Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Sexist trousers' are below the belt

Still Waters

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Sakari

• Leonardo

• Neognosis

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're saying that in France men want their "gateau" and to eat it too? "Bon Chance" trying that where I live. Je suis une mechante 'American' femme. :devil:

Oh you are "mechante" aren't you? Yes in France men eat (and hit) their gateau. PS I was maried to someone even more méchante in the States. :innocent:

And for Asylum, heu .. I not only did the laundry the cooking (she would load the dishes in the dishwasher) and did the brakes, change the oil on the car and change the kid's diaper when he was a baby.

...I not only did the laundry the cooking (she would load the dishes in the dishwasher) and did the brakes, change the oil on the car and change the kid's diaper when he was a baby.

In truth, I'm really not really very evil at all. :blush:

I just think that everyone (male and female) deserve to be treated by their partner with respect and dignity. No one has some perogative (based on gender) to abuse another person, especially someone they claim to love. No husband, no wife should be treated like a servant by their partner (let alone ever hit).

"You're"

The contraction of "you are."

Oh look at that, you can spot my spelling mistake...... Now don't you go making others jealous , showing everyone that you can be multi tasked, by demonstrating that you can whine like there is no tomorrow and spot a spelling error at the same time lol ..Hope it didn't take too much out of you.. I am sure you had a nice rest after all that eh? .tongue.gif..Joking of course <-- I was going to misspell that too, but I wouldn't want to take too much out of you..laugh.gif

irony doesn't escape me, "ironing" does.

Imagine if whining could iron clothes and clean house? You would strike it lucky, and could open up your own cleaning services ...You could call it - Neo-Whine-house Cleaning Services ... Just joking lol

Now I am sure you can take all I said as a joke,..you are after all laying the emphasis on how it is right to take jokes ..so suck it up tongue.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You are back on it, so do not bother replying......Only person I have on it, that is sad.

Once in a while,I try to reach out the olive branch to you..........I guess it was yet another failed attempt........I never learn I guess.I forgot just how bad your jealousy, and hatred runs towards me....

Sometimes I realise this is just a internet forum also.......Sorry.

Not sad at all...I just don't like liars and I've caught you in one too many.

Thank you for putting me back on ignore. :tu:

In truth, I'm really not really very evil at all. :blush:

I just think that everyone (male and female) deserve to be treated by their partner with respect and dignity. No one has some perogative (based on gender) to abuse another person, especially someone they claim to love. No husband, no wife should be treated like a servant by their partner (let alone ever hit).

Being nice often leads to abuse (noticed I say often not always). But yes, I did witness abuses (and often verbal abuses can be worse than physical ones) and when I witness an abuse on another person than me, I will do a job putting down the abuser.

Michelle and Sakari, that's quite enough. Either take your personal dispute to PM, or opt to leave each other alone.

We had a rather rude truck driver last night. He kept following Christina around, asking her if she needed help, getting all up in her business, trying to show her how to use a pallet jack. He kept getting in her way as she was trying to unload the truck, and when she politely declined his assistance, he turned to another one of our co-workers and said 'She doesn't need to be messin' around in there.' When she tried to bring it up with the guys, they just started mocking her and making sexist jokes. I know this doesn't have anything to do with the label, but it shows that sexism is still alive and well. I later convinced her to go to management, though she was concerned that it would look bad on her instead of the driver and that's a damn shame.

We had a rather rude truck driver last night. He kept following Christina around, asking her if she needed help, getting all up in her business, trying to show her how to use a pallet jack. He kept getting in her way as she was trying to unload the truck, and when she politely declined his assistance, he turned to another one of our co-workers and said 'She doesn't need to be messin' around in there.' When she tried to bring it up with the guys, they just started mocking her and making sexist jokes. I know this doesn't have anything to do with the label, but it shows that sexism is still alive and well. I later convinced her to go to management, though she was concerned that it would look bad on her instead of the driver and that's a damn shame.

That is when we are usually told, "If you can't take the heat get out of the business, honey." with a sneer. It never stopped me, because I can give as good as I get, but it isn't something we should have to put up with.

It means a lot that there are men like you who will lend support, Ratte. :tu:

That is actually one of the things that attracted me to my husband. He testified in court on a couple of sexual harassment cases against union d*****.

Edited by Michelle

I do not see anything sexism in the truckers part.......That could have been a man, and he could have easilly done the same thing.

Maybe she was slow, or he is just a person that likes things done his way.

Funny, how would she had felt if she was struggling, and he just sat there watching the entire time?

Sounds to me like someone takes things a little to personal....... :yes:

Or maybe he was wearing that brand of trousers.....

Back on topic......

who+does+your+washing.jpg

Edited by Sakari

I do not see anything sexism in the truckers part.......That could have been a man, and he could have easilly done the same thing.

Maybe she was slow, or he is just a person that likes things done his way.

Funny, how would she had felt if she was struggling, and he just sat there watching the entire time?

Sounds to me like someone takes things a little to personal....... :yes:

Or maybe he was wearing that brand of trousers.....

Back on topic......

She was doing her job and the man kept getting in her way. He did not offer help to the shortest member of our crew, a man who stands about 5'3" and weighs probably about half Christinas weight, who had a difficult time getting a pallet of water off the truck. If she needed help, she would ask for it. She has asked for my help to get grills off the belt before. She was the one singled out. Why not me or the short fellow?

Back on topic......

The item of clothing on the right appears to be a woman's jumper/cardigan?

In which case, the label is suggesting a lack of expertise/experience - rather than a gender-based slur.