Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where will Ron Paul’s supporters go for GE

questionmark

Unless it is anti-abortion Paul votes no out of principle.

And the result would be grid lock until the dems/repubs formed a coalition against him to get "the people's ' business done. His intransigence would lower the deficit some but the country would be at a standstill also. Oh, but the impeachment trial would make great theater. :rolleyes:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• BlindMessiah

• and-then

• Space Commander Travis

And the result would be grid lock until the dems/repubs formed a coalition against him to get "the people's ' business done. His intransigence would lower the deficit some but the country would be at a standstill also. Oh, but the impeachment trial would make great theater. :rolleyes:

I'm not entirely sure that would be the case. Either way, he'll never be president, I love the man but I guess America isn't quite ripe enough for the rEVOLution?

The important thing is that his message is getting out there in a big way to many people in the U.S. and abroad. I have a few Japanese pen pals living in Osaka that all happened to ask me at different times if I think he can win the presidency. Dr. Paul should be proud of what he's accomplished.

Edited by Legaia

To the Constitution, where else?

The job of fighting unconstitutional idiots from both parties never ends.

I'm not entirely sure that would be the case. Either way, he'll never be president, I love the man but I guess America isn't quite ripe enough for the rEVOLution?

The important thing is that his message is getting out there in a big way to many people in the U.S. and abroad. I have a few Japanese pen pals living in Osaka that all happened to ask me at different times if I think he can win the presidency. Dr. Paul should be proud of what he's accomplished.

I am conservative and could only ever vote for RP if the choice was he or Obama. I respect what he's accomplished and I genuinely hope that his crew stays together and keeps pushing for change on the national level especially after the election is over. Whichever clown sits in the chair, we all know there will be no real change for the better. His movement could grow by leaps and bounds and form a true groundswell of support for a viable third party just by being in the face of the media and the do nothing congress... I think America is ripe for drastic change and four more years of tax, spend and fight may bring it all to a head. His foreign policy message would have to be tweaked but not trashed and that alone would probably gain the movement another 10 or15 percent of support nationally.

you do know, of course, your current personal income tax rates are the lowest they've been in decades. Corporate tax rates are the lowest in an even longer time. Which is actually the problem. You can't spend like a drunken sailor on the military, cut taxes and increase medicare and expect things to work out.

And that the republicans in congress actively blocked reducing military spending

And that we finally stopped combat in Iraq and appear to ready to do so in Afghanistan now as well.

you do know, of course, your current personal income tax rates are the lowest they've been in decades. Corporate tax rates are the lowest in an even longer time. Which is actually the problem. You can't spend like a drunken sailor on the military, cut taxes and increase medicare and expect things to work out.

And that the republicans in congress actively blocked reducing military spending

And that we finally stopped combat in Iraq and appear to ready to do so in Afghanistan now as well.

If all we paid was a income tax, we'd be in good shape. But the average working American pays over 40% of thier earnings in a WIDE range of taxes. So the problem is half your work week you are litteraly a slave. Paying for thing ranging from foriegn abortions, to setting up tyrannical dictatorships over seas. Now we even buy military equipment for AlCIAda to destroy countries like Lybia, and Syria. And they even admit it.

If all we paid was a income tax, we'd be in good shape. But the average working American pays over 40% of thier earnings in a WIDE range of taxes. So the problem is half your work week you are litteraly a slave. Paying for thing ranging from foriegn abortions, to setting up tyrannical dictatorships over seas. Now we even buy military equipment for AlCIAda to destroy countries like Lybia, and Syria. And they even admit it.

None of this was in question. The previous poster was painting Obama as a "tax and spend liberal". I was pointing out how this was incorrect.

None of this was in question. The previous poster was painting Obama as a "tax and spend liberal". I was pointing out how this was incorrect.

You're right dude. Obama does it a different way. He (along with his cronies in congress) just spend and lets others worry about the mess it creates. He's an ideologue and when he's reelected if he continues down the same path then we all are screwed. I'm no economist but you don't have to be to see that printing trillions of dollars will eventually make all of them worth less. It's the reason gas costs are rising even though there is no shortage and the demand is less than usual. Oh yeah...Obama is the man.

When did the U.S. buy military equipment for AlCIAda to destroy countries like Lybia, and Syria?

When did the U.S. buy military equipment for AlCIAda to destroy countries like Lybia, and Syria?

Or anyone supporting Assad and Gaddafi are clearly insane.

That is alCIAda not AlCIAda....

We supplied the rebels that fought the recent lybia war with military equipment. And the US government straight admits part of that crew was alCIAda. And they have done nothing but terrorise the place ever since. And those are some of the same folks in Syria right now, who we are openly talking about rearming.

