Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things you would like to Invent Thread

Taun

Viola! The chill pillow...

http://www.chillowstore.com/

Excellent... If only they had those in the UK and Ireland... I would invest in at least 6 0f those for the family..

Is there anything left to invent? :P

Yes one on my list - Windows, one that never has to keep updating... I doubt that will ever happen, heck Jesus himself couldn't preform that miracle lol tongue.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Taun

• Michelle

• Eldorado

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want a stapler that works all the time without jamming. (And don't tell me about paper clips! ^_^ )

Hang on .. so does every stapler you get your hands on.. jam on you? If so.. then it is not a new stapler you need lol tongue.gif

When I make dinner for everyone at home.. I would tend to take some glasses from the cupboard... rinse them again with cold water, then stick the glasses in the coldest part of my freezer.. By the time I have dinner ready, I can set them down a nice tall frosted glass of milk or whatever.. But say I forgot to do that...If I had one of those machines that could do it in a matter of seconds.. it would be great

Edit, wrong link...

I know there are instant glass frosters on the market but I can't find one.

Those freezy mugs rashore mentioned below are great, by the way.

Edited by Michelle

Good gravely I would LOVE one of those.. It says it can store up to 9 messages.. I would have fun with that, even if it only allows you up to 250 characters for each message lol

So TRUE... I am guilty of that.. ( wish I wasn't ) .. I can never make up my mind. and I hate it.. I even hate clothes shopping.. I can however easily enter a men's clothing store and pick out an outfit for the other half in the space of 5 mins and he will love it.. But in a ladies store.. forget it..

Look very neat Michelle and I wouldn't mind one of those. But what I was thinking of was the same as a the microwave.. Like even cooling food that you accidentally left out in the heat.. Or Like my husband who is forever heating up a cup of coffee in the microwave for like 30 seconds.. Well to be able to do the same with say a glass of water.. or milk and so on that you want cold ASAP ...

When I make dinner for everyone at home.. I would tend to take some glasses from the cupboard... rinse them again with cold water, then stick the glasses in the coldest part of my freezer.. By the time I have dinner ready, I can set them down a nice tall frosted glass of milk or whatever.. But say I forgot to do that...If I had one of those machines that could do it in a matter of seconds.. it would be great

I see where you are going with this...

As far as I understand, a microwave works basically by 'exciting' the molecules in an object, making them 'more energetic' which causes them to heat up (some one correct me if I'm wrong please)...

So what we need is something that 'de-excites' the molecules - or calms them down: what ever- and causes them to cool down... If this is so.. .does something already exist that does this (short of actually using ice?)...

Edited by Taun

Well others are already providing sources for stuff... But lol for Windows.. My hubby said to just get a Mac :rolleyes:

For more quickly chilling beverages, not instant, but quicker. They make glasses and mugs that have liquid in the walls that you pop into the freezer and once frozen chill a beverage pretty quickly. Just like ice, but without the melting into the beverage :)

For cooler pillows, some of the memory foam ones and buckwheat pillows are supposed to be pretty decent. I think chillows are pretty neat though.

The dog silencers are purported to work for noisy cats too.

I want surveillance octopods for my yard and a data recording tank to follow me through the garden. But for that I must have patience and wait for the hubby to finish making them, lol.

I want a closet where you can hang even the dirtiest clothes and they are cleaned without water. I really don't like doing laundry. My husband does most of it, bless him.

I know there are instant glass frosters on the market but I can't find one.

Those freezy mugs rashore mentioned below are great, by the way.

If you ever find anything on line about them.. Drop me the link. I would greatly appreciate that But only if you have the time... thank in advance

I see where you are going with this...

As far as I understand, a microwave works basically by 'exciting' the molecules in an object, making them 'more energetic' which causes them to heat up (some one correct me if I'm wrong please)...

So what we need is something that 'de-excites' the molecules - or calms them down: what ever- and causes them to cool down... If this is so.. .does something already exist that does this (short of actually using ice?)...

To be honest .. I have no idea.. I once tried looking this up of what I had in mind and I got nowhere ....

For cooler pillows, some of the memory foam ones and buckwheat pillows are supposed to be pretty decent. I think chillows are pretty neat though.

The dog silencers are purported to work for noisy cats too.

I want surveillance octopods for my yard and a data recording tank to follow me through the garden. But for that I must have patience and wait for the hubby to finish making them, lol.

The link Michelle found and posted was excellent.. They called them the CHILLOW.. cool name too ( pun not intended )... I would love those over here , like I said I would buy at least 6 of them......I have tried to buy cool pillows before .. but the ones I got from Argos are not that good.. I guess I believed the hype at the time..

