Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Government Is Too Big to Succeed

Bracket

America has painted itself into a corner. The nation is faced with trillion-dollar deficits, but most political leaders are unwilling to propose real solutions for fear of alienating voters who want it all.Special interests maintain a death grip on the status quo, making it hard to fix things that everyone agrees are broken.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• gnostic-deity

• regeneratia

• Babe Ruth

Unstoppable force meets immovable object. I predict violent annihilation of the status quo. I wonder what things will look like after the explosion...

As to whether or not the US government has, can or will succeed, that depends upon one's perspective.

For example, from the perspective of a war profiteer, it has succeeded beyond one's wildest dreams, and yes, "Mission Accomplished" was a truthful statement. :ph34r:

I am ready for the USA government to fail, to be cleaned up and to get back to the original government.

This country won't die because the morphed government we now have fails. The country is OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE. As long as there are people, this country will remain.

That is why I do not boohoo about illegal immigrants. Let them come. Their influx taxes our government and keeps them off balance.

I just do not feel respectful of our current government and want it to fail, merely for purification purposes so that we can get our American liberties back.

The terrorist didn't remove our Constitutional Rights. The USA government did it. The USA government, from that outlook, are the terrorist.

Well guys, in a democracy all people get the government they deserve.

If the general interest of the public is such that less than 30% of those eligible register to vote and only 55% of those actually do so nobody should be surprised that the government runs off with them. If the public cannot discern between a broken system and their own role in it (best example 8% approve of Congress but 55% approve of their Congressman/woman) there is nothing that will fix it.

Changing the puppet at the top leads nowhere.

I agree in general terms that the people get the government they deserve. But we know that cause & effect relationships are seldom black and white.

Ike was not joking around in 1961 with his Farewell Address. And while the US citizenry is certainly lazy and oblivious, it is also true that they have been grossly propagandized and misinformed over several generations now, by behind-the-scenes men and organizations that benefit from the status quo.

So there is plenty of blame to go around for the mess we're in.

Regeneratia

I agree with everything you say there, especially your last sentence.

I would remind you that the country which we love so much, and the government of that country, are 2 distinct and separate entities, and that as George Washington noted, government is like fire--a useful servant, but a fearsome master.

I always avoid conflating the two entities in conversation. :rolleyes:

Unstoppable force meets immovable object. I predict violent annihilation of the status quo. I wonder what things will look like after the explosion...

It'll happen alright. Sooner rather than later.

I suppose we could always sell off Hawaii and Alaska. That might put us in the clear.

Probably like a fascist police state. 1984.

I am ready for the USA government to fail, to be cleaned up and to get back to the original government.

This country won't die because the morphed government we now have fails. The country is OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE. As long as there are people, this country will remain.

That is why I do not boohoo about illegal immigrants. Let them come. Their influx taxes our government and keeps them off balance.

I just do not feel respectful of our current government and want it to fail, merely for purification purposes so that we can get our American liberties back.

The terrorist didn't remove our Constitutional Rights. The USA government did it. The USA government, from that outlook, are the terrorist.

Has it occurred to you that things might get worse instead of better? Government is the perfect example of entropy in action.

You get it. I hope more do. Don't advertise too much. Pick your battle ground wisely. Stealth and low key, just remember

Personaly I fear its just too late for America. Thinking things will somehow get better in the middle of this designed ecomonic collapse is wishful thinking at best. This isnt all for nothing. There goal is globalism. One world economy, one world government. Its gonna be hard for people to revolt, when they dont have enough to eat. By the time they are done with this place, most people will be beging for any solution that brings food back to the table.

We can hope that the government is replaced by one that is justifiable, true, and pure.

But with the things government's deal with on a daily basis, this can never be one hundred percent pure.

There will always be a degree of malevolence through military actions the government, via the military must commit for domestic security.

• 3 weeks later...

You get it. I hope more do. Don't advertise too much. Pick your battle ground wisely. Stealth and low key, just remember

This is the book to read

http://www.powells.com/biblio/0312863551

Gives you a good anatomy of a revolution, and shows how it can be done with success.

I agree in general terms that the people get the government they deserve. But we know that cause & effect relationships are seldom black and white.

Ike was not joking around in 1961 with his Farewell Address. And while the US citizenry is certainly lazy and oblivious, it is also true that they have been grossly propagandized and misinformed over several generations now, by behind-the-scenes men and organizations that benefit from the status quo.

So there is plenty of blame to go around for the mess we're in.

Regeneratia

I agree with everything you say there, especially your last sentence.

I would remind you that the country which we love so much, and the government of that country, are 2 distinct and separate entities, and that as George Washington noted, government is like fire--a useful servant, but a fearsome master.

I always avoid conflating the two entities in conversation. :rolleyes:

Heinlein addresses this issue quite well. It is worth speeding thru http://www.powells.com/biblio/0312863551 and this http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=0671577808

I am a huge fan of Robert Heinlein, though it has been years since I've read any of his books. Back in the 70s & 80s probably read a dozen or more. :yes:

This is the book to read

http://www.powells.c...blio/0312863551

Gives you a good anatomy of a revolution, and shows how it can be done with success.

Thank you, I will give it a read. I hope our local library has this so I can download it to my Kindle. I am going away to Seattle for ten days and this would be great for my trip. Have a good day.

Well guys, in a democracy all people get the government they deserve.

If the general interest of the public is such that less than 30% of those eligible register to vote and only 55% of those actually do so nobody should be surprised that the government runs off with them. If the public cannot discern between a broken system and their own role in it (best example 8% approve of Congress but 55% approve of their Congressman/woman) there is nothing that will fix it.

Changing the puppet at the top leads nowhere.

i agree with that. i wonder how hard it would be to make it so that nobody in politics would be paid a salary, benefits, etc, so that it would be an entirely "voluntary" system. no profit. then, maybe we could see some real progress with this country.

i agree with that. i wonder how hard it would be to make it so that nobody in politics would be paid a salary, benefits, etc, so that it would be an entirely "voluntary" system. no profit. then, maybe we could see some real progress with this country.

There would be no government. Who works for free?

Follow the money.. it always leads somewhere.. hopefully somewhere beautiful.

There would be no government. Who works for free?

people who care

people who care

And God provides food, clothing and shelter, right?

And God provides food, clothing and shelter, right?

Manna from heaven, water from a rock, and tents worked for Moses and his people. I guess they had to make their own clothes.

Wouldn't no pay or benefits just invite (demand) corruption?

well its completely corrupt now, so lets try something else at least.

Manna from heaven, water from a rock, and tents worked for Moses and his people. I guess they had to make their own clothes.

If you believe in that mythology... It doesn't really work in a modern world.

well its completely corrupt now, so lets try something else at least.

Since working for free is not a viable option, what do you suggest?