You're right dude. Obama does it a different way. He (along with his cronies in congress) just spend and lets others worry about the mess it creates. He's an ideologue and when he's reelected if he continues down the same path then we all are screwed. I'm no economist but you don't have to be to see that printing trillions of dollars will eventually make all of them worth less. It's the reason gas costs are rising even though there is no shortage and the demand is less than usual. Oh yeah...Obama is the man.

Price inflation is caused by increases in demand, not from the government borrowing money. Theoretically they have to spend that money somewhere, so indirectly it's going to cause prices to be higher than if government spent no money, but it isn't the source of rising gas prices. What excess government borrowing does is cause faith to be lost in our ability to eventually pay back, which causes future loans to the US to come with higher interest rates, further burying us in debt.

We supplied the rebels that fought the recent lybia war with military equipment. And the US government straight admits part of that crew was alCIAda. And they have done nothing but terrorise the place ever since. And those are some of the same folks in Syria right now, who we are openly talking about rearming.

Good, Assad and his nazi style gang. Assad has never liked America or Western Powers.

Price inflation is caused by increases in demand, not from the government borrowing money. Theoretically they have to spend that money somewhere, so indirectly it's going to cause prices to be higher than if government spent no money, but it isn't the source of rising gas prices. What excess government borrowing does is cause faith to be lost in our ability to eventually pay back, which causes future loans to the US to come with higher interest rates, further burying us in debt.

Then why is it that the prices are continuing to spike in absence of said increase in demand? Global demand is actually lower (including the US) and supply is almost a glut. No...when too many dollars are chasing goods those goods become more expensive. If it had always been as simple as "we're in debt so let's just print some more" there never would have been a problem. And I believe if Oby is reelected we are finally going to see Keynes put to the ultimate test. His crowd has always said that not ENOUGH stimulus was tried. Well Oby's going to take that argument away soon...

So would you be happy for Assad to carry on doing as he is doing, since it's nothing to do with us, look the other way, cross the road and pretend you didn't see anything? Or is the current theory that Assad's "crackdown against Terrorists" was entirely provoked by the U.S. to give a justification for (a very reluctant, it seems) Intervention to depose Assad? And is Assad, by definition, therefore, a friend of Liberals all around the world, same as gadaffi and Ahmadasaboxoffrogs ?

I believe you are wrong in this but assuming you are correct, what possible good could the US government anticipate by intervening there? We've seen the Muslim Brothers take Egypt and Islamists become more firmly entrenched in all the other countries of the "Spring". If we become embroiled there even as a paymaster or armorer we are simply helping our enemies put down our other enemies. There is no profit and incredible risk involved. It just makes no sense to me. Additionally, we have a true madman in the form of Assad. Gaddafi was a thug. Assad is truly evil and will do anything to stay in power.

I believe that the start and finish of our involvement in Libya was payback to our allies for their help in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Both Britain and France have been there for America in one way or another for the past decade and we could NOT refuse their requests for assistance.

Then why is it that the prices are continuing to spike in absence of said increase in demand? Global demand is actually lower (including the US) and supply is almost a glut. No...when too many dollars are chasing goods those goods become more expensive. If it had always been as simple as "we're in debt so let's just print some more" there never would have been a problem. And I believe if Oby is reelected we are finally going to see Keynes put to the ultimate test. His crowd has always said that not ENOUGH stimulus was tried. Well Oby's going to take that argument away soon...

I'm not saying that printing money doesn't cause inflation, I'm saying the government borrowing money causes very little. They're different. The fractional reserve banking system, under the guidance of the Federal Reserve, is in charge of money supply. The treasury borrows through treasury bonds; this is different from the FED's monetary creation. As for the stimulus, I don't know who is correct, but in defense of the Keynesians, when the stimulus was passed, the actual people pushing for it did say it needed to be a much larger amount. So this isn't an argument created after the fact.

I'm not saying that printing money doesn't cause inflation, I'm saying the government borrowing money causes very little. They're different. The fractional reserve banking system, under the guidance of the Federal Reserve, is in charge of money supply. The treasury borrows through treasury bonds; this is different from the FED's monetary creation. As for the stimulus, I don't know who is correct, but in defense of the Keynesians, when the stimulus was passed, the actual people pushing for it did say it needed to be a much larger amount. So this isn't an argument created after the fact.

You know, Obama's team of economists were actually calling for a bank holiday before Jon Corzine was hired to oversee the Recovery and Investment act of '09. They've done it before and they can do it again screwing millions of their wealth.

Biden says it here in this video.

You know, Obama's team of economists were actually calling for a bank holiday before Jon Corzine was hired to oversee the Recovery and Investment act of '09. They've done it before and they can do it again screwing millions of their wealth.

Biden says it here in this video.

How exactly did the Bank Holiday during the Great Depression screw millions out of their wealth?

How exactly did the Bank Holiday during the Great Depression screw millions out of their wealth?

are you kidding?