Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christ's disciples' remains 'discovered'

Still Waters

An amateur archaeologist and film maker claims to have identified what could be the remains of some of Christ's 12 disciples in a first century burial chamber buried beneath a block of flats in Jerusalem.

A team led by Simcha Jacobovic, a Canadian documentary director, used a robot to photograph a number of limestone burial caskets, found below a block of flats, which may provide an unprecedented glimpse into Christianity's earliest days.

But the potential significance of the discovery is almost certain to be overshadowed by controversy, with Mr Jacobovic using it as new evidence to bolster his widely disputed claims to have identified the bones of Christ and his family at a nearby burial site.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• spud the mackem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But the potential significance of the discovery is almost certain to be overshadowed by controversy, with Mr Jacobovic using it as new evidence to bolster his widely disputed claims to have identified the bones of Christ and his family at a nearby burial site.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223022

I think that Mr Jacobovic is stating a load of rubbish,but trying to get himself on the world map.How is his team digging up coffins UNDER a block of flats ?.I'd be pretty brassed off if someone decided to have a dig under my property.And to say that they MAY be diciples is amazing,given that the guys died about 2000 yrs ago,and not at the same time.The Romans were in charge them days and they would not have allowed the disciples to be buried together unless they killed them all at the same time and chucked them into a mass grave but then they wouldnt all be in limestone coffins.I would guess that this was a pretty rich family burial site,Mr J should get his act together and stop making false claims to get himself publicity...