Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Sexist trousers' are below the belt

Still Waters

The world has changed, women now carry the financial burden right along with men. It's only right that both genders should now carry the domestic burden (laundry, cooking, cleaning, shopping, childcare) as well. No one can have their cake and eat it to.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Sakari

• Leonardo

• Neognosis

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are overreacting.

I would agree that the label was a problem if women were still being persecuted in this society and relegated to only household chores. But since this has not been the case for the past 40 year, I think it's funny.

Women are still being persecuted although not overtly. Perhaps you should start paying attention. Here in France its the land of the right man and women are to be cute barefoot pregnant in the kitchen.... And I forgot... shut up. It's discusting. Had I saw those pants in a store I would have made a scandal.

Hey Leo, I see what you are saying here but in my opinion this tag and it's implications would be shared between individuals with more than just a casual acquaintance. Like husband/wife or son/mother, in which case it would be a joke shared in private between people who knew each other on a personal level. In fact I think I might like to buy a pair for my wife, after she finishes beating me we could share a laugh over it. :lol:

You suggest that the only people who buy these trousers:

1) examine the label for washing instructions before purchase?

2) are in a close relationship with a person of the opposite gender and so buy these trousers as a personal joke?

Do you suggest that is the company's premise also?

I know there is clothing for sale, t-shirts for example, with very obvious 'messages' on them. In that case, the person is immediately aware of what they are purchasing and the reason for the purchase can be assumed to be at least in part, humourous. In the case of these trousers, the message is not apparent and nor would the average shopper be expected to notice it.

Edited by Leonardo

Women are still being persecuted although not overtly. Perhaps you should start paying attention. Here in France its the land of the right man and women are to be cute barefoot pregnant in the kitchen.... And I forgot... shut up. It's discusting. Had I saw those pants in a store I would have made a scandal.

So, you're saying that in France men want their "gateau" and to eat it too? "Bon Chance" trying that where I live. Je suis une mechante 'American' femme. :devil:

You young males have at it. I am older and would not touch this post with a ten foot pole,LOL

You young males have at it. I am older and would not touch this post with a ten foot pole,LOL

Who you calling young! :P

I don't resemble that remark...

Who you calling young! :P

I don't resemble that remark...

LOL, I here ya.

080404Chores1_rfd38sril.gif

Wives Still Do Laundry, Men Do Yard Work

Husbands and wives view the household division of labor differently

by Frank Newport PRINCETON, NJ -- Married couples in America today maintain a strong and traditional division of labor, with 68% of married adults saying the wife does the laundry, and 57% saying the husband does the yard work.

Gallup's annual Social Series Lifestyle poll, conducted in December 2007, reveals that women continue to be much more likely than their husbands to perform a wide number of household duties, with men being reported as primarily responsible for only two. The survey asked all married respondents to indicate whether they or their spouse was "most likely" to do each of 10 chores, with those who said they had a child under the age of 18 also asked about child care.

080404Chores2_eo30cog3.gif

As I said, this is a obvious joke, and a joke that is actually realistic if you think about it, and are honest..........:yes:

If a care label on a shovel said at the bottom " let your man take care of it, it is his job anyway " would there be a huge ruccuss like this one?

Well, this one is not huge, but anyway.......

Edited by Sakari

This thread is STILL going?

Holy smokes... what a bunch of whiners.

How is that thread about that diaper company who has the "7 day daddy challenge" going?

Oh yea, there ISN'T a thread about that, because NOBODY CARES and the men that it belittles don't spend all their time crying that someone said something that wasn't nice about them.

And nobody should care about a label in a pair of jeans... all you are doing is giving it a power it doesn't have without your complaining.

Yeah, you and Sakari are doing a good job keeping it alive. You two are running neck and neck for some of the most posts in the thread. :lol:

laugh.gif @ Give it to a woman it's her job lol.. That sounds like something my husband would buy for a laugh

This would not offend me.. I would look at that as more of a joke....Besides my hubby does the laundry anyway so meh !! tongue.gif..I just do the ironing

Besides my hubby does the laundry anyway so meh !! tongue.gif..I just do the ironing

Mine, too!

