Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Millions of spiders turn green fields white

Still Waters

At first glance it looks like the fields have been blanketed with snow - but this ghostly white landscape in Australia is the work of millions of spiders.

As flood waters raced past the town of Wagga Wagga, in New South Wales, the spiders were forced to clamber up trees and bushes, spinning their webs as they climbed.

The result was this amazing panorama - glistening sheets of web covering just about everything in sight.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• Wordless Wanderer

• spud the mackem

Awesome and inspiring. I wish that happened near where I live. The chance alone to study the micro environment they make would be a blast.

Have you ever driven across the top of the Yorkshire moors on a spring morning when the dew is there on the plants and the sun has just risen ?...The whole place looks like fairyland,everything glistening,with millions of spider webs on the plants shining in the sunlight.its a sight to be seen and you dont have to go to the land of OZ...cheers

This just happened in the Philippines too ! During the floods.The spiders all went up into the trees,and blaketed tree tops all over.It is just as wild looking as this .

You'd move too, right? :yes:

After I finished throwing up....

I have just read the comments between "Daughter of the Nine Moons and" "Lilly",and had a laugh,sorry but its amuzing.Whats wrong with a few little spiders trying to save their little lives by climbing up trees ??...Would you not do the same if the place became flooded.?..Actally a spider would probably have more chance of surviving than a human,because they can form an air bubble if they fall into water,and survive,which we cant do.How many spiders have you found trying to climb out of your bath or shower ?.They decide that it would be a good idea to climb up the waste water pipe which has a bend in it so they get their little auqa lung (air bubble) and swim up the pipe into your bath...good eh !..I hope you catch them and put them outside like I do,as they are very good at trapping "nasties",like flies,wasps caterpillars etc.I have a big Wolf spider called Fred,that lives in my garden shed,he's been there for about 10 years,and there aint no flies zooming around..cheers ladies.

There is nothing amusing about spiders. Nothing.

While I don't really mind a spider (or even a few spiders) that situation (the OP) is simply way, way, way too many!

Like I said, I'd move. :yes:

hehehe, this gave me the creeps... how about waking up and spiders have covered your house, dog, land and trees?

Poor dog is what I say

"Spider Web Forest Is Beautiful And Terrifying"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/spider-web-forrest-is-beautiful-and-terrifying

eeewwww !!!! :o

Edited by bouncer

Enough nightmare material to span several lifetimes... :unsure:

The webs do look beautiful but sans the spiders.

totally cool.

See, isn't the natural world so much more amazing than all of this hogwash about lake monsters, werewolves, bigfoot, etc. etc.

totally cool.

See, isn't the natural world so much more amazing than all of this hogwash about lake monsters, werewolves, bigfoot, etc. etc.

Couldn't be truer!

Ladies and Gentlemen - reason #1753 that Australia is plotting to kill everyone who lives here.