Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doubts about Animal Planet- The Haunted?

explorer2012

I was comparing the Discovery's "Ghost Lab" and Animal Planet's "The Haunted" and the intensity varies greatly between the two. No one like ever get hurt in Ghost Labs. But in The Haunted, you have like people/animals getting killed. I do question how legit ,The Haunted is. And why the big difference in intesity? Ghost Lab just happened to pick mild case and The Haunted focused on extreme ones?

And I also found that in Ghost Lab, there always like a consistent methodology they use which adds the feeling of professionalism. They like always use EVP and EMF and so on.

But in The Haunted, it’s like on and off. Sometimes they use EVP and EMF and sometimes those things are completely omitted. This lack of a consistent standard methodology makes me feel unprofessionalism and fakeness.

It’s like sometimes they use exocerism and sometimes they use candles and salt. The EMF isn’t even always used. It’s far from, “Ghostbuster” franchise. Even though that’s fiction but at least there’s the element of a standard scientific methodology.

I do believe in paranormal due to the reminders out there like Alcatraz and U.S.S Constellation. But the cases in The Haunted just feel inconsistent and lack professionalism.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• explorer2012

• Paranormalstate12

Ghost Lab (and others like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures) is about one particular investigation group and what they experience whenever they are investigating allegedly haunted places. The Haunted is much like the Discovery Channel's A Haunting in that it's more focused on telling a good scary story. The investigations in each story are going to be as varied as the stories themselves because there aren't any sort of set rules for teams. Everyone kinda does their own thing. I'm sure that if an investigation into any of the stories on The Haunted is exciting in any way, it's kept in the episode; if not, it's edited out. So you're kinda comparing apples and oranges.

I am familiar with the haunted. I do belive paranormal activity can happen in anybody's home but I think with shows like these, they stretch things out and add stuff in that didnt really happen to keep us intreged with he show. But yes. Some of the things that happen as in voices, footsteps and pAranormal/animal interaction.

Edited by Paranormalstate12

actually i took a closer look at The Haunted. it saids that its docudrama which mean its basically story plus fiction formula. so its a big fake. i originally saw it under documentary section on netflix which has factual documentary alongside it so it was misleading. <_<

The definition of a docudrama is that it's a documentary-style program with aspects of the stories which are re-inacted.

it is defined as being based on narrative and fiction and i would leave it at leave. you interpret it as you want based on that.

I'm not interpreting anything. I merely conveyed a definition. If you don't want to split hairs, you shouldn't have started the discussion.