Mine, too!

Good man he is ...We have our men trained well lol <--- Wonder if that sounded ................sexist? laugh.gif ( even though its just a joke)

Yeah, you and Sakari are doing a good job keeping it alive. You two are running neck and neck for some of the most posts in the thread. :lol:

I must be real bored......

Your statement is off.....

Lilly has 14 replies

Leonardo has 12 replies

Myself more than Neo, but neither of us in the top 3 :)

I did not count everyone, just a few.....The top ones anyway.

laugh.gif @ Give it to a woman it's her job lol.. That sounds like something my husband would buy for a laugh

This would not offend me.. I would look at that as more of a joke....Besides my hubby does the laundry anyway so meh !! tongue.gif..I just do the ironing

See, I new you were a awesome person with a sense of humor !!!!!!

:tsu::clap::nw:

I must be real bored......

Your statement is off.....

Lilly has 14 replies

Leonardo has 12 replies

Myself more than Neo, but neither of us in the top 3 :)

I did not count everyone, just a few.....The top ones anyway.

I thought I was on ignore. Now I remember why...your reading comprehension is somewhat lacking.

Oh well, nothing good lasts forever.

Good man he is ...We have our men trained well lol <--- Wonder if that sounded ................sexist? laugh.gif ( even though its just a joke)

Mine isn't trainable. :rolleyes: But he doesn't like having more than one load of laundry dirty and it doesn't bother me to have as much as two...so he started doing it. :P

Wow this is great news. I can actually tell my wife to change her own damn brakes and repair her truck by herself, shovel snow and build a new extension to the house.

I just always felt is was kind of a mans job to do these sort of things. Not to say women can't do it, but it would bother me to see her struggle with a task that I know I can achieve with ease.

I say be proud to do it for us idiots and relieve that awful confusion on how to separate the light and dark colors.

If it were up to me, I'd even put all the whites in with the colors :devil:

See, I new you were a awesome person with a sense of humor !!!!!!

Well I can understand how so many can find it not so funny.. Sexism in general depending how it is used can be offensive and rude to so many females... I think it depends on what is said and HOW it is said

I took the OP pic as a joke because growing up at some, my dad was the kind that would have made sexist jokes..but in a FUNNY sort of way that made you laugh... He never meant harm by it... So I got used to the humour side more... My dad was house proud, did the chores and made jokes ...So I could not take those sort of jab to heart

However if a man is being a rude prat about it..then I can get annoyed and lash out back...So it really depends on what is said and how it is said...If it is just a joke and harmless then I can laugh at it..

Mine isn't trainable. :rolleyes: But he doesn't like having more than one load of laundry dirty and it doesn't bother me to have as much as two...so he started doing it. :P

Mine doest mind but he insisted I do the harder part - The ironing.. I agreed...I am better at ironing anyway lol ..I have seem him try and iron...I think he add more creases than before!!

You come on to whine about people... whining? .... How .........Ironic.....but non surprising .. your a man after all Irony escapes you laugh.gif .

.Sorry that was a joke.. I guess a sexist thread one can get carried away.. As you claim to have a sense of humour.. then cut out your own whining !!!

How is that thread about that diaper company who has the "7 day daddy challenge" going?

Oh yea, there ISN'T a thread about that, because NOBODY CARES and the men that it belittles don't spend all their time crying that someone said something that wasn't nice about them.

And nobody should care about a label in a pair of jeans... all you are doing is giving it a power it doesn't have without your complaining.

Thankfully, a lot of whining to respond to!

This would be you whining about other people being whiners, would it?

What a weiner whiner.

your a man after all Irony escapes you

"You're"

The contraction of "you are."

Irony doesn't escape me, "ironing" does.

I thought I was on ignore.

You are back on it, so do not bother replying......Only person I have on it, that is sad.

Once in a while,I try to reach out the olive branch to you..........I guess it was yet another failed attempt........I never learn I guess.I forgot just how bad your jealousy, and hatred runs towards me....

Sometimes I realise this is just a internet forum also.......Sorry.