Question - Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night, only to find your feet really hot?........ I do and it annoys me.. If I had those pillows I could place one at me feet too ..

So dog silencers can be used on noisy cats too? If so, I have to get me one of those.. ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

i would like to invent something that is invisible to me but the birds could see it and not fly into my windows all the time

also, i would like to have an alarm clock that quietly woke me with a soft message like good morning jackie the coffee is ready

speaking of which, why isn't there coffee scented air freshener??

it would also be cool to have a device that flipped up at the end of my driveway with an image of a kid on a bike for whenever someone too stupid to see the 'not a thru road sign' has to turn around in my driveway.

Hang on .. so does every stapler you get your hands on.. jam on you? If so.. then it is not a new stapler you need lol tongue.gif

Waaaaaahhhh! :cry: :cry:

If you ever find anything on line about them.. Drop me the link. I would greatly appreciate that But only if you have the time... thank in advance

The link Michelle found and posted was excellent.. They called them the CHILLOW.. cool name too ( pun not intended )... I would love those over here , like I said I would buy at least 6 of them......I have tried to buy cool pillows before .. but the ones I got from Argos are not that good.. I guess I believed the hype at the time..

This must have been what I was thinking of.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ronco-Automatic-Instant-Glass-Froster-Chiller-In-BOX-AS-Seen-On-TV-/220968759114?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372c3af4a#ht_4685wt_948

Here is the old commercial. lol

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/au553t/glass-froster

It just uses liquid carbon dioxide.

Chillows can be shipped internationally. Google "chill pillow"...there are quite a few links to different kinds.

Edited by Michelle

A pill you could take that would make a drunk person sober.

The benefits would be tremendous.

This must have been what I was thinking of.

http://www.ebay.com/...a#ht_4685wt_948

Here is the old commercial. lol

http://www.spike.com...t/glass-froster

I just uses liquid carbon dioxide.

Ha ha so cool... I never seen those before.. I notice the one on ebay they are looking $7.00 for one .. Yet the TV commercial was advertising the same one for $5.88 lol But still it is a great wee gadget to have

Chillows can be shipped internationally. Google "chill pillow"...there are quite a few links to different kinds.

I just thought I would look it up.. and I actually found a UK site that sells these chilows.. --> http://www.coolpillows.co.uk/ .. . That is bloody EXCELLENT

And all thanks to you Michelle.. I wouldn't have heard of them until you flashed the website.. and I am serious... I must see if Gary will agree for me to place an order .......even if I have to nag my way lol I should buy maybe two to start with to see how well they work, then buy another 4 or so...

I now like this thread very much...I didn't honestly think it would come in helpful ...I never usually rate thread with 5 stars.. I normally only give the odd thread one star.. But this one gets 5 from me.. ..Wish there was a like button tongue.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You guys are all welcome for the links. I love looking up odd things on the net. :tu:

I think that commercial was from about 1971, BM. :lol:

Edited by Michelle

Ha ha so cool... I never seen those before.. I notice the one on ebay they are looking $7.00 for one .. Yet the TV commercial was advertising the same one for $5.88 lol But still it is a great wee gadget to have

I just thought I would look it up.. and I actually found a UK site that sells these chilows.. --> http://www.coolpillows.co.uk/ .. . That is bloody EXCELLENT

And all thanks to you Michelle.. I wouldn't have heard of them until you flashed the website.. and I am serious... I must see if Gary will agree for me to place an order .......even if I have to nag my way lol I should buy maybe two to start with to see how well they work, then buy another 4 or so...

I now like this thread very much...I didn't honestly think it would come in helpful ...I never usually rate thread with 5 stars.. I normally only give the odd thread one star.. But this one gets 5 from me.. ..Wish there was a like button tongue.gif

Thanks BM!...

My original intent was for just goofy 'wish' kind of inventions like my first post... but I also posted this on another site and someone there suggested a monitor that reminds the driver that there is a baby in the car before they get out... That could actually save lives!

Sometimes a goofy thread does do good!

You guys are all welcome for the links. I love looking up odd things on the net. :tu:

I think that commercial was from about 1971, BM. :lol:

1971? You're joking lol.. ha ha that was a bit before my time laugh.gif And there was me going.. cool this I must see if I can get me one of those.. OMG I feel like a dippy bint right now laugh.gif

Thanks BM!...

My original intent was for just goofy 'wish' kind of inventions like my first post... but I also posted this on another site and someone there suggested a monitor that reminds the driver that there is a baby in the car before they get out... That could actually save lives!

Sometimes a goofy thread does do good!

