what do I know? I have trouble believing even those who truly believe themselves that they have some kind of spiritual gift, actually have something going on there.

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I'd never feel good about making people think "that those charlatans are more credible due to me working the same profession." If you're not getting paid, it's not a profession. I don't make money or ask for it yet because I don't think I'm good enough yet, though others feel I am. I do have my own website but in my opinion you need to be really-really good to ask for money. It matters to me how I feel about it and what others do but I have to be true to myself first. It's not something that a person should take advantage of if they don't have a gift and a strong one. That's an opinion, of course and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm no one's judge. I'd love to make money at it some day but I need more confidence before I can do that. Not actually sure I'll ever get there and that's ok with me but people that do and are good, really good at it are getting painted by the same brush and I just don't see how that's fair. Maybe I'm not seeing it right or I'm mistaken in some way. It might interest you to know that I used to be a skeptic and I'm a conservative woman, not to mention 55 years old. Oh, I don't think people that ask for readings are weak minded either, most just need someone to talk to that have a bit more insight than others and that's all I consider it, a bit more insight.

Gracie.

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I'd never feel good about making people think "that those charlatans are more credible due to me working the same profession." If you're not getting paid, it's not a profession. I don't make money or ask for it yet because I don't think I'm good enough yet, though others feel I am. I do have my own website but in my opinion you need to be really-really good to ask for money. It matters to me how I feel about it and what others do but I have to be true to myself first. It's not something that a person should take advantage of if they don't have a gift and a strong one. That's an opinion, of course and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm no one's judge. I'd love to make money at it some day but I need more confidence before I can do that. Not actually sure I'll ever get there and that's ok with me but people that do and are good, really good at it are getting painted by the same brush and I just don't see how that's fair. Maybe I'm not seeing it right or I'm mistaken in some way. It might interest you to know that I used to be a skeptic and I'm a conservative woman, not to mention 55 years old. Oh, I don't think people that ask for readings are weak minded either, most just need someone to talk to that have a bit more insight than others and that's all I consider it, a bit more insight.

Gracie.

Hatch....i do not think you need to explain yourself...in all walks of life,we have people who are inclined to rip off others....if it was in building terms,people would not blink an eyelid.The problem lays at the feet of a governing body..or lack of one in medium terms....

Hatch....i do not think you need to explain yourself...in all walks of life,we have people who are inclined to rip off others....if it was in building terms,people would not blink an eyelid.The problem lays at the feet of a governing body..or lack of one in medium terms....

How is a regulatory body supposed to enforce legislation related to this? The day a so-called psychic proves his or her abilities using scientific methodology is the day hell freezes over. Such sociopaths who take advantage of vulnerable under-educated naive individuals should get the death penalty just like anyone else who commits fraud for profit. In China they execute drug-dealers because they take advantage of vulnerable people. These so-called psychics should get the same treatment.

How is a regulatory body supposed to enforce legislation related to this? The day a so-called psychic proves his or her abilities using scientific methodology is the day hell freezes over. Such sociopaths who take advantage of vulnerable under-educated naive individuals should get the death penalty just like anyone else who commits fraud for profit. In China they execute drug-dealers because they take advantage of vulnerable people. These so-called psychics should get the same treatment.

Well, I guess it's good that you aren't a judge in Texas.

To think of all the dead fraudulent bodies piling up in the world.

Edited by Jerry Only

The charlatans are most certainly immoral because they make dishonest profits off the grief, fears, desperation, and desires of others. I believe they figure they are offering a service to the lonely and brokenhearted, no harm done, except false assurances and their checkbook but the clients always leave feeling better. Their services is to give only what their clients want to hear in effect a placebo for the soul taken down with a teaspoon of sugar.

Quite easily...a body run by there own would weed out the unscrupulous ones....

same old bla bla and free commercial time story..

always ends up that the whole family and friendsgroup is gifted..

They only take advantage of the weak and desperate...

Check Shar, Derek Ogilvie etc etc they have to practise in Holland because we have to many of those weak and desperate people.. shame..

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear.

Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one.

Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.

Buddha

He knew were our weaknesses lie... ;)

ProtonPack.jpg

US Government ( taxes ), Oil Companies ( no brainer ), 99% of businesses in the US ( minimum wage-low income ), Real estate brokers ( lenders and agents ), Insurance Companies, Internet business ( get rich fast ), Credit card companies...........

It goes on and on......If people like that got the death penalty, wow, just imagine.