Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman, 27, in love with the Statue of Liberty

Still Waters

The iconic Statue of Liberty is adored by millions around the world.

But while most appreciate what it stands for, or are in awe of its design, few would profess their undying love for it.

That is unless you are smitten Amanda Whittaker who says she has fallen head over heels for the famous New York monument.

The 27-year-old shop assistant from Leeds suffers from an unusual condition called objectum sexuality, whereby she falls in love with inanimate objects instead of people.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoIverine

• Rolci

• Skeptic Chicken

• acute

I'm very confused. :blush:

yeah right

i think this is pumped up somewhat. so she's obsessed with the statue of liberty - so what. people collect all sorts of weird stuff that they don't believe they can live without. why is this so different? because she claims to be romantically attracted to it?

doing some major eye rolling here...

As one commenter said on the Daily Mail's website said... everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame. :rolleyes:

I saw a tv interview with her yesterday, believe it or not she finished a relationship with a set of drums for the statue of liberty!

<3 I think this is an epic article and I hope they find happiness!

okay so part of me wants to believe that she's just trying to get attention, but the other part is saying she's crazy...

okay so part of me wants to believe that she's just trying to get attention, but the other part is saying she's crazy...

Some people will claim anything to get attention, and eventually a check from the government.

It's not so hard to believe, or imagine. How many people had a crush on a cartoon character as a kid? Daphne from Scooby Doo was pretty hot after all. ;)

It's not so hard to believe, or imagine. How many people had a crush on a cartoon character as a kid? Daphne from Scooby Doo was pretty hot after all. ;)

I always preferred Melody from the Pussycats.

There's a show on tv right now that features obsessions; one guy was literally in love with his car.

I love all these comments being cynical and rude. There is no need for it. Men in Japan marry their dakimakuras, they marry anime characters and video game characters.... Men (in the West at least) have been arrested for breaking into a farm and m********ing in the slurry pit. Men have had to be freen from car exhausts after they got stuck in them. I read on UM once a woman was getting sexual thrills off eating her dead husbands ashes. The mind is a wonderful and at times a baffling thing, just because it isn't seen as 'normal' (normal being a very hard term for human psyche) people jump around saying she's doing it for attention or money. Yes, that is possible, but to go to the trouble of proving such claims (papers, even the Daily Fail won't just pay out) and the stigma from your local area isn't always worth the very minor monetary reward you get for saying this.

The only difference between this woman and the examples I've used is 1. She's a woman and 2. She's in love with a large, well known object.

I'm not a sentimental person, but there isn't enough love, happiness and pleasure in the world, if she's found some here, good for her.... Glad she doesn't have to read comments like this everyday.

So why is it that these "rare conditions" always occur only in the US and the UK? May it have something to do with all those dodgy additives that you put in your own food, especially convenience drinks and sweets? I don't know... But ignorance will ALWAYS have consequences.

So why is it that these "rare conditions" always occur only in the US and the UK? May it have something to do with all those dodgy additives that you put in your own food, especially convenience drinks and sweets? I don't know... But ignorance will ALWAYS have consequences.

Flouride, aspartame, pthalates in plastics, GMO's, God only knows the long term effects of all that.

W T F ?

I think what people are saying is that all the pollutants in our food and water might just be making some folks a tad *bonkers*(?). At least that's what I surmised.

Majority of all food in the UK has no flavourings/colourings/additives/etc. The UK has changed a lot with food and sweets. Major bands like Cadbury/Mars relish on the whole "now with no flavourings/additives" because more people in the UK would rather buy food that's not got nasty crap in it.

I'm not 100% with USA food.

OK, let's see what I've got home today from Sainsbury's. A popular Sainsbury's Bakery product (I know cuz I'm the cashier) in the usual clear tubs: 18 Rocky Road Bites. I'm going to type the ingredients for you guys:

Milk Chocolate (60%); Crisped Rice (14%),Currants (12%); White Marshmallows (7%); Digestive Biscuit Pieces (6%).

Milk Chocolate contains: Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Liquor, Skimmed Milk Powder, Butter Oil, Whey Powder, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin.

Crisped Rice contains: Rice Flour, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Whey Malt Extract (from Barley), Salt, Sunflower Oil, Emulsifier: Sunflower Lecithin.

Currants Contains: Currants, Palm Oil.

White Marshmallows contains: Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sugar, Water, Pork Gelatine, Anti Caking Agent: Maize Starch; Natural Flavouring.

Digestive Biscuit Pieces contains: Wheat Flour, Wholemeal Wheat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Skimmed Milk Powder, Raising Agents: Sodium Hydrogen Bicarbonate, Tartaric Acid; Salt, Treacle.

To be honest, I don't know what most of these are, what they are produced from, and how exactly they are produced. And I have no idea what the long-term effects of the emulsifiers are, what Pork Gelatine is exactly, why Sodium Hydrogen Bicarbonate is needed for the formula and what Tartaric Acid can do to your stomach, let alone to the cells all over your body once they're digested and absorbed. And all these are nothing, there was no word about artificial flavourings, preservatives, colours, all sorts of "agents", acids and chemicals, not to mention all the E-numbers. You can't seriously expect a lack of occurence of all sorts of illnesses, disorders and syndromes after you take all this cr@p into your own body, have them integrated into your cells, possibly messing with your cell structures, and God knows, passing stuff down to your future offsprings. After all, they form from the matter found in your body, and then they're nourished from your mild, and then of course you stuff them with the same **** again, especially those toxic sweets, just to shut them up or get them to obey you or bribe them into behaving temporarily, rahter than pass down understanding, respect and love by setting an example and teaching them responsibility. Nice modern cultures we have built up.

Edited by Rolci

Super weird....

Edited by harleyquinn

OK, let's see what I've got home today from Sainsbury's. A popular Sainsbury's Bakery product (I know cuz I'm the cashier) in the usual clear tubs: 18 Rocky Road Bites. I'm going to type the ingredients for you guys:

Milk Chocolate (60%); Crisped Rice (14%),Currants (12%); White Marshmallows (7%); Digestive Biscuit Pieces (6%).

Milk Chocolate contains: Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Liquor, Skimmed Milk Powder, Butter Oil, Whey Powder, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin.

Crisped Rice contains: Rice Flour, Wheat Flour, Sugar, Whey Malt Extract (from Barley), Salt, Sunflower Oil, Emulsifier: Sunflower Lecithin.

Currants Contains: Currants, Palm Oil.

White Marshmallows contains: Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Sugar, Water, Pork Gelatine, Anti Caking Agent: Maize Starch; Natural Flavouring.

Digestive Biscuit Pieces contains: Wheat Flour, Wholemeal Wheat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Skimmed Milk Powder, Raising Agents: Sodium Hydrogen Bicarbonate, Tartaric Acid; Salt, Treacle.

I thought the point of Rocky Road was to cake it and keep it together as a cluster of random sweets?