It is amazing how a goofy thread can turn out useful... Well I am saying that cuz see it turned out really useful for me w00t.gif I listed my wannabe inventions and VOLA I got help...You can't beat that with a big stick

OK I have another invention wish ...........

You know how people can get those electric blankets ? My daughter has one on her bed..

Well.. How about a blanket that is like the chillows a cool lasting blanket.. perfect for the summer for when it is too hot to sleep?

Hope Michelle reads this one too lol

Well.. How about a blanket that is like the chillows a cool lasting blanket.. perfect for the summer for when it is too hot to sleep?

Hope Michelle reads this one too lol

I saw this on Dr. Oz. Not a blanket, but....

http://www.coolingmattress.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OL1001&Category_Code=DrOzShow

Or you could get a waterbed and not use the heater. I love a waterbed, but if you don't keep the heater on even in the summer it'll freeze you to death! *brrrr*

1971? You're joking lol.. ha ha that was a bit before my time laugh.gif And there was me going.. cool this I must see if I can get me one of those.. OMG I feel like a dippy bint right now laugh.gif

You are a dippy bint. :lol:

It would be cool to have one if you could still get the co2 refills.

I may be wrong about this.. But don't they use CO2 for paint ball guns?

Offhand I don't know. I'm pretty sure it is what they use for sugar and chocolate sculptures to quickly connect pieces together. I guess you could just buy those and spray the glasses in a pinch. It would probably be cost prohibitive to do it on a regular basis though. It would be nice for a special occasion. Oh, I think the light bulb came on over my head. :innocent:

We have a good supply of the freezy mugs you were talking about. :tu:

Edited by Michelle

A pill you could take that would make a drunk person sober.

The benefits would be tremendous.

That is a great idea! If you're at home, relaxing and having a couple of drinks, and there is some sort of emergency then you wouldn't have to drive drunk.

I'd need to invent my female companion with a male sense of humour methinks.

Aw come on, you know we women are hilarious. ;)

Offhand I don't know. I'm pretty sure it is what they use for sugar and chocolate sculptures to quickly connect pieces together. I guess you could just buy those and spray the glasses in a pinch. It would probably be cost prohibitive to do it on a regular basis though. It would be nice for a special occasion. Oh, I think the light bulb came on over my head. :innocent:

We have a good supply of the freezy mugs you were talking about. :tu:

Nah, they usually use either canned air (like the stuff for cleaning computers) or canned C2F4 (AKA Tetrafluoroethene) for quick chilling in confectionery. N2O for whipping creams, occasionally liquid nitrogen and anti-griddles for other stuff :)

But oohhh, I love our freeze mugs.

I saw this on Dr. Oz. Not a blanket, but....

http://www.coolingma...y_Code=DrOzShow

Or you could get a waterbed and not use the heater. I love a waterbed, but if you don't keep the heater on even in the summer it'll freeze you to death! *brrrr*

It reads - The Feel Cooler Cooling mattress pad responds to changes in your body temperature to help you sleep cool. Finally there is a cooling mattress pad that helps regulate your body temperature so you can sleep cool!

Now thats is really good.. I need to seriously look up one of those.. It would be wonderful to have in the summer time... Would make it easier to sleep ..Thanks for that link Michelle..AND they seem rather reasonably priced too ..It is amazing the things I never really hear of or see, they are out there.. The Americans seem to come up with the handy inventions

You are a dippy bint. :lol:

Yup I is laugh.gif I told my husband the links you showed me and about the advert dated back in 1972...he laughed his kacks off at that one.. lol

It would be cool to have one if you could still get the co2 refills.

I agree it sure would

OK NEW Invention idea... --> A Michelle robot ( The Michelle-A-Tron 3000 ) to have at home, one that generate ideas to reality and show you the way to a world of inventions you never knew existed... Just plug her in, and the Michelle A-Tron 3000 will generate a world wide look up for you in moments and have the answers ... You will no longer find it a struggle to know where to look for things again, Or wonder if they existed.. especially if you are a dippy bint like BM lol ....... Just ask her a question and wait moments.. ....So throw away your Wikipedia and Ask Jeeves.. and get yourself a Michelle A-Tron 3000 tongue.gif

Just joking..But you have been most helpful...I am seriously considering those pillows and mattress pads ... I never knew they had them..So thank you

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Nah, they usually use either canned air (like the stuff for cleaning computers) or canned C2F4 (AKA Tetrafluoroethene) for quick chilling in confectionery. N2O for whipping creams, occasionally liquid nitrogen and anti-griddles for other stuff :)

But oohhh, I love our freeze mugs.

Oh well, just a thought. CO2 spray is still readily available for